Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

PlayOffs 2022

Mantra

24 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Boris has said  today that for drug related football disorder it’s to be treated much more seriously with 5 year bans

Also given 5million to help with drug testing on arrests at matches  

im absolutely fuming at the sweeping generalisation  

“Middle-class coke heads should stop kidding themselves, their habit is feeding a war on our streets driving misery and crime across our country and beyond.”

Hmm.

8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Switched the away fans to another stand by looks 

When they said they were putting home fans in usual away end I thought they meant there would be home fans behind both nets. Seems pointless!

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They should give it out for free. No fuckers causing aggro wired off their tits.

This is the problem it’s all cooncil tackle these men are on. Give them some proper gear like you say nae mither than. Just burning lugholes. 

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

When they said they were putting home fans in usual away end I thought they meant there would be home fans behind both nets. Seems pointless!

That end is smaller than the usual away end, every play off team has restricted away support to about 2k, so Vale fans are in the end that holds about 4k.  Can't blame em, apparently a big chunk of gate receipts goes to the FA (or EFL?) so nothing to gain allowing more away fans.  Bad news for the teams involved though, and the likes of us in future years.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That end is smaller than the usual away end, every play off team has restricted away support to about 2k, so Vale fans are in the end that holds about 4k.  Can't blame em, apparently a big chunk of gate receipts goes to the FA (or EFL?) so nothing to gain allowing more away fans.  Bad news for the teams involved though, and the likes of us in future years.

I take it there's no FA Cup style rules on bigger away allocations then.

We're just gonna have to win the league and save ourselves all thus stress and strife.

4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

The 2k thing is bollocks 

Its rubbish isn't, can't see it changing now that the precedents have been set, they'd have to give a bigger share of gate receipts to home teams for it to change.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I take it there's no FA Cup style rules on bigger away allocations then.

We're just gonna have to win the league and save ourselves all thus stress and strife.

No, just treated as league games, and as its 2 legs nobody's getting the unfair advantage.

Yes, I enjoy the play offs but if we were involved there'd be no enjoyment until the whistle went at Wembley and we'd won.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Haha. 

Someone put a vid on here of him apparently smashed and teetering in the commons.

Then there was him nightclubbing.

And the one of him struggling with the concept of clapping. Man's fucked or an alien, its one of the two.

3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

PV crowds wouldn’t massively go up with promotion they keep it the same some big pay days for them 

Assume they’re thinking if they go up they’d fill that themselves. Not clicked on yet that getting beat every week doesn’t quite bring in the same home support as winning.. 

15 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Vale can only sell 80% of each stand capacity cos they haven’t got necessary fire certs. Flipping the ends gives them more home fans. Looking at doing it permanently too so if they do come up it’ll be massively reduced for all next year 

There capacity is 19k, even 80% is still over 15k.  Their biggest crowd in 9 years is about 11k that they got v Bristol Rovers (excluding last night).  It would be wierd if they reduced their crowds by restricting the away fans next season.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

There capacity is 19k, even 80% is still over 15k.  Their biggest crowd in 9 years is about 11k that they got v Bristol Rovers (excluding last night).  It would be wierd if they reduced their crowds by restricting the away fans next season.

Makes no sense to me either but just reporting what I’ve been told off one of their lot. Could also be a staffs police issue too… hardly shy down there and potential big followings next year only invites it.. 

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Makes no sense to me either but just reporting what I’ve been told off one of their lot. Could also be a staffs police issue too… hardly shy down there and potential big followings next year only invites it.. 

One of those might be out of the window if Sunderland go up tbf