Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If Harry Redknapp and nearly going bust are reasons to hate a team, its slim pickings!!  Nobody ever picked up the fixture list and said, when are we playing Bournemouth, I can't wait to renew that rivalry and feel the edge in the atmosphere.

Never said they were reasons to hate them, just reasons to not admire them 

11 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

"Speculation over clubs being for sale is always rife and, while some potential purchasers have approached the ownership group on a number of occasions since its acquisition of Wigan Athletic in March 2021, no approaches have ever been entertained

It is only natural that the club would attract interest given the positive journey it has been on in the last 19 months, but we remain committed in returning the club to where we believe it belongs in the football pyramid."

ROFLCOPTER

I hope they are successful. 

Where they belong in the football pyramid is somewhere  Northern Counties.  

When they were leading at Hull 4 weeks ago they were joint 5th, above Blackburn and same points as Burnley with a game in hand on both.  They've beaten Blackburn since then and still gone 3rd bottom.  How uplifting.  

They've developed a great habit of losing games in the 2nd half, the opposite of last season.

Following Mike Keegans article in the Daily Mail a couple of weeks ago when wages were paid late and he claimed the club was for sale, the Wigan Chief Executive put out a statement (part of which is below ) refuting the suggestion that the club was for sale and hoping to reassure fans and put an end to the speculation  

WIGAN ATHLETIC CHIEF EXECUTIVE, MALACHY BRANNIGAN, PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING UPDATE TO SUPPORTERS

• Club is not for sale
  • Banking system the cause of delays to employee wages last weekend
  • Leam Richardson signs new three-year contract

Wigan Athletic Chief Executive, Malachy Brannigan, responds to varying news articles over the last couple of days…

The primary message that I want to convey is to assure the Club’s staff, its supporters and its business partners that, despite the recent media opinion, the current and future financial health of Wigan Athletic is strong and very secure, and I can confirm that the Club is not up for sale. 

Speculation over clubs being for sale is always rife, and while some potential purchasers have approached the Ownership group on a number of occasions since its acquisition of Wigan Athletic in March 2021, no approaches have ever been entertained. 

........................To his credit our good friend Mike Keegan is persistent and his response in the Daily Mail a few days ago which i have not seen mentioned on this thread is below  ........................

After Sportsmail revealed that Wigan had once again failed to pay their players’ wages on time, the club released a statement declaring all was well. With the Queen’s Jubilee and ‘technical issues’ used on two previous occasions, this time it was apparently a ‘banking issue’ behind the delay. 

Chief executive Mal Brannigan, he of ‘What can we do to keep this out of the paper?’ fame, added that contrary to Sportsmail’s reports, the club were not up for sale. This may well be news to third parties who believe they have been given a mandate to sell the club, and who have so far reported ‘zero interest’. Such brazen behaviour appears to be commonplace at the DW Stadium. 

........................ Hopefully more twists and turns to come to keep us entertained 

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Awful human being, but too good a player for Wigan.

I don’t think he’s good enough for that level anymore. In fact most of their players aren’t Championship standard, and very few have a re-sale value.

Not looking good for them. Oh well.

1 hour ago, Benny The Ball said:

Following Mike Keegans article in the Daily Mail a couple of weeks ago when wages were paid late and he claimed the club was for sale, the Wigan Chief Executive put out a statement (part of which is below ) refuting the suggestion that the club was for sale and hoping to reassure fans and put an end to the speculation  

WIGAN ATHLETIC CHIEF EXECUTIVE, MALACHY BRANNIGAN, PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING UPDATE TO SUPPORTERS

• Club is not for sale
  • Banking system the cause of delays to employee wages last weekend
  • Leam Richardson signs new three-year contract

Wigan Athletic Chief Executive, Malachy Brannigan, responds to varying news articles over the last couple of days…

The primary message that I want to convey is to assure the Club’s staff, its supporters and its business partners that, despite the recent media opinion, the current and future financial health of Wigan Athletic is strong and very secure, and I can confirm that the Club is not up for sale. 

Speculation over clubs being for sale is always rife, and while some potential purchasers have approached the Ownership group on a number of occasions since its acquisition of Wigan Athletic in March 2021, no approaches have ever been entertained. 

........................To his credit our good friend Mike Keegan is persistent and his response in the Daily Mail a few days ago which i have not seen mentioned on this thread is below  ........................

After Sportsmail revealed that Wigan had once again failed to pay their players’ wages on time, the club released a statement declaring all was well. With the Queen’s Jubilee and ‘technical issues’ used on two previous occasions, this time it was apparently a ‘banking issue’ behind the delay. 

Chief executive Mal Brannigan, he of ‘What can we do to keep this out of the paper?’ fame, added that contrary to Sportsmail’s reports, the club were not up for sale. This may well be news to third parties who believe they have been given a mandate to sell the club, and who have so far reported ‘zero interest’. Such brazen behaviour appears to be commonplace at the DW Stadium. 

........................ Hopefully more twists and turns to come to keep us entertained 

3 year contract for Richardson... piss funny that gonna need paying up soon with 5 defeats on the bounce and fans turning.... fucking love it.