Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

12 hours ago, gonzo said:

I didnt like it when Bury went. Felt sorry for their fans an staff, an age old football club like them going whilst players 10 miles down the road are earning ÂŁ200k a week is utterly wrong.

These Wigan Cunts however can fuck off. Their town doesnt deserve a football league team. 

Its a rugby town through and through. They should stick to that.

Hope the perish and burn into nothing and never exist in any form again.

Leave football to the big boys. On and off the pitch.

Playing devil's advocate, as I'm as anti-Wigan as most on here and wish them all the bad luck going.  But is that based on no town that plays rugby should also have a football team?  Or just their relatively poor crowds?  Coz if that's the case there are loads of teams that don't deserve to be in the EFL, but they just happen to not be our "rivals/haters".

With Wigan being such a young club, families who have lived there for generations will have grown up as Man U, Liverpool, Everton or Bolton fans.  The only ones who support Wigan will have been those that bucked the family trend at some point.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

With Wigan being such a young club, families who have lived there for generations will have grown up as Man U, Liverpool, Everton or Bolton fans.  The only ones who support Wigan will have been those that bucked the family trend at some point.

They were founded in 1932.

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They’ve been irrelevant for most of that. Derby yes. Rivals no. Younger fans I get it but I can’t answer for them.

I can’t take them seriously. Everything they do/think seems to have us in their mindsets. Weirdos.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, tomski said:

They’ve been irrelevant for most of that. Derby yes. Rivals no. Younger fans I get it but I can’t answer for them.

I can’t take them seriously. Everything they do/think seems to have us in their mindsets. Weirdos.

I agree.

26 minutes ago, tomski said:

Used to play Horwich RMI and I believe it would kick off 

When Wigan were promoted to the league in 1978, they finished runner up to Boston United.  Wigan were elected and Boston stayed down (they may not have applied for promotion for all I know).  I always assumed they stormed the league and were deservedly promoted, but not so.  

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

When Wigan were promoted to the league in 1978, they finished runner up to Boston United.  Wigan were elected and Boston stayed down (they may not have applied for promotion for all I know).  I always assumed they stormed the league and were deservedly promoted, but not so.  

Whatever happened to Boston by the way?!

One minute they were in the league then they vanished without trace. Sure they docked 30 points or summet daft. Luton got twatted the same.

7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Playing devil's advocate, as I'm as anti-Wigan as most on here and wish them all the bad luck going.  But is that based on no town that plays rugby should also have a football team?  Or just their relatively poor crowds?  Coz if that's the case there are loads of teams that don't deserve to be in the EFL, but they just happen to not be our "rivals/haters".

Just seems to me it's just not a football town whatsoever.

Even the rugby lads hate the footy lot.

Think it'd be better if they had a smaller ground like Forest Green or summet.

4 hours ago, tomski said:

I'm probably on the younger end of things here, and I'll put my hands up and say that, yep, I can't stand them. Obviously Blackburn and United are there, but as they've always had more fierce rivalries, it felt like a one way street. The whole Tranmere thing passed me by (just). So for me personally, there was always a bit of a vacuum.

Now they've shared divisions with us for a good few years, become blindly obsessed with us as literally nobody else cares about them, and (for me anyway) it's kind of filled that void. 

Hopefully now their owner has clearly got bored, all 23 of their fans suffer - even one tenth what we did under And*rson. But they won't, the slimy bastards always seem to land on their feet. 

Been here a million times before but its completely generational.

Mainly because we havent got s traditional rival like Blackpool have with PNE or similar.

We seem to generate one every other decade.

Anyone under the age of 30 would never consider United a rival, derby or whatever you want to call it in a million years. Unless you live in Little Hulton or summet.

Right here, right now its Wigan. 20 years ago it was Tranmere or Wolves. 20 years previous it was United.

20 years from now it will be some fucker else.

Just the way it is with us. Bit crap really, I'd love a proper thing like villa brum or sheff derby but we are stuck with being hated by loads of small clubs and big clubs have their own things going on and couldnt give a fuck about us.

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Mainly because we havent got s traditional rival like Blackpool have with PNE or similar.

Anyone under the age of 30 would never consider United a rival, derby or whatever you want to call it in a million years. Unless you live in Little Hulton or summet.

Right here, right now its Wigan. 20 years ago it was Tranmere or Wolves. 20 years previous it was United.

Just the way it is with us. Bit crap really, I'd love a proper thing like villa brum or sheff derby but we are stuck with being hated by loads of small clubs and big clubs have their own things going on and couldnt give a fuck about us.

Think which part of Bolton you're from plays a part as well 

17 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye deffo. But for a rivalry or derby it should be two way.

Theres only Wigan that hate us and us only in our stratosphere.

Agree and never got the idea that Man Utd are a rival

In our days of playing them, I doubt many Man Utd fans woke up on fixture release date thinking when do we play Bolton 

They've got City, Leeds and Liverpool

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Cheese said:

Though they've only been a league club since the late 1970s, so there's a generation or two knocking about that probably didn't go watching them because no one watched non league back then 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

It could be argued that I’m a product of the generational hatred you speak of, but this has gone on longer than Tranmere (who are further afield) and Wolves (who are even further away, and also have three midlands clubs to contend with). 

They’re on our doorstep, and have played  in our division for the best part of twenty years. 

Granted they were a bit try hard, but they’ve won the FA Cup as much as it pains me, and they’re currently a division higher.

While some may argue that they don’t hate or even care for Wigan, it’s head and shoulders above anything close to a big  rivalry that we’ve had in my lifetime.

Quite happy to embrace it tbh. Not that I’d be too disappointed if they went out of business.