Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

They seem to be placing a lot of faith in the local Council and Lisa Nandy despite them having no influence or control over proceedings whatsoever

I yeah, I remember in 2019 when we were in the shit, going to the supporters trust meeting and the local MP, an Asian lady whose name escapes me, said a few words. It was clear to me she was there for moral support but there wasn’t much else she could do.

37 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I yeah, I remember in 2019 when we were in the shit, going to the supporters trust meeting and the local MP, an Asian lady whose name escapes me, said a few words. It was clear to me she was there for moral support but there wasn’t much else she could do.

To be fair to her she lives in Greenwich & will have wondered where the fck she was.

11 hours ago, Mantra said:

It's funny...

I get the sense that Liverpool fans wouldn't want Everton to die. Nor Newcastle want Sunderland to die. Perhaps even Blackburn and Burnley, Spurs and Arsenal and other established rivalries. There is a hatred but also a sporting element to it.

With Wigan and Bolton -  the combination of the jelly and icecream antics, alongside a tenuous rivalry that for the older generation doesn't really exist, means that 99% of Bolton fans would absolutely love if Wigan died.

There will be a handful of bwfc fans that would argue, 'no club should go through this' and 'it's good to have a rival'. But there is a genuine hatred from a majority Bolton fans to Wigan fans it seems.

Maybe I'm wrong on those other clubs and they'd all love to see their rivals perish forever... but I'm not sure. Also Wigan have, in recent years had the better of us on the pitch and made it a priority of theirs to rub it in as much as possible, with that cunt Mclean leading the charge.

The perfect scenario for me would be we get one last chance to absolutely muller them and show no mercy before never playing them again.

I’m one of those “older” fans mantra who hopes no club goes through what we did and whilst I have no affection at all for Wigan I don’t really want to see them going bust. I’d prefer for them to exist in the lower divisions where they really belong so we can give them the occasional thumping to make up for their success over us in recent times. It would be much more fulfilling to see them struggling and fighting relegation every year and looking across at us and finally realising that they were really always only pretenders anyway.

9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’m one of those “older” fans mantra who hopes no club goes through what we did and whilst I have no affection at all for Wigan I don’t really want to see them going bust. I’d prefer for them to exist in the lower divisions where they really belong so we can give them the occasional thumping to make up for their success over us in recent times. It would be much more fulfilling to see them struggling and fighting relegation every year and looking across at us and finally realising that they were really always only pretenders anyway.

No we want them to do a Bury

8 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Maybe I’m wrong then! The older generation perhaps are generally apathetic towards them.

But I think if you show anyone the jelly and ice cream antics then it would be hard for a BWFC fan not to wish the worst on them…

Someone on their forum said “this is the opposite of what we deserve”, not really sure where they’re getting that from. 
As long as they suffer I’ll be happy 😂

• Site Supporter

We’ve got enough rivals to last us several lifetimes.

We’ll manage happily without these on the radar.

Would be nice to paste them and take 6 points next season, but I’d be just as happy knowing they’ve gone.

be like getting rid of a skin condition you’ve had for too long.

If there’s a yappy little mutt that’s been trying to get your attention for god knows how long by snapping and barking then turns up on your land and pisses all over it and regardless of how much to try to ignore it, it continues then whenever that mutt finally gets put down you’ll rejoice. Simple as that. 

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

people were calling him Bahraini Lee Anderson for ages and I didn’t really #BELIEVE that, but he most definitely is

It's amazing they went all in with him

It seemed pretty obvious from the get go that it was all going to end in tears

Sensible business people just don't act like that

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's amazing they went all in with him

It seemed pretty obvious from the get go that it was all going to end in tears

Sensible business people just don't act like that

That’s the entertaining bit. 

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Maybe I’m wrong then! The older generation perhaps are generally apathetic towards them.

But I think if you show anyone the jelly and ice cream antics then it would be hard for a BWFC fan not to wish the worst on them…

Someone on their forum said “this is the opposite of what we deserve”, not really sure where they’re getting that from. 
As long as they suffer I’ll be happy 😂

I suppose I am apathetic towards them really, I’ve always considered them a lower league side despite them having a moment in the sun in the PL and winning the FA Cup more recently than us. For me it was always going to end in tears and now it looks like it might end period? I suppose you could say they’re destined to go “pop” with either their owner or potential,one?

They've been a Football League club for a piffling 40 years and you have to remember that Wigan was a hotbed of BWFC support prior to that - many of those who died in the Burnden disaster had WIgan and district addresses. Seeing as they've got such a short history and have been heavily funded throughout by that fanatical bloke in the rag trade - a Yorkshireman who developed his hatred of us as a Rovers player - it's no wonder they are so jealous of us and are full of bitterness.

I just think we shouldn't sink so low as to play that game, although their childish taunts are annoying and they need a slap to remind them that they're a commercial enterprise with no history to speak of and the asshole that created them is dead - and with his passing they are slowly realising that they are increasingly less and less of a viable investment opportunity.

When I started supporting the Wanderers, Wigan were in the Lancashire Combination and it would be no skin off my nose if they ended up back there or ceased to exist altogether.

Getting pretty good over there right now!

WE NEED HELP.........PLEASE will someone, anyone who can and loves Wigan and it's people step in and save us before it's too late. Ex players, business people lottery winners !! ANYONE that can........please save us. I really can't imagine what it would be like having no football team to follow. It can't happen ....can it?

16 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

WE NEED HELP.........PLEASE will someone, anyone who can and loves Wigan and it's people step in and save us before it's too late. Ex players, business people lottery winners !! ANYONE that can........please save us. I really can't imagine what it would be like having no football team to follow. It can't happen ....can it?

haha brilliant 

20 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

My heart bleeds. Maybe they should do a dance around a statue to try to please the footballing gods (they're rather good at dancing around statues as I recall) Perhaps though those footballing gods have decided that the "tics" have had quite enough luck as it is this last 25 years. #believe

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Mantra said:

people were calling him Bahraini Lee Anderson for ages and I didn’t really #BELIEVE that, but he most definitely is

What's he seeing in that tweet that I'm not that suggests the owner was more in tune with the fan base than any other other could be