Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

Aren’t they waiting, or should I say hoping, to get a sell on fee for Robinson? It seems pretty clear that the owners can’t really afford to run the club, or don’t really want to, so maybe they’re stringing it out until the potential Robinson move happens then pocket the money and sell the club, assuming they can find a buyer? If it doesn’t happen though and there’s no sell on to come I think it will just be either Admin or liquidation like Bury?

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

I’ve not enjoyed the demise of anyone or anything as much as this since little Mo twatted Trevor with an iron in eastEnders 

every single minute of the pain and misery their shitty fanbase are going through is joyous. They’ve antagonised, demanded attention, bullied young and old and revelled in our struggles in their pathetic 40 odd years as a football league club

i hope every single ‘tic’ in that cesspit of a shit hole town get their comeuppance and their tin pot club is ground in to the dust. 

wankers to a man. 

Post of the year sir 👏👏👏👏👏

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, batton carrier said:

I live in Wigan almost all of the population don't care about the "tics" ,most are rags or bin dippers. Those that are "tics"are fucking vile young or old they are obsessed with us . #prayforWigan  pray they fucking fold

Got one bloke in particular in my local, fucking despises us & was full of bile in our darkest hour. I saw him for the first time in ages on Saturday & he couldn't even look at me, just scuttled off to the other end of the pub 😁

It looks like at least one of their (little) lot understands what is going on.

🙏 let it be!

charlz54

Vital Squad Member
20 minutes ago
For what it's worth and I may be well off the mark, I think the owners will wait until the transfer window opens and there will then be a fire sale to sell everything they can to offset the debt they have incurred. Then, they will put us into administration.........no one will want to buy a club in our situation so we will then be liquidated. Fantastic.....

26 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

It looks like at least one of their (little) lot understands what is going on.

🙏 let it be!

Sounds like it. They are being vocal on what they’ve pumped in. Sounds like they want a bit back. 

31 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Nobody's paying much for over paid and ageing players from a skint club. They'd better hope there's some decent kids who can command decent poke. Not sure whether they have them or not.

Never mind hey

I think the only saleable youngster they have is Hughes who we may possibly be interested in ourselves?

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, tomski said:

Not sure a precedence has been set for further deductions. I suppose something is going to happen soon enough as it’s clear even if they sort this month then it will continue next month.

And the real beauty is, they have another June payday lingering yet.

WIth both Bury and it's looking like Wigan heading the same way, the management should perhaps look at trying to make Bolton the natual choice for their former fans, Imagine the difference an extra few thousand fans could make to the books.

1 minute ago, Zog1 said:

WIth both Bury and it's looking like Wigan heading the same way, the management should perhaps look at trying to make Bolton the natual choice for their former fans, Imagine the difference an extra few thousand fans could make to the books.

Was told many moons back we had 1k floaters between us and Wigan. Probably from Chorley and those types of areas.

11 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

Thanks but no thanks.

32 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

Are you on glue?

Usually excitement in a Summer comes from transfer dealings. Watching the circus down the road is promising to be a real bonus feature of this close season. 

They've been so f***ing lucky over the past 25 years. Whelan, new owners, new owners again. During that time they've often been in the right place at the right time to get one over on us on the pitch at levels of English football they'd never have reached on their own merits/size of the club. Sheer unadulterated and unmerited luck.

It feels like their fortune has run out at long, long last. But such has been their "cat with nine lives" nature since peg-leg buggered off that it's genuinely hard to believe there's not going to be another serendipitous twist for them.

We await Evatt's transfer dealings eagerly - that's the big job. However watching this shower sink ever more irrevocably in to the mire is hopefully going to become a weekly delight as June and July progress and 23/4 draws closer. Jelly and ice cream after the main course.

Here comes the Summer. #believe

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Usually excitement in a Summer comes from transfer dealings. Watching the circus down the road is promising to be a real bonus feature of this close season. 

They've been so f***ing lucky over the past 25 years. Whelan, new owners, new owners again. During that time they've often been in the right place at the right time to get one over on us on the pitch at levels of English football they'd never have reached on their own merits/size of the club. Sheer unadulterated and unmerited luck.

It feels like their fortune has run out at long, long last. But such has been their "cat with nine lives" nature since peg-leg buggered off that it's genuinely hard to believe there's not going to be another serendipitous twist for them.

We await Evatt's transfer dealings eagerly - that's the big job. However watching this shower sink ever more irrevocably in to the mire is hopefully going to become a weekly delight as June and July progress and 23/4 draws closer. Jelly and ice cream after the main course.

Here comes the Summer. #believe

Do you know, I've often wondered how Blackpool (Oystons n this fella), Rovers (Walker n pluckers), Wigan - too many to mention, got lucky and we've nearly been bust 3 times since the 80s and only had Eddie with any money.

I really hope we continue running sustainable for a while yet. Build our transfer pot with cup runs etc.

Life is ace as a Wanderer

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Do you know, I've often wondered how Blackpool (Oystons n this fella), Rovers (Walker n pluckers), Wigan - too many to mention, got lucky and we've nearly been bust 3 times since the 80s and only had Eddie with any money.

I really hope we continue running sustainable for a while yet. Build our transfer pot with cup runs etc.

Life is ace as a Wanderer

Interesting take that. Blackpool was a complete fluke or that’s how i remember it. Blackburn, those Venkys seem the best, worst owners ever. Thrown tonnes at it. Wigan had whelan but since has been a car crash.

Us since I was born and have followed the whites we’ve had ownership problems from 80s on. I genuinely believe MJ is the first we have had that isn’t self serving and if he makes a nice profit further down the line then I could not be any happier for him. We were a busted flush and his good news would tie in with our good news.