Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

This tinpot thread really needs to die. You just know there's going to be a video of Bolton yoof doing something equally pathetic at some point.

The video wasn’t Wigan Yoof it was Wigan Kindergarten 

I like how at the end there's a bird laughing helplessly. It could just have been one of the Blackburn crones stirring the pot and displaying her three remaining teeth while cackling away as she normally would of an evening. However it was probably helpless laughter at the scene unfolding as the glorious tics sought to hob-nob with the locals.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, fellman said:

The guy who threw the crackers is a 40 odd year old bloke who should know better than act like a twat.  What the fuck he’s doing with those kids I have no idea ,

I’d have given you mid-20s but 40 odd would be stretching it a tad. That said, he’s certainly old enough to know he’s acting the prick.

53 minutes ago, L/H White said:

27 pages of wigan

still not our main rivals?

i can't find the united thread

Wigan our main rivals? I thought they were only formed last year?

Half those who died in the Burnden disaster were from the Wigan area on account of Wigan being mainly Wanderers fans and United haven't considered us as rivals since gawd knows when. Bury don't exist so surely it's still Rovers? I suppose they're a lot nearer since we moved to Horwich.

Edited by Wanderlust

Rovers don’t give a monkeys about us their only rivals are Burnley. Surely it’s Preston we’ve moved closer to but their main rivals are still Blackpool. As for Wigan, like it or not they’re our closest rivals and probably should be seen as the new Bury, a little cub with few fans who will find their true level in L2 soon, if their poxy owners don’t administrate them out of existence first? 😉

44 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Rovers don’t give a monkeys about us their only rivals are Burnley. Surely it’s Preston we’ve moved closer to but their main rivals are still Blackpool. As for Wigan, like it or not they’re our closest rivals and probably should be seen as the new Bury, a little cub with few fans who will find their true level in L2 soon, if their poxy owners don’t administrate them out of existence first? 😉

That's because they cannot live with us... small town Burnley more their bag. 

Wigan will be happier with the point but it could've come at a very heavy cost. 2 defenders brought in to steady the ship limp off (impressive Kelly looked in a bad way), so they're back to their original defence and window closed. They still have a shout for staying up though, as not too far away and all that bottom 6 look awful. 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, peebles said:

Wigan will be happier with the point but it could've come at a very heavy cost. 2 defenders brought in to steady the ship limp off (impressive Kelly looked in a bad way), so they're back to their original defence and window closed. They still have a shout for staying up though, as not too far away and all that bottom 6 look awful. 

But we live in hope.

20 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

No its not about rivalry

this is the Wanderersways version of the doomsday clock 

We're just marking time till history repeats itself 

and it will 

PFAWvPc.jpg

Wigan Borough though were a different club to Athletic. Ended up in the Lancashire Combination. They played at Springfield Park. Folded due to no money & psiss poor crowds (ring any bells ?). They were replaced by Athletic who were a 'Phoenix' club, overriding Brough's debts.

A second club in town, Wigan Rovers kicked around the Combination in the 50's & 60's whilst the 'tics were a Cheshire League side.