Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

6 hours ago, Zog1 said:

WIth both Bury and it's looking like Wigan heading the same way, the management should perhaps look at trying to make Bolton the natual choice for their former fans, Imagine the difference an extra few thousand fans could make to the books.

Is the point where you say get to fuck

Well I’m too old and too much a dyed in the wool Wanderer to ever even consider supporting another club if Wanderers went but being half Scots I’d probably follow my Scottish family’s team Dunfermline. Other than that if my granddaughter who is becoming increasingly interested in football started supporting a local team, say Barnsley or Rotherham I’d probably take her but it would still never work for me. Mind you I’m working on her to become a Wanderer too although I’m wondering if it’s fair to lumber the child at 6 years old with that mantle??

9 minutes ago, Zico said:

If Bolton went bust I wouldn't go watching anyone else, no chance, I'd just watch matches on TV and hope that every one loses, and goes bust as well

This sums my thoughts up when it looked like we well might have disappeared.

Wankers asking me who I'd support. Fckg nobody pal, that's who.

1 hour ago, Underpants said:

@Zog1 if Bolton had gone tits up would you support Wigan? Or any other club for that matter? I know I wouldn't. Football would have ceased to be if Bolton went.

In fairness he does have a point to a certain extent. Not with current fans as that’s never going to happen, but 5-10 years of Latics being non existent of back in non league and the next generation of football fans in the borderlands of Aspull, Hindley and the like would naturally start heading our way. 

7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In fairness he does have a point to a certain extent. Not with current fans as that’s never going to happen, but 5-10 years of Latics being non existent of back in non league and the next generation of football fans in the borderlands of Aspull, Hindley and the like would naturally start heading our way. 

Already lots of Whites in Aspull & Hindley, but like you say their numbers would likely increase over the years if the Tic’s went Tit’s.

Nowt significant though.

8 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Well I’m too old and too much a dyed in the wool Wanderer to ever even consider supporting another club if Wanderers went but being half Scots I’d probably follow my Scottish family’s team Dunfermline. Other than that if my granddaughter who is becoming increasingly interested in football started supporting a local team, say Barnsley or Rotherham I’d probably take her but it would still never work for me. Mind you I’m working on her to become a Wanderer too although I’m wondering if it’s fair to lumber the child at 6 years old with that mantle??

I started taking my step lad to games from about that age. Living in Leeds there were other more local options. He is 24 now and loves it. You need to start the brain washing early. 

10 hours ago, Zog1 said:

I had an account on here ages ago but been busy with life, I so forgot it and made a new one.

I'm Bolton born and bred straight outta Breightmet, and Red Lane.

Not sure if strange is the right word, my position means that i tend to focus on things most normal fans wouldnt even think about.

I assume you have a Masters in Business Analytics and six years experience in business ?

30 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

So have the players not been paid and as the promised payment not materialised !

Senior Players still haven’t been paid last i heard, but all non playing staff & under 23’s got paid on Friday apparently.

Further EFL points deduction imminent.

I wouldn’t support anyone else.

To be honest, Bolton aside, I don’t particularly enjoy modern football.

Playacting/cheating, call it what you will, VAR and obscene wages are all conspiring to kill the game and I can’t be arsed with it.

I didn’t even watch the Cup Final and haven’t for many years.

13 minutes ago, Traf said:

Playacting/cheating, call it what you will, VAR and obscene wages are all conspiring to kill the game and I can’t be arsed with it.

Same ish.

Went to watch Chorley a coupla times when we were failing to play our fixtures. 
Enjoyed it, but not quite the same.

14 minutes ago, Traf said:

Exactly where I'm at, i bet i couldn't name a single player for wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth, etc.

I wouldn't even know half of the premier league managers these days.,🤔

24 minutes ago, Traf said:

I felt the same way yesterday. I couldn't even muster the energy to hope City would win at United's expense. 

Sometimes I think that Super League idea isn't the worst idea in the world. Let all the plastic fans watch their favourite franchise from the comfort of their front rooms every week - and leave a league behind that was competitive for normal football fans. 

I don't even get wound up by 'rivalries' with teams like United and City anymore. It's almost like they stopped actually being United and City a decade ago. Football is the opiate of the masses nowadays.

41 minutes ago, Traf said:

Even with all the negative things you've mentioned there's an argument to be had that football has never been so popular.

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I felt the same way yesterday. I couldn't even muster the energy to hope City would win at United's expense. 

Sometimes I think that Super League idea isn't the worst idea in the world. Let all the plastic fans watch their favourite franchise from the comfort of their front rooms every week - and leave a league behind that was competitive for normal football fans. 

I don't even get wound up by 'rivalries' with teams like United and City anymore. It's almost like they stopped actually being United and City a decade ago. Football is the opiate of the masses nowadays.

Can very much relate to that. It’s just a bunch of syllables to me when I hear Premier League chat in the office. 

Can't believe there's been no official statement about what's going on, just left them to it. I dipped onto that forum and saw that some are still expecting this all to blow over, everyone forgiven and carry on as normal.

It rings a few bells.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Underpants said:

Even with all the negative things you've mentioned there's an argument to be had that football has never been so popular.

Stock, Aitkin & Waterman were incredibly popular, didn't stop them being the shitest of the shite though. 

For entertainment I just had a look at their forum. 

I know none of us are 100 per cent perfect with syntax, grammar, spelling etc. Standards on their site are appalling however. You wouldn't need to be a pedant to come away wondering what on earth they teach in schools in Wigan.

It's probably a question best left to fester along with their dismal football club.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Can't believe there's been no official statement about what's going on, just left them to it. I dipped onto that forum and saw that some are still expecting this all to blow over, everyone forgiven and carry on as normal.

It rings a few bells.

It's a weekend. You don’t expect them to work weekends, do you ?

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Stock, Aitkin & Waterman were incredibly popular, didn't stop them being the shitest of the shite though. 

Yes, they were popular. But Stock, Aitkin & Warerman were not the music industry. Football is an industry. One of the biggest on the planet.

SA&W were to music what Wrexham are to football.

8 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Football is an industry. One of the biggest on the planet.

It's not, y'know.

It's much talked about, it gets huge media attention, millions of people follow it but look at tje value of a typical club, even big clubs, & the turnovers.

Compare these with Companies, often with low profiles & they barely scratch the surface.