Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

PlayOffs 2022

Mantra

Hard to see anything other than Vale after the red card. Feel sorry for Nigel Clough.

Gives us a chance to properly avenge that 3-6 home defeat in the season before last. Other than that game our record v Vale is incredibly good over the years.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

We was poor very poor that day made them  look decent 

Think it was Cheltenham who lost the night before. We were thinking all we had to do was turn up, win then on to be champions

2 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Glad Wrexham fucked it, 3 bankrolled clubs in L2 would be horrebdous

Well, I live between Chester & Wxm. The whole town (supposedly a city now) has become completely football bonkers. I've met no-one who even countenanced not going up. The place will be devastated. 

.... fck 'em.

They'll simply buy 2 or 3 more Division 3 standard olayers, pay them Civ 2 money and fck it up next season too.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Hard to see anything other than Vale after the red card. Feel sorry for Nigel Clough.

Gives us a chance to properly avenge that 3-6 home defeat in the season before last. Other than that game our record v Vale is incredibly good over the years.

PV - the only team in the current season's 92 to have beaten every other club in a league match.

Pleased with both of today's play off results, and glad Wrexham stayed down with that ugly, physical, long throws football.

PV were 2 down at Swindon in the 1st leg, and they were 2 down in the pen shoot out in the 2nd leg.

Grimsby were 30 seconds from defeat at Notts County until their keeper assisted the equaliser, today they were losing 4-3 after 78 minutes away from home to the favourites. 

Great advert for play offs if you don't mind the 6th placed team getting to the final at the expense of the runners up.

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Had a few Vale on our train earlier. None of them remembered Pollitic. 

Cremonese his new Italian team have gone up to Serie A and from memory from what I've read he made maybe a handful of substitute appearances.

Can't see him getting much game time in Italy's biggest league but maybe behind the scenes he's developing really well, who knows? Lad certainly has potential but think he has made a mistake going there

8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Bottom end Serie A is pretty much Championship, isn’t it? Happy to be corrected by pink paper readers @tomski& @Marc505but in my defence I’ve got a fucking mint Football Italia iPhone ringtone if anyone wants in. Only thing is it goes to my voicemail by the time it reaches gol lazo (not Lazio, as all cultured folk know)

I think that’s a fair assessment. Simply through the fact the money they receive is the same, probably less. 

Edited by tomski

2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Just heard a surprising stat on Sky.  Since the play offs were introduced over 30 years ago,only 3 finals have ever finished 0-0.  Huddersfield featured in all 3 of them. The boring bastards.

C'mon Forest

Oh good grief. Might be worth a little bet