Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

11 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Looked like another piss poor crowd as well last night !

Just over 10k with 1.5k Stoke was official crowd.

Looks like plenty of ST Holders sacked it off last night though.

Being all on one tier doesn't help them at all. Otherwise they could close the upper tiers.

They keep getting lucky. But one day's it's all going to go sour. They have a nasty habit of being able to put off the inevitable and the new ownership is the latest delay. 

We'll be above them again in the pyramid at some point. We've got several gears to go through as a club and their support base and set up is in top gear trying to retain Championship status.

Being above them is one thing. Having the chance to give them a couple of really good hammerings along the way is another. That relies on circumstance and serendipity. I hope it happens. The day when we get these cunts by the scruff of the proverbial neck will be a good one.

7 hours ago, peebles said:

Just over 10k with 1.5k Stoke was official crowd.

Looks like plenty of ST Holders sacked it off last night though.

Being all on one tier doesn't help them at all. Otherwise they could close the upper tiers.

They could always close 2 of the stands instead.

Better still, close the fucking lot & send the bulldozers in.

11 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

They could always close 2 of the stands instead.

Better still, close the fucking lot & send the bulldozers in.

Ha ha yeah. Stand opposite the away end has about 2 dozen in it. Cushy number on the turnstiles there.

18 minutes ago, L/H White said:

blackpool, huddersfield & wigan, few decent local aways next season for us

That would make another year in League One more palatable.

Watched the Wigan game last night. They were soundly beaten by a side near them in the League.

45 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Aye, remember it as he sat against the the post all half time 

What was the reason for him not going off?

Southall’s ‘selfish’ comments concerned the incident on the opening day of the 1990-91 season, when at half-time, with Everton 2-0 down to Leeds at Goodison Park, he sat against his woodwork rather than spending the break in the dressing room listening to manager Colin Harvey.

This was every bit the sensation then that it would be today. It is something everyone recalls about Southall, which he says is ‘not unfair. I did it’.

‘I was seen as different. Some thought that, others thought I was just stupid. I wasn’t.

‘That day people said I was bonkers, that I wanted a transfer. I thought I’d had a s*** first half and I just wanted to clear my head, that’s all. I’d done it before, though I’ve only ever found one person who remembers. It was at Plough Lane — the dressing room there was boiling and they put 52 sugars in the tea.