Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Ooooh.

What regulations ?

How multiple ?

Why suspended ... & why only till January ?

It can't exactly help their current window, can it ?

The sanction imposed is for failing to adhere to the terms of the Standard Contracts that were in force between the Club and its Players for the late payment of player wages on three separate occasions.

3 hours ago, burnden said:

Wigan Athletic has received a three-point deduction to be suspended until 31 December 2023 after admitting to multiple breaches of EFL Regulations.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/january/efl-statement-wigan-athletic

Is there not a regulation against being tinpot then the EFL can drum that back in to non league football where they belong? 

Let's hope this is another reason for the club ownership to begin losing interest. 

15 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Is there not a regulation against being tinpot then the EFL can drum that back in to non league football where they belong? 

Let's hope this is another reason for the club ownership to begin losing interest. 

Let’s hope they are late again and can’t provide the 125% monthly funding required to satisfy the EFL. I wonder how much of Geldart salary they are paying.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s hope they are late again and can’t provide the 125% monthly funding required to satisfy the EFL. I wonder how much of Geldart salary they are paying.

Have they actually signed him now? If so he's their best signing this window, which is not hard when you look at the others!!

On 19/01/2023 at 01:22, bolty58 said:

They were on Manny Road after the game (some at least). All kicked off near Orlando Bridge. The lad who seemed to be leading them didn't have all the Clockwork Orange garb on - he was a sharp fucker in a crombie with Staprest, Royals etc.

He dived through the back doors of a black cab and out the other side to get away from the baying mob after he'd thrown a few punches and legged it around those cobbled back streets behind the shops and houses opposite Orlando Bridge. The bastard hit me with a coal shovel and broke a tooth when I pushed a back gate open trying to find him. Them were the days :D (was looking for a smiley with a tooth missing).

It's a great story that and shows how mental things got in those days. 

Trouble is, since that pic of 70s football on the other thread I have this image of blokes in bowler hats, dungarees and war paint all charging at each other like something from a very camp west side story! 

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

... since that pic of 70s football on the other thread I have this image of blokes in bowler hats, dungarees and war paint all charging at each other like something from a very camp west side story! 

You're forgetting the 'sword umbrellas'. They were scary.

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I see the deal for Geldart that was lauded earlier this week to Wigan has so far failed to materialise. 

Interesting - its being reported locally   

"It’s believed a number of clubs - at home and abroad - higher up the food chain have come forward to muddy the waters."

Well If I read that correctly it means Leeds are considering offers and he could instead end up going to any one of  23 Championship clubs, 17 first division clubs and at least 9 League two clubs 

• Members
20 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

It's a great story that and shows how mental things got in those days. 

Trouble is, since that pic of 70s football on the other thread I have this image of blokes in bowler hats, dungarees and war paint all charging at each other like something from a very camp west side story! 

When I think back to those days, the image which probably sticks the most is the bloke with the dart stuck in the bridge of his nose. A DMB from the Stretford End from memory.

BWFC related, loads of 'em. The mad fucker on a motor bike brandishing a sabre outside Boundary Park; the Chelsea invasion at Burnden; an old 'dear' skimming a bin lid at us from tenement flats near Cold Blow Lane; my next door neighbour from up TM twatting a stabbed Leicester City fan being carried on a St Johns Ambulance stretcher down the steps of the Lever End with half a house brick.

Every weekend was fucking mayhem.

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

When I think back to those days, the image which probably sticks the most is the bloke with the dart stuck in the bridge of his nose. A DMB from the Stretford End from memory.

BWFC related, loads of 'em. The mad fucker on a motor bike brandishing a sabre outside Boundary Park; the Chelsea invasion at Burnden; an old 'dear' skimming a bin lid at us from tenement flats near Cold Blow Lane; my next door neighbour from up TM twatting a stabbed Leicester City fan being carried on a St Johns Ambulance stretcher down the steps of the Lever End with half a house brick.

Every weekend was fucking mayhem.

Don’t let @Pablosee you telling tales of Bolton fans with bricks inside the ground…