Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Interesting take that. Blackpool was a complete fluke or that’s how i remember it. Blackburn, those Venkys seem the best, worst owners ever. Thrown tonnes at it. Wigan had whelan but since has been a car crash.

Us since I was born and have followed the whites we’ve had ownership problems from 80s on. I genuinely believe MJ is the first we have had that isn’t self serving and if he makes a nice profit further down the line then I could not be any happier for him. We were a busted flush and his good news would tie in with our good news.

I wouldn't trade our rollercoster for anything. The highs are incredible. The lows....well, let's leave it there

6 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I wouldn't trade our rollercoster for anything. The highs are incredible. The lows....well, let's leave it there

Hahaha I sell it like you. I do wonder though if we say it as it’s all we have to say.

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

A fair point

I wouldn't mind experiencing a lengthy spell of the kind of boring domination City are currently going through 🙂

See I think it would be boring. Though I’d like to give it a shot😂

• Site Supporter

I'd hate it. As much as we aspire to be the best, I couldn't stand being the top dogs.

Many will remember the 'shut up Ryan' sky advert with the City lad on the coach? He's a mate of mine, used to go all over watching City. Couldn't be arsed with 8pm Mondays, 4pm Sundays etc. Became a massive follower of The Blosdoms instead because their dates were set in stone

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't agree there mate.

Would love to be the top dog. Might not last forever, but so what.

Better to have loved and lost, and all that.

Honestly, I've loved the climb back in the 90s and again the last 2 or 3 years more than the prem/Europe days.

Each to their own, no scouser has seen there team score a last minute winner at Crewe and celebrate like we did.

I don't love being shit, but it really means the bollocks when we eventually aren't shit and you see these kids who have done the hard yards in Bulgaria.

We are what we are

41 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't agree there mate.

Would love to be the top dog. Might not last forever, but so what.

Better to have loved and lost, and all that.

Agree . Would love to see us win something as well that actually counts just the once . Qualifying for Europe was the next best thing .

League cup final twice missed out  and the Meg’son putting the reserves out in Portugal when we were in with a great chance of winning it 

Edited by Farnywhite

2 hours ago, desperado said:

@Zog1

Is he;

1/ A Wigan lurker

2/ A Bitter Bury fan

3/ One of those strange Bolton fans who pop up every now and then 

I had an account on here ages ago but been busy with life, I so forgot it and made a new one.

I'm Bolton born and bred straight outta Breightmet, and Red Lane.

Not sure if strange is the right word, my position means that i tend to focus on things most normal fans wouldnt even think about.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Zog1 said:

I had an account on here ages ago but been busy with life, I so forgot it and made a new one.

Not sure if strange is the right word, my position means that i tend to focus on things most normal fans wouldnt even think about.

I’ll take your word for it and watch your stint on here with interest.

Setting up an account Wednesday, posting on the challengers thread for next season with criticism and crazy suggestions about getting rid of all our players. And then the only other thread you’ve commented upon is the Wigan one where you’ve suggested we poach their fans….

Not the best of starts, but we’ll see…

4 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

That’s fair enough .
And if you are a Wigan fan your probably better off jumping ship before it sinks 😄

59 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Honestly, I've loved the climb back in the 90s and again the last 2 or 3 years more than the prem/Europe days.

Each to their own, no scouser has seen there team score a last minute winner at Crewe and celebrate like we did.

I don't love being shit, but it really means the bollocks when we eventually aren't shit and you see these kids who have done the hard yards in Bulgaria.

We are what we are

100% with ya big D....I was lucky enough that my mate dragged me down to Bolton v briz city in 97/98 season when we really catapulted upwards (until then I was football homeless, me dad ain't a fan and I semi followed Newcastle cos my dad was based up there with work, and Faustino Asprilla was the best thing I'd ever seen) 

Well anyway, rode a massive high for 10 years, and then 7/8 years of dog shit.....which I could accept as I'd been spoilt. Started taking my two lads camped in the north stand pre covid, they lost interest quick, not winning most weeks, poor performances and so on......one of them stopped going, then covid.... came back, relocated to nob head corner....a few wins....they started getting the bug....and then a couple of years back, they did their first away, 0-1 at Shrewsbury, that banger from Dion in the last minute.....they'd never seen limbs like it!! Now they're heavily invested , can't miss a game, the young un takes it harsh if we lose.... And they deserved thats Shrewsbury moment for years in the doldrums and just about sticking with it.... So yeah that's a long winded way of saying I agree with u, last minute winners at Crewe, shrews, digging out 0-0 at port vale with ten men. PJT final. Pure icing. To be honest that was my first wembley/ millennium win Id seen, saw all the losses but missed the 3-0 Preston. I got as much joy out of all said wins / draws above than I did watching us clog arsenal every season 🤣

27 minutes ago, desperado said:

I’ll take your word for it and watch your stint on here with interest.

Setting up an account Wednesday, posting on the challengers thread for next season with criticism and crazy suggestions about getting rid of all our players. And then the only other thread you’ve commented upon is the Wigan one where you’ve suggested we poach their fans….

Not the best of starts, but we’ll see…

It's not a crazy suggestion, and for one it wasn't "all", just a big chunk of our current first time, it's logical one for the reasons i set out. Hell if the pie muchers did get rescued and started league 1 right now they have a better squad than us. Most of our current lot just aren't good enough. Getting promoted is hard.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'd hate it. As much as we aspire to be the best, I couldn't stand being the top dogs.

Many will remember the 'shut up Ryan' sky advert with the City lad on the coach? He's a mate of mine, used to go all over watching City. Couldn't be arsed with 8pm Mondays, 4pm Sundays etc. Became a massive follower of The Blosdoms instead because their dates were set in stone

I'm with you, brother. Success and failure are relative. City fans have won everything apart from the big one. Us losing to Barnsley in the playoff semi hurts just as much to us as City fans losing to RM in last seasons CL semi. Our aspirations are lengthy and mostly unreachable. But you never know, and that makes the ride far better. 

• Moderators

I was in Bury today and it was fucking full of Mancs watching the cup final. Mainly blue. That's who the kids in Bury are following now, which is understandable as you can get a tram to both grounds and ours is fucking miles away.

1 minute ago, Underpants said:

@Zog1 if Bolton had gone tits up would you support Wigan? Or any other club for that matter? I know I wouldn't. Football would have ceased to be if Bolton went.

Me n me mate had this conversation and we concluded it could only be Elche in Spain as he's an apartment near there. Or Ajax, for the obvious. 

Would anyone have had a genuine passion for a "phoenix club" don't think I would have 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I was in Bury today and it was fucking full of Mancs watching the cup final. Mainly blue. That's who the kids in Bury are following now, which is understandable as you can get a tram to both grounds and ours is fucking miles away.

I was in pre noon doing a bit of shopping

I counted

8 red, 2 blue

15 minutes ago, Underpants said:

@Zog1 if Bolton had gone tits up would you support Wigan? Or any other club for that matter? I know I wouldn't. Football would have ceased to be if Bolton went.

I'd watch games on TV with a detached air of couldn't-give-a-shit-ness.

You don't start again with another club.

11 minutes ago, Underpants said:

That's the case for you and maybe 90% of fans but it doesn't mean it's the case for everyone and if we can pick some of that 10% is it not worth it?

Also keep in mind FV had a 3/4 year plan to get to the Championship and to then seek further investment or sell entirely, if we dont make it to the Championship this time will they pull they plug? I don't know but they might.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

That's the case for you and maybe 90% of fans but it doesn't mean it's the case for everyone and if we can pick some of that 10% is it not worth it?

Also keep in mind FV had a 3/4 year plan to get to the Championship and to then seek further investment or sell entirely, if we dont make it to the Championship this time will they pull they plug? I don't know but they might.

Theyre already seeking and getting investment

MJ is going nowhere and SB is getting far more out of football than she dared dream, imo

1 minute ago, Zog1 said:

90%? I would say more. When you invest financially and emotionally in a club for as long as I have then swapping to another club is impossible. No sense of community and belonging with a club you have no attachment with. Like I said, if BWFC went under I would have fooked football off.