Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Richardson gone!! 

Weren’t they naming a stand after him (sure I even read something about a statue) last season?

They’re a basket case. Never trust an owner that puts everything on twitter - Villa found out that it’s often all just a show to cover for the lack of substance. It will all come tumbling down - they might have had some short term success post admin, as he went all in, but in the longer term I’d much rather our approach with sensible owners. It really wouldn’t surprise me if in 5 years we are in the championship as an established stable club, and they’re in league 2 after more admin trouble and having to shed yet more overpaid players with little sell on value.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Richardson gone!! 

Am amazed - setting aside recent results which have been awful 

It really makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes at that club - why oh why did they sign him up on a new 3 year contract just a couple of weeks ago ?

Very odd situation 

Just now, Benny The Ball said:

Am amazed - setting aside recent results which have been awful 

It really makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes at that club - why oh why did they sign him up on a new 3 year contract just a couple of weeks ago ?

Very odd situation 

It’s great to see though. 🤣

One week before a close down fer't World Cup thingy.

Why not wait a few days ? Gotta think they have someone lined up. But the 'wait a couple of days' remains.

1 point from the last 21 is very poor form but some people have unrealistic expectations.

I reckon the final straw will be that he told McLean to wear a poppy shirt this weekend. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Weren’t they naming a stand after him (sure I even read something about a statue) last season?

They’re a basket case. Never trust an owner that puts everything on twitter - Villa found out that it’s often all just a show to cover for the lack of substance. It will all come tumbling down - they might have had some short term success post admin, as he went all in, but in the longer term I’d much rather our approach with sensible owners. It really wouldn’t surprise me if in 5 years we are in the championship as an established stable club, and they’re in league 2 after more admin trouble and having to shed yet more overpaid players with little sell on value.

I think they did that in the summer

1 hour ago, JimmyRiddle said:

As much as I detest Wigan, I have always thought LR came across very well.

Agreed, he did a good job for them & came across as a decent bloke.......on the plus side, he should get a belting pay out hopefully out of the playing side's budget & I doubt they'll get anyone better.

I don't understand why they offered him a new contract when all the signs are that they are struggling financially and players are not being paid on time? I'm convinced that despite them witnessing what happened to us and Bury they've overstretched themselves and as we found out with Wheats etc players eventually draw the line at not being paid. Definitely something brewing at Wigan.