Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley Town manager

Spider

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

"Darkies" is the preferred term on here, apparently.

Indeed. And you've a longer memory than many on here.

It goes back to Big Sam's time here when somebody on here likened the African Nations Cup to a darkies kickabout, after several of our players had to go.

59 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I donā€™t speak for all black people but darkie is fuckin funny. Same as honkey.Ā 

Itā€™s ok. Your mate is offended on your behalf. Heā€™s that offended itā€™s taken him 21 hours and 6 cans to say so šŸ‘šŸ¼

• Members
12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Itā€™s ok. Your mate is offended on your behalf. Heā€™s that offended itā€™s taken him 21 hours and 6 cans to say so šŸ‘šŸ¼

Leave me out of your domestic šŸ˜

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Leave me out of your domestic šŸ˜

No domestic on my part. Just saying heā€™s that irate itā€™s taken 21 hours for him to calm down and needed a drink (several) to confront it.Ā 
Ā 

hes thatā€™s angry heā€™s just bust his space barĀ 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No domestic on my part. Just saying heā€™s that irate itā€™s taken 21 hours for him to calm down and needed a drink (several) to confront it.Ā 
Ā 

hes thatā€™s angry heā€™s just bust his space barĀ 

AbsolutelyĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  fuming.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, anewman said:

Why South African?Ā 

Segregating blacks and whites was something they were well known for most recently.

I suppose yanks in the southern states weā€™re keen on it.

But the saffers were at it in my lifetime.

Welcome back šŸ˜

• Site Supporter

I can'tĀ  get my head around how this situation could have arisen in this day and age at a professional club. Not like the odd word here or there, but systemic segregation.Ā 

How on earth did any of the players think it was acceptable to put up with it, and not come forward sooner- to the club, pfa, media I don't understand.Ā 

A players' revolt would have outed him much earlier.

Amazing that no one chinned him.

Absolutely weird.

59 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I can'tĀ  get my head around how this situation could have arisen in this day and age at a professional club. Not like the odd word here or there, but systemic segregation.Ā 

How on earth did any of the players think it was acceptable to put up with it, and not come forward sooner- to the club, pfa, media I don't understand.Ā 

A players' revolt would have outed him much earlier.

Amazing that no one chinned him.

Absolutely weird.

I thought the same, howā€™s it taken this long to come out?

Footballers perhaps are institutionalised a bit. They've basically gone from school to football and have little idea about real world workplaces. They're also generally a bit dim, and probably don't want to alienate the boss if they can avoid it. Managers hand out favours all the time e.g. during recruitment so perhaps they didn't want to burn bridges?

I'll admit though, the above isn't justification. I was bullied a bit at work recently so it's become something I hate.Ā 

7 hours ago, Mantra said:

I thought the same, howā€™s it taken this long to come out?

A player there explained that they aren't elite players, they've worked hard to get to Div. 4 level on modest footballer money but know that they are one injury, one poor run, one fall out with their manager from even that level of success being wiped out. So they rolled with it.

It still seems incredible but I guess it's a "walk a mile in my shoes" case.