Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

1 minute ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Am I right in believing that only PNE and Everton helped our staff with the food bank when we was in the shit?

Believe so but that was the clubs rather than individual supporters - I think

1 minute ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Am I right in believing that only PNE and Everton helped our staff with the food bank when we was in the shit?

Hate to add this lot but Stretford waved fees we owed for some loans we made from them. No need for them to do.

copied and pasted from p99 of LaticsSpeyk:

The stadium has running costs, and they are quite significant
And apart from the matchday corporate income its never really maximised its potential for various reasons inc the ones mentioned above.

There's a myriad of conversations here, but here's some pointers.

When Whelan sold to the Chinese consortium in approx 2017/18 the stadium was just under 20yrs old, it had no naming rights, had issues with bringing revenue in apart from matchday experience and larger than average outgoings due to pitch issues etc.
But also as it hadn't for the first 18/19yrs been ring fenced as its own business, separate to the clubs, which it then became in effect because previously losses/expenditure were covered by Whealn.
At this point it was discovered to ne losing around 1.5million per year as an independent business, along with it approaching a certain benchmark in the age of the stadium were checks on infrastructure were/are legally required. A large amount of money (well into the millions were/are needed to complete those checks and bring the stadium into the 2020's legally and from a future use/investment perspective).

The Chinese didn't do it, the Bahranis haven't done it, and in fact imo they've made another error in their deal with sodexo were they've sold the rights to the matchday income for a a lump sum of money. This was an early sign to me that the investments some thought were coming from the owners weren't going to happen (not sure on the deal but in exchange for Sodexo updating some stuff inside the stadium and a million pound (guesstimate but I've heard it's something like that) the money from the concourse etc doesn't now belong to WAFC).

So some 5 plus years on the stadium still needs 10/15million spending on it legally and to help it maximise income, its still losing over a million a year as an independent business and one of its largest income stream assets doesn't belong to them.

52 minutes ago, Mantra said:

And apart from the matchday corporate income its never really maximised its potential for various reasons inc the ones mentioned above.

When Whelan sold to the Chinese consortium in approx 2017/18 the stadium was just under 20yrs old, it had no naming rights, had issues with bringing revenue in apart from matchday experience and larger than average outgoings due to pitch issues etc.
But also as it hadn't for the first 18/19yrs been ring fenced as its own business, separate to the clubs, which it then became in effect because previously losses/expenditure were covered by Whealn.
At this point it was discovered to ne losing around 1.5million per year as an independent business, along with it approaching a certain benchmark in the age of the stadium were checks on infrastructure were/are legally required. A large amount of money (well into the millions were/are needed to complete those checks and bring the stadium into the 2020's legally and from a future use/investment perspective).

The Chinese didn't do it, the Bahranis haven't done it, and in fact imo they've made another error in their deal with sodexo were they've sold the rights to the matchday income for a a lump sum of money. This was an early sign to me that the investments some thought were coming from the owners weren't going to happen (not sure on the deal but in exchange for Sodexo updating some stuff inside the stadium and a million pound (guesstimate but I've heard it's something like that) the money from the concourse etc doesn't now belong to WAFC).

So some 5 plus years on the stadium still needs 10/15million spending on it legally and to help it maximise income, its still losing over a million a year as an independent business and one of its largest income stream assets doesn't belong to them.

Flatten it when they go pop. 

It's the only way. 

The first time it all went Pete Tong for them they were doing well under Cook and got stripped off all their main assets so fair enough they were hard done by even though it was lovely to see due to them taking the piss out of us before hand but this time no sympathy at all for them. Gave it the big one to all L1 fans especially Sunderland gloating how they took Wyke/Power off them, amassed a stupidly overpaid squad for this level that they obviously couldn't afford whilst taking the piss out of us for being run properly 😂. Sacked two managers after giving them both long contracts, fount out that trying to compete in the Championship with the fast food method of getting up with an overpaid, ageing squad has only got themselves deducted points, easily relegated, deducted more points in the league you started your ownership in, left in a worse position & on the brink. Hope it was all worth it. 

15 minutes ago, Deanu said:

The first time it all went Pete Tong for them they were doing well under Cook and got stripped off all their main assets so fair enough they were hard done by even though it was lovely to see due to them taking the piss out of us before hand but this time no sympathy at all for them. Gave it the big one to all L1 fans especially Sunderland gloating how they took Wyke/Power off them, amassed a stupidly overpaid squad for this level that they obviously couldn't afford whilst taking the piss out of us for being run properly 😂. Sacked two managers after giving them both long contracts, fount out that trying to compete in the Championship with the fast food method of getting up with an overpaid, ageing squad has only got themselves deducted points, easily relegated, deducted more points in the league you started your ownership in, left in a worse position & on the brink. Hope it was all worth it. 

Not sure why, but Barnsley fans really hate Wigan.

Hardly a local rivalry is it so I suspect it's something to do with dickhead behaviour.

4 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Alan Myers who broke the sale news now saying that three more groups have entered the race from home and abroad and Maloney etc have had a zoom meeting with Al Jasmi to find out what's really happening

Its the reason I want a quick death for them, give them too many 11th hours, and they will find a way to survive.

2 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Hardly a local rivalry is it so I suspect it's something to do with dickhead behaviour.

When Wigan were deducted 12 points for being put into admiunistration, they appealed, as they felt it 'wasn't fair'. Barnsley would have been relegated had they won the appeal. Some nasty words were said about each other.

I think the owners are just fucking the EFL about and time wasting. There is no money to pay wages so they’re coming up with hang on a minute while we sell it bullshit . The EFL are falling for it instead of implementing another points deduction and follow there own rules 

How overdue do these latest wages have to be, before the next points deduction? 

There must come a point when the EFL decide that rather than keep deducting points, they just won't let them start the season.  Can't imagine a Luton type, minus 30 point start to the season be allowed to happen again.

2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

How overdue do these latest wages have to be, before the next points deduction? 

There must come a point when the EFL decide that rather than keep deducting points, they just won't let them start the season.  Can't imagine a Luton type, minus 30 point start to the season be allowed to happen again.

It would be nice for them though wouldn’t it? 40 would be even better!! 😀

23 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

There’s the monthly EFL meeting due tomorrow / Friday where I imagine their case will be discussed. I’d imagine Friday / Monday They’ll be hit with another deduction. 

You’d think they should be but the EFL may give them some latitude given they’re in T/O talks?

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

When Wigan were deducted 12 points for being put into admiunistration, they appealed, as they felt it 'wasn't fair'. Barnsley would have been relegated had they won the appeal. Some nasty words were said about each other.

I knew very little about this Wigan/Barnsley dislike so I went on Barnsleyways. This post gave me a bit of a twinge.

I really dislike their fans. Not quite as bad as Bolton, but not far behind 
The gloated whilst they spent their way to the FA Cup and Europe, all the while bankrolled by a sugar daddy. 
They then tried to exist thinking they still had a sugar daddy, spending money they don't have. And have carried on likewise, despite multiple warnings and deductions.
Pheck 'em.
If I was going to feel sorry for any fans, it would be Bury. No delusions of grandeur yet shat on.
And whilst I am that way out, Salford can pho0k off too. And Newport.

5 hours ago, Mantra said:

Who owns the ground then

So

they don’t own the ground

it needs millions spending on it

sold off match day income 

small fan base

not a lot of assets including players

will lose most of their players 

debts piling up

Its not looking good even if another party comes in

it will at least another five million and then a lot more going forward 

oh dear