Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Cant say I’ve missed Bury either. They can keep their non league status for all I care the bitter bastards. I was hoping they’d find a way back but seeing recent clips of their fans, they too can GTF

It's taken years for the rival factions to see sense but finally they've agreed to amalgamate - and now they believe that this is the beginning of the comeback that should have started back in 2019.

Talking to a Wigan cunt at work the other day gloating saying 6 points for them next season when they play us as we are not going up ! I just laughed tried getting hold of him yesterday phone of tick tock knobhead ! 

On 01/05/2023 at 23:18, Rizlar said:

Do they not read what the owner said weeks ago wage bill as to be cut by a third and make better use of the youth teams ffs they are so deluded!! Watch this space because it would not surprise me if the players fail to be paid in the next few months . 

On 02/05/2023 at 15:57, Benny The Ball said:

Presumably if they were to be paid late again - which i have to say i think highly unlikely - it would trigger another points deduction next season  ?

This acquisition has turned into a nightmare for their current owner,  its common knowledge he has tried to sell up but no one is interested, and to offload it  now  he would literally  have to give it away which he does not appear to be able to afford to do.  

Its the perfect unhappy marriage 

Well I have to say to @Rizlar that was a good call - I certainly didn't see it coming !!

Now I cannot see anything but administration for them - even if the wages are paid in the next few days.

The whole club is toxic and damaged beyond repair

That it should happen on the very day that the factions at Bury FC announce their merger and the start of their comeback made it all the more enjoyable 

I still wonder whether these Bahrainians were the ones that Howard used to refer to during our take over talks ?

Edited by Benny The Ball

9 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Well I have to say to @Rizlar that was a good call - I certainly didn't see it coming !!

Now I cannot see anything but administration for them - even if the wages are paid in the next few days.

The whole club is toxic and damaged beyond repair

That it should happen on the very day that the factions at Bury FC announce their merger and the start of their comeback made it all the more enjoyable 

I still wonder whether these Bahrainians were the ones that Howard used to refer to during our take over talks ?

When they said they had sold a house to help to fund a club that was a red flag for me total bull shit got to agree admin looks likely now . 

• Site Supporter

When our own takeover was happening and there were supposedly a wealthy party after us, the Mrs asked who I wanted to take over.

FV the answer, admittedly more because of the Michael James connection. I wanted stability, proper business people and not somebodies toy.

They are an old basket case. Tick tock

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Why pay staff ?   Let me put a positive spin on it & my apologies.

1. Most staff will have very domestic salaries, whereas any senior player will have comfortable income. So players can cope ... Joe Mintball in the ground staff, less so.

2. Players ALWAYS, eventually get what they're owed. 'Football debts' are given precedence even (& I've never understood this) over the Inland Revenue. So any inconvenience will be temporary.

3. I guess players wages dwarf staff wages.

BUT ... this is, I think, the 5th month out of 10 players haven't been paid on time. They've been warned, they've had a suspended points deduction, they've had an actual 3pt deduction, further deductions will follow. 6, 9 or 12 pts I suppose. This will certainly now be applied next season. If they go into formal admin.  another -12 will be added to their total for August. Maybe -18 to -24 on day 1.

It's also another failure to have complied with the order to have a clear month's salaries bow-waving their finances. Second time. More points away ?

They could easily fold altogether. The club will be required to show they have sufficient funds to complete the season or they won't be allowed to start it. It's a poor base to take the club over (as we know all too well). After lying to the EFL continuously and on two fronts, there'll be no leeway given this time.

Now, & I'm on a roll here ... probably just fantasy, what would be really funny ... would that exit save Hartlepool ? Would that shuffle along the leagues. Would the L2 runners-up take their place in L1 ?  Could it be BOTH L2 play-off finalists go up ? 

When shakers went bust they just didn't relegate a team from the division

• Moderators

Can someone with a Wigan login go on their forums and post that picture/tweet of their fans who went to our ground for a photo when we went down, saying they hope we dissolve? 

If anyone can find the tweet I'll be retweeting too 

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

True, though creditors normally get some return ... & that mysterious 'footballing debts take precedence' thing still hovers.

Again as we found, all players will soon be able to call time on their contracts too. The better ones will be off like a shot. No-one with any options will sign. Transfer embargoes, salary limits, squad size limits. Everything we suffered with knows on.

All they'll have to rely on will be their heritage & loyal fan base 😂😂

I'm in Heaven. 

The footballing creditors taking precedence thing ceases to exist if the club is liquidated

They just join the list of unsecured creditors

The future looks bleak for them in the immediate term

25 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Wigan Today understands a number of players – believed to be those contracted beyond this summer – have now been paid.

However, those whose contracts are due to expire at the end of this season are still waiting for their remuneration.

This all rings familiar. Oh dear. 

22 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

"Resources available" - not got a pot to piss in.

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2023/may/06/club-statement-wages/

Putting aside the fact that it is them shitbags the EFL really need to up there game

What happened to them having 125% of the monthly wage bill in a seperate account

There owners are bigger crooks than Anderson

56 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Wigan Today understands a number of players – believed to be those contracted beyond this summer – have now been paid.

However, those whose contracts are due to expire at the end of this season are still waiting for their remuneration.

Now I KNOW this is illegal segregation. 

Those players selectively not paid should decline to play this weekend's match.

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Surely that’s a breach of contract so why should they bother playing again. 
They are well in the shit happy days 😂

15 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

That’s what I picked up on. Not got enough capital to cover the full wage bill

can only piss with the cock they’ve got and it’s barely poking out the kecks hole 

Nothing wrong with that 😁

7 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

True, though creditors normally get some return ... & that mysterious 'footballing debts take precedence' thing still hovers.

Again as we found, all players will soon be able to call time on their contracts too. The better ones will be off like a shot. No-one with any options will sign. Transfer embargoes, salary limits, squad size limits. Everything we suffered with knows on.

All they'll have to rely on will be their heritage & loyal fan base 😂😂

I'm in Heaven. 

I'm in heaven too.

Isn't it fucking ace ?

Fuck the tics

I got a lot of friends who are Latics fans and particularly ex employees. Heck, I was one once upon a time. However, the miraculous recovery of Derby has really fucked me off after the season we had to go through in League One (and having to try and get out of League Two in a pandemic). I would fucking love it if Latics started next season on -15 and had a fucking miserable season and then thought oh shit, got to get out of League Two now. Don’t want them to go bust and I want Bury to get back to some sort of decent level if only because it’s more interesting to play them than FGR, Cheltenham etc, but fucking hell I want someone to suffer for a few years like we had to, and if it falls at their door then jackpot. After all, it’s the hope that kills you.