Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter

From Wigan’s Wiki page

Founded in 1932, they have played at the 25,138-seat DW Stadium since 1999, before which they played at Springfield Park. Their colours are blue and white stripes, although all-blue shirts have been common throughout the club's history. The club regards Bolton Wanderers as its primary derby rival although there is very little reciprocation from Bolton. 

Well, this seems to all check out...

Types of tics

There are many types of tic. Some affect body movement (motor tics) and others result in a sound (vocal or phonic tics).

Examples of tics include:

• blinking, wrinkling the nose or grimacing
  • jerking or banging the head
  • clicking the fingers
  • touching other people or things
  • coughing, grunting or sniffing
  • repeating a sound or phrase – in a small number of cases, this may be something obscene or offensive

10 hours ago, kent_white said:

Am I the only one that thinks referring to yourself as "the tics" conjures up images of lice? 

Old Billinge proverb: The appearance of tics is a sure sign that the landmark moment has arrived to put your Lonsdale tracky bottoms in the washing machine.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

This has popped up on twitter today 

Wigan have issued £8 million of new shares 

No one seems to know at present what its for ? Seems a large amount ?

New investment ?

Reckon a fair wedge of that is to plug their ongoing day to day losses 

9 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

This has popped up on twitter today 

Wigan have issued £8 million of new shares 

No one seems to know at present what its for ? Seems a large amount ?

New investment ?

Reckon a fair wedge of that is to plug their ongoing day to day losses 

Hope they're struggling with finances and crying for investment, fuck em

On 09/02/2023 at 09:59, MickyD said:

From Wigan’s Wiki page

Founded in 1932, they have played at the 25,138-seat DW Stadium since 1999, before which they played at Springfield Park. Their colours are blue and white stripes, although all-blue shirts have been common throughout the club's history. The club regards Bolton Wanderers as its primary derby rival although there is very little reciprocation from Bolton. 

This looks good till you see a 200 page thread about em on here with this.

I view Wigan like i used to view Bury, a small club and a somewhat bitter set of fans who will forever be in BWFC’s shadow, no matter what division we happen to be in..

Admittedly they’ve had bragging rights on the pitch for  a while, but you just know that’s all about to change.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

9 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I view Wigan like i used to view Bury, a small club and a somewhat bitter set of fans who will forever be in BWFC’s shadow, no matter what division we happen to be in..

Admittedly they’ve had bragging rights on the pitch for  a while, but you just know that’s all about to change.

If things go the way we all expect and hope over the next 2-4 years then one of the most satisfying elements will be giving the likes of these (and Blackburn, Blackpool, PNE) a sharp reminder of what they've been missing. There'll be big followings and hopefully success in the derby matches.

Edited by paulhanley

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

This lots next 4 away fixtures are interesting    baggies,Burnley,Watford,the blades.   

Time to flush methinks

It's a good tme for them to play West Bromich but it's nice that they don't have an easy run in. Drawing at home with Birmingham was as wank as drawing at Morecombe and bodes well for a Wigan relegation

Charmed lives over the years, these fckrs. They have a tendancy to wriggle of hooks ... they couldn’t even go bust properly. 

However, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to see a nice gap beginning to open. I won't believe it till it's closer to done though.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

If we don’t go up I hope they stay up. This fixture does nothing for me.

I'd want them in the lowest division possible, wherever we are.  But I'd rather be playing 2 games v Wigan than 2 v Cardiff or Birmingham for eg, personally.  There's a real lack of games with edge to them this season, hoping Blackpool and Huddersfield come down too.

8 hours ago, W.cramp said:

This lots next 4 away fixtures are interesting    baggies,Burnley,Watford,the blades.   

Time to flush methinks

7 aways left, 5 at home.  6 games v top half, 6 v bottom half.  Could do with them being all but down before last 2 v Reading and Rotherham.  

• Members
5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

7 aways left, 5 at home.  6 games v top half, 6 v bottom half.  Could do with them being all but down before last 2 v Reading and Rotherham.  

Please refrain from using '7' in threads which our dear friend Roger is active in.

There's a good chap,

Bad day for them Sat, drawing a very winnable home game with Rotherham & Cardiff winning. On top of those tough away games, they entertain Coventry next Tues who are playing as well as anyone at the moment. Maloney has toughened and tightened them up but they offer very little up front and they need to start winning games now.