Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Hearing staff wages not paid again. Talal put his twitter account on private.Ā 

Staff ? as opposed to players ?

They would face serious consequences if they pay players late again (its happened 3 times in 12 months )Ā 

EFL made them put one months worth of players wages in a separate bank account only a couple of months ago to avoid this happening again .Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Benny The Ball

17 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Staff ? as opposed to players ?

They would face serious consequences if they pay players late again (its happened 3 times in 12 months )Ā 

EFL made them put one months worth of players wages in a separate bank account only a couple of months ago to avoid this happening again .Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s only hearsay at the moment, but think itā€™s just staff. Strange one because theyā€™ve just raised 8 mill with share issue.Ā 

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Itā€™s only hearsay at the moment, but think itā€™s just staff. Strange one because theyā€™ve just raised 8 mill with share issue.Ā 

That Ā£8 million might well be a bit of smoke and mirrorsĀ 

My guess having seen the accounts would be that as the cashflow has required itĀ  the Chairman has put monies in initially as a loanĀ  and then as part of the accounts tidying up they have simply converted what he has put in to date from a directors loan to equity (shares)Ā  , which wipes out his loan but does not in reality put any new cash into the bank.

I might be wrong but seems a strong possibilityĀ Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Benny The Ball

9 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

That Ā£8 million might well be a bit of smoke and mirrorsĀ 

My guess having seen the accounts would be that as the cashflow has required itĀ  the Chairman has put monies in initially as a loanĀ  and then as part of the accounts tidying up they have simply converted what he has put in to date from a directors loan to equity (shares)Ā  , which wipes out his loan but does not in reality put any new cash into the bank.

I might be wrong but seems a strong possibilityĀ Ā 

Ā 

Sounds plausible, all quiet from Kendrick so letā€™s wait and see.Ā 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just seen that players haven't been paidĀ 

16 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Since peg-leg fucked off it seems the only types interested in buying them are swashbucklers from abroad. Contrast this with FV.

Nonetheless, I still won't believe the turd has flushed until it actually happens.Ā 

Agreed.

Plus it's not fully flushed till they're in the North West Counties, 2nd Division (is three a 3rd Division ??).

5 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Agreed.

Plus it's not fully flushed till they're in the North West Counties, 2nd Division (is three a 3rd Division ??).

I'm torn. Do we want them fired out in to non-league football in short order as a result of bankrupty etc. Or do we want a season where our paths cross and they are weak and vulnerable so we can give them a couple of really good thumpings?Ā 

Anyway, I speak too soon. Let's see what develops next over at tinpot towers

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I'm torn. Do we want them fired out in to non-league football in short order as a result of bankrupty etc. Or do we want a season where our paths cross and they are weak and vulnerable so we can give them a couple of really good thumpings?Ā 

I want to trample them yet and gloat.

Wigan the team donā€™t mean a great deal to me but them tossers who turned up at our gaff when we nearly went bust deserve to hear 5000 of us gloating in their tinpot stadium

56 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

When there are so many potential nothing games throughout the divisions, weā€™d be a whole lot poorer if we didnā€™t play them every now and again. Same as Bury, really. Yes theyā€™re tinpot and yes theyā€™re a bit chippy, but give me 20k+ vs Bury or Latics over Forest Greenā€™s 37 away fans any day of the week.Ā