Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

4 hours ago, Zico said:

am sure I read on here it was a bolton fan who's got a mate who works in their ticket office, or something

(which is probably made up to wind wigan fans up)

Think that’s made up tbh as the ticket office tends to be the last place to find these things out. There may have been some truth in it in the past though 👀 

4 hours ago, Zico said:

am sure I read on here it was a bolton fan who's got a mate who works in their ticket office, or something

(which is probably made up to wind wigan fans up)

Working in the Wigan Athletic ticket office. Christ that must be one of the cushiest numbers on earth. Peak working would be selling two tickets in the same hour.

Just had a nosey on their forum to see who they were hoping to get as new manager.

1 of the opening posts listed former Championship managers as possibles; Valerian (Barnsley), Wagner (Huddersfield) and Critchley (Blackpool), who have all done well apparently albeit with "smaller" clubs.

Deluded doesn't come close.

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Just had a nosey on their forum to see who they were hoping to get as new manager.

1 of the opening posts listed former Championship managers as possibles; Valerian (Barnsley), Wagner (Huddersfield) and Critchley (Blackpool), who have all done well apparently albeit with "smaller" clubs.

All three are much larger than Wigan. Neither of Huddersfield or Barnsley are tinpot and although Blackpool are they're a more respectable, antique variety of tinpot than Wiggin. I still hope the tinpot new v tinpot old derby fixture today ends in a drab 0-0 draw and leaves the pair floundering. It'd be the ideal outcome for us Blackpool loathing old uns and the Wigan hating yoof.

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Managers, at non-elite level, come in two types.

Those in work and those looking for work.

Sadly those looking for work are often non-too selective. There'll be loads of applications from no-marks despite the club being broke, piles of extremely average, extremely over-paid players on their books, almost no fan base and seemingly adrift.

Of those in work, I guess a few will be at clubs even smaller, even more precarious, at lower levels.

I love how club's fans see stealing a good manager from another club because their club is a much bigger draw is going to pose no difficulty whatsoever. 

It remains to be seen whether Richardson walked, or was pushed. If pushed, clubs have normally lined someone up already. If he walked he may already have an alternative club to go to. Announcements may be held up as other clubs manoeuvre, a bit like a house-buying chain.

Reading a Wigan site the fans seem to have fallen out of love with him. 

I suspect Appleton may fancy it, but despite a decent reputation he fails more often than he succeeds.

I live and work in a Wigan so I know a few tics they are all deluded and some of the names they are coming up with his laughable . 
The rumour is Richardson question the owners regarding funding as they put the blocks on buying players he wanted in pre/season and only allowed him to loan players or free transfers.

After the Stoke game he again asked about funds in January and was refused and he had a fallout with the owners and board . 
That’s the rumour atm! 

20 hours ago, Rizlar said:

I live and work in a Wigan so I know a few tics they are all deluded and some of the names they are coming up with his laughable . 
The rumour is Richardson question the owners regarding funding as they put the blocks on buying players he wanted in pre/season and only allowed him to loan players or free transfers.

After the Stoke game he again asked about funds in January and was refused and he had a fallout with the owners and board . 
That’s the rumour atm! 

Interesting as when I read the official statement it didn’t read that they’d potted him.

Looks like something is afoot with them.