Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

4 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Warrington Tics has a ring to it.

LOL, i reckon people from Warrington hate Wigan more than Bolton people do.

The majority of the population of Bolton have never given Wigan a 2nd thought.

As A fan i hate them but never see them as anything other than annoying little shits.

17 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Can't see anything to like about Bournemouth

Harry Redknapp, nearly going bust numerous times, bankrolled by a Russian oligarch 

If Harry Redknapp and nearly going bust are reasons to hate a team, its slim pickings!!  Nobody ever picked up the fixture list and said, when are we playing Bournemouth, I can't wait to renew that rivalry and feel the edge in the atmosphere.

Had a gander ont' Wiggin forum

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/somethings-not-right.125254/page-9

I won’t hold my breath for an apology!

It’s never ever a good sign when you can’t find out how much your owner is worth online and even less of one when he is radio silent. We’ve only ever had one message from him (that recorded video when he took over), since then, nothing.

Relegation is now a certainty. We’ll be put under an embargo and have no choice but to sell players in January, so Lang, Thelo, Whatmough will all be off for peanuts to pay the wages through summer. Fortunately we’ve got loads of players out of contract so can bring the wage bill right down and hopefully survive in L1 off our own naturally generated revenue.

Now it’s all about getting through to January when we can next raise significant funds through player sales. If the owner can’t afford to fund us for that long then administration is on its way yet again. So buckle up, it’s gonna be another bumpy ride!

^^^I had a look last time they were in shit and pretty sure the guy who posted this was the same guy who was way ahead of the (doom-mongering) curve when Stanley Choi was in charge.

Nixon being quizzed on Twitter….he says wages have been paid ….now whether they’ve been paid …but late is another issue (he doesn’t say) ….but given the new contract situation for the manager …it all looks a bit rum

Those photos are old. Richardson’s in last season’s club polo and there’s a calendar in the picture currently on June 2021. As said, there’s no way in hell Richardson would be flown out to Bahrain less than a week before our next game.

I’m telling you right now, these lot are wrong uns. Daily Mail claiming they’re looking for £15m to sell!!! What cloud do they live on! We are in big big trouble.

A mate of mine a Sunderland fan from up there just messaged me asking what's going on.
I couldn't tell him owt because nobody tells us owt.
As folk always say on here, why would they give us any news when there is no news to give.
As we know though this isnt always the case. Talal always vociferous has been more or less silent, wages late in past, piss all signings.
Something been brewing for a while.
Pollard the rat will be sniffing.

3 times isn’t a misunderstanding, error, or circumstances beyond their control. At best it’s incompetence.

At this point it doesn't matter if wages were paid only a day late, it's 3 times in 6 months. The EFL will be likely getting involved in some way as it'ss too many times to be technical issues, bad luck, etc - like they excused the previous ocassions.

In all the years watching football I can't recall hearing of a financially sound club missing wages once, so for us to do it 3 times in half a season clearly suggests something is not right at all.

The bizarre Richardson contract announcement seems like an attempt to drown out the elephant in the room.

Any smart owner who actually had the capital to run the club would have immediately pumped into the club accounts enough capital to pay wages for the next six months minimum after what happened in the summer. But no! Still we operate on a hand-to-mouth business model where the club can do nothing but anxiously wait for a cheque to be written and cleared at the end of every month, which was exactly what got us into administration in the first place when said person writing the cheques turned the tap off without warning.

I don't think Al-Jasmi will turn the tap off without warning like Stanley Choi did. I think this is simply a case of him not having the money to run the club and specifically cover any losses the club is making, which makes me so angry because why do you sign the players we have since summer 2021 on the wages they will be on if you know that down the line you won't be able to fund it? Did they do any due diligence whatsoever on English football or the Championship and what it takes to run a Championship football club? If Mike Keegan is right and they want £15m for the club then it says it all about how deluded these people are. They'd struggle to fetch 500k for Latics in the current financial climate.

All I ask for is a transparent owner with a business brain who runs the club sustainably through the revenue it generates, even if it means us being consigned to lower league obscurity forever. How difficult is that!

The EFL haven't yet placed us under an embargo according to their website, so I assume we've been successfully fobbing them off with excuses as to why the wages haven't been paid on time. But I suspect that will change imminently now the story has been made public.

EFL:
Clubs who fail to pay players on time could face points deductions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60419602

It's now 18h since the story broke and 5 or 6 days since the rumour started and still no word from the club. The lack of response makes things look bad - if it's not a big issue then it makes things look far worse than they are. I don't know how serious things are but the response has been awful from the club.

WIGAN ATHLETIC CHIEF EXECUTIVE, MALACHY BRANNIGAN, PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING UPDATE TO SUPPORTERS
Club is not for sale
Banking system the cause of delays to employee wages last weekend
Leam Richardson signs new three-year contract
Wigan Athletic Chief Executive, Malachy Brannigan, responds to varying news articles over the last couple of days…

The primary message that I want to convey is to assure the Club’s staff, its supporters and its business partners that, despite the recent media opinion, the current and future financial health of Wigan Athletic is strong and very secure, and I can confirm that the Club is not up for sale.

I can assure you that funding has never been the reason for any previous delay, and this is still the position in this situation.

We are aware of what needs to be done to make sure a late payment situation doesn’t happen again under our tenure, especially as they have recently been as a consequence of a banking process that took much longer than it should have done, once the funds were in the system.

The commitment to our Club from Mr Al Jasmi and Talal Al Hammad is unwavering and the very recent announcement on extending Leam Richardson’s contract for a further three years only goes to underline their support.

I'm glad they finally put out a statement but it probably should've been out before the story broke or at least ready to publish immediately after it went live. I find it very hard to believe they chose to delay responding so long rather than immediately reassure fans - you put out fires rather than let them get stoked. To me it looks more like they weren't prepared for the story breaking and we really should've been as it already leaked last week.

Another thing is I don't think the statement addressed was why payment was late again after they said things were in place to ensure it would never happen again. They said there was a delay in the system again, so what went wrong this time that hadn't in the previous 3 months? Not expecting lots of details but surely they could give us some idea what the issue was?

Thankfully I'm not as gullible as some on here. Jesus Christ!

So seems like Wigan have put out a statement dispelling concerns and most on the forum happy to take that at face value but a couple of others not so much...

We shall see

4 minutes ago, Mantra said:

^^^I had a look last time they were in shit and pretty sure the guy who posted this was the same guy who was way ahead of the (doom-mongering) curve when Stanley Choi was in charge.

So seems like Wigan have put out a statement dispelling concerns and most on the forum happy to take that at face value but a couple of others not so much...

We shall see

It is a weeping wound the Egyptian guy must realise he’s bought a pig in a poke…. Bleeding money left right & centre. 

31 minutes ago, Mantra said:

We shall see

Well, if they just paid their players on time no message would be necessary. 

I owned Payroll departments for many years as part of my HR duties.

On 2 occasions we hit a technical glitch. One we knew of in advance, one only the day it failed.

On both occasions I arranged a payment equal to the previous months, which was made the following day.

Some were owed a bit, some owed us. We had a month to arrange that.

The only reason that would have been difficult if we were perilously short of cash. Wigan, I suggest, are perilously short of cash.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I owned Payroll departments for many years as part of my HR duties.

On 2 occasions we hit a technical glitch. One we knew of in advance, one only the day it failed.

On both occasions I arranged a payment equal to the previous months, which was made the following day.

Some were owed a bit, some owed us. We had a month to arrange that.

The only reason that would have been difficult if we were perilously short of cash. Wigan, I suggest, are perilously short of cash.

I’d think the money has to be transferred from Egyptian bank account they’ll not be enough coming into the business to pay the bills and that might be the added problem. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d think the money has to be transferred from Egyptian bank account they’ll not be enough coming into the business to pay the bills and that might be the added problem. 

Then stack a month forward.

If that is difficult for cash-flow problems then they are living hand to mouth & they'll come unstuck again.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Then stack a month forward.

If that is difficult for cash-flow problems then they are living hand to mouth & they'll come unstuck again.

I would love to know the shortfall between incoming and outgoings each month and how much he’s chucking in to cover it, he might of twigged there is little possibility of turning a profit on a sale.  

"Speculation over clubs being for sale is always rife and, while some potential purchasers have approached the ownership group on a number of occasions since its acquisition of Wigan Athletic in March 2021, no approaches have ever been entertained

It is only natural that the club would attract interest given the positive journey it has been on in the last 19 months, but we remain committed in returning the club to where we believe it belongs in the football pyramid."

ROFLCOPTER