Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

In my kid hood the accents, simply around Horwich, were very soevific & easily identified.

Going into Westhoughton, Adlington, Aspull ... maybe 3 miles away, even Blackrod was to go into a totally different set of dialogues. To go to Wigan, Chorley or Bolton meant no lack of understanding but genuinely new ways of speaking.

Going to school in Astley Bridge  where pupils came from Bury, Ramsbottom, Radcliffe, Farnworth and alll those areas of Bolton was a whole new set of variations.

I still couldn't say where Darcy Lever, Rumworth, Tonge Fold, Harper Green etc. are.

Due to cars, commuting, more moving about, TV, radio etc. these fine distinctions are far fewer now.

Darcy Lever- Last bastion of Breightmet before Little Lever.

Rumworth-Top end of Daubhill/Deane taking in Morris Green.

Tonge Fold- Basically Bury Road until it reaches Breightmet.

Harper Green- Flower estate, Farnworth.

• 1 month later...

Non of them are on Toure’s back yet all the players seem to get getting it along with the owner who’s been MIA since August. They’re hoping / expecting a big transfer window. It’s all going very sour 

that fella made a mistake in thinking when they went up they’d sell a ton more season tickets. Think he’s quickly realised he’s bought the worst club for trying to scale up 

6 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Non of them are on Toure’s back yet all the players seem to get getting it along with the owner who’s been MIA since August. They’re hoping / expecting a big transfer window. It’s all going very sour 

that fella made a mistake in thinking when they went up they’d sell a ton more season tickets. Think he’s quickly realised he’s bought the worst club for trying to scale up 

Silly Egyptian twat! Loving following the meltdown on twitter. 🤣

• Site Supporter

Thing with them buffoons, over the last decade or so on the slide, they always had a decent back up - still decent players, manager, youth set up, assets etc.

All that has gone now. Ageing squad a manager with no league experience and an owner who knows he's dropped a bollock.

I'd rather this was happening at Ewood but I'll take it