Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Retained/Released

TrickyTrotter

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

No great surprises in here  Baptsiste, Amaechi, Tutte, Gordon, Delfounso, Greenidge, Edwards, Alexander &  Fitzmartin all going.

Senior offered new contract, Lockett & Hutchinson option to extend taken up.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/wanderers-confirm-departures/

No real surprises.

Shame that Alexander can’t make it with us, he was heroic when all the kids were playing.

As ever, thanks for the efforts and best wishes. No surprises there & I'm pleased Senior has another go.

I wonder if there actually is a future player in Amaechi ? His injury was very unfortunate but he did little after he returned. 

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No surprises at all.

Feel for Edwards who was decent in the all kids team, then got his injury.

Hope they make a career for themselves elsewhere.

Edwards is 26 this year, needs to get a move on

Class this from Baptiste:

“The gaffer is my mate but we have a completely working relationship. If it is time to go then we shake hands and I have done my best, he has done his best but wants to move forward. He has an unbelievable work ethic and he wants to get promoted next year, trust me. If I am not part of those plans then it’s OK. It is good.

The person I am, until I retire, I will always want to play. It has been hard. The lads have been unbelievable but the fire and the competitiveness I have, it has been hard. But it isn’t about me, it is about the team and the club and there has been progression, one million per cent. Blocks have been built for next season. From where it was when I was here last time the club went down and it does take time to build back up.

The culture is massive, the recruitment has been unbelievable, and that is all that matters. Obviously I know how old I am. There are not many years left in me but life moves on and the club moves on. It is more important that the club has something stable with the gaffer and the owners. It is amazing to help people, you have to do it. This club embodies that, the owners and Sharon embody that.”

Edited by Mantra

All expected & as straight forward as it should have been so well done Evatt. No sentiment in the decision making & time to really push on with the quality levels all throughout the squad if we're aiming for promotion. Baptiste(age), Amaechi(injury prone luxury player who doesn't fit into our system who's one of the highest earners), Tutte(injury prone), Gordon(potential but very upgradeble) , Delfouneso (can't even get in a shit L2 team), Greenidge(If anybody seen Barnet lose 6-0 to Wrexham the other week my god, Reiss had a bloody mare at fault for nearly every goal), Edwards (injury prone), Alexander (potential but Huchinson was ahead of him) &  Fitzmartin (Good in the academy by all account, gl to the lad)

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

A bit of a surprise that Senior has got offered a new deal but maybe they feel there's something to work with.

Especially as he didn't get a sniff during recent dead rubbers.

1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

Edwards is 26 this year, needs to get a move on

1 hour ago, jeep said:

He's training to be a physio, so probably not gonna continue as a player.

He's injured often enough to practice upon himself.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

A bit of a surprise that Senior has got offered a new deal but maybe they feel there's something to work with.

Not even slightly surprised 

An obvious one, imo

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Class this from Baptiste:

“The gaffer is my mate but we have a completely working relationship. If it is time to go then we shake hands and I have done my best, he has done his best but wants to move forward. He has an unbelievable work ethic and he wants to get promoted next year, trust me. If I am not part of those plans then it’s OK. It is good.

The person I am, until I retire, I will always want to play. It has been hard. The lads have been unbelievable but the fire and the competitiveness I have, it has been hard. But it isn’t about me, it is about the team and the club and there has been progression, one million per cent. Blocks have been built for next season. From where it was when I was here last time the club went down and it does take time to build back up.

The culture is massive, the recruitment has been unbelievable, and that is all that matters. Obviously I know how old I am. There are not many years left in me but life moves on and the club moves on. It is more important that the club has something stable with the gaffer and the owners. It is amazing to help people, you have to do it. This club embodies that, the owners and Sharon embody that.”

48 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Shared his pizza at Crawley so he’s alright baps 

to be fair, he sort of owes us from his first stint here

IE and club have made all the right decisions here. As others have said, thanks are due to all of the released players who have each made a contribution of some kind. I half-feared one or two sentimental decisions but there's been none of that. We are well and truly on the right tracks from day 1 of this pre-season.

We now have space in the squad to make genuine improvements - particularly across that backline. If we can get to a position next season where a run of injuries gives us minimal hassle then we'll be contenders. 

In addition to today's changes there may yet be scope for moving one or two on to other clubs for small fees/out on loan - I've particularly got Kachunga in mind but perhaps others too. 

Summary: Well done Ian Evatt and thanks to the released lads.