Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Northern ireland

Spider

Ulster - give it back to Ireland?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 06/05/2022 at 08:46, Spider said:

Is it time to just hand it back to Ireland?

Anyone that is of British allegiance can be resettled in Glasgow.

This would help with Brexit and let’s be honest, we need to move on from this tedious issue. On that I think we all agree.

So - give it back, or carry on dwelling on the past?

Doesn't bother me either way. But if I live there then I would probably fight for what I would to think to be right.

8 hours ago, Escobarp said:

How fucking much???? You must be losing your marbles. 

Always wanted to do it so saved up over lockdown and figured we’d do it for a nothing game. Not a bad deal when you consider it includes Staropramen on draught. Marbles were lost long ago tbf. 

18 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Kinell. What’s he like. @radcliffe whitetake it down pal. 

You little tinker jocko

Around 2007ish went up to watch rangers v Aberdeen to see what the fuss was about, yeah the boozing part was good proper old school shit holes no bar chains etc pretty much do what you want think that’s why you get the English lads going up it’s all for the social side 

atmosphere nowt special around 500 away fans which apart from 2/3 clubs is the norm  apparently, can’t believe I missed us win at Birmingham to go watching them 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

You little tinker jocko

Around 2007ish went up to watch rangers v Aberdeen to see what the fuss was about, yeah the boozing part was good proper old school shit holes no bar chains etc pretty much do what you want think that’s why you get the English lads going up it’s all for the social side 

atmosphere nowt special around 500 away fans which apart from 2/3 clubs is the norm  apparently, can’t believe I missed us win at Birmingham to go watching them 

It’s got fuck all to do with football. Absolutely nothing.

Its for people who want to look all edgy and anti-Irish. They’re still fighting a war that no longer exists, a bit like those Japanese pilots that still thought WWII was going on in the 1960’s.

Both sides as bad as each other. Pseudo-Irish cocks on one side; Empire-defenders on the other. All pissing in the same pot.

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s got fuck all to do with football. Absolutely nothing.

Its for people who want to look all edgy and anti-Irish. They’re still fighting a war that no longer exists, a bit like those Japanese pilots that still thought WWII was going on in the 1960’s.

Both sides as bad as each other. Pseudo-Irish cocks on one side; Empire-defenders on the other. All pissing in the same pot.

I’m talking about the matchday culture

the ones I know it’s about the Piss up and nothing else they probably don’t know about the history in NI

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

I’m talking about the matchday culture

the ones I know it’s about the Piss up and nothing else they probably don’t know about the history in NI

Fair enough

Nothing wrong with that.

Weird that so many choose these particular clubs though. There are many more to pick.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Spider said:

Fair enough

Nothing wrong with that.

Weird that so many choose these particular clubs though. There are many more to pick.

Nothing says "no surrender" more than a rangers top

Hard work trying explain to my 11 year old why some of my mates have tattoos with the Northern Ireland flag on them to support a team from Scotland.

And theres people in Ireland that support a team from Scotland then theres two sets of people from Northern Ireland that support two different teams in Scotland.

And the bulk of the support from one of the biggest teams in Scotland support Ireland. 

And supporters of the other main team in Scotland support Northern Ireland and a shit load support England.

And they all wear orange stuff to support a bloke from Holland.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

And the bulk of the support from one of the biggest teams in Scotland support Ireland. 

And supporters of the other main team in Scotland support Northern Ireland and a shit load support England.

Mentalists.

• Site Supporter

“Why do you support rangers even though you’re from a town in England 300 miles away?”

”Because I fucking hate Celtic”

”Wht do you hate Celtic?”

”because they’re Irish cunts. If they love Ireland so much why don’t they go and fucking live there?”

<distant sound of Irony-o-Meter exploding>

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Sounds plausible when you put it like that.

Couple of my mates are "big" celtic fans. They talked a few of us into going up with them a few years back. A good day out on the piss, but jesus christ, the worst 90 minutes of 0-0 football I've ever had to endure. Terrible. Honestly the first time at a footy game I've had to be nudged as my eyes were closing. Shite. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The local election results bringing the NI protocol to the forefront and soon a decision will have to be made, EU seemingly don’t want to be flexible, it’s  going to be an interesting period over the next few weeks & months. 

The eu were flexible agreeing it with the Uk government in the first place 

it’s doing what it said on the tin , both parties agreed to and signed up to this . 
This fact seems to be ignored. 

7 hours ago, fatolive said:

it’s doing what it said on the tin , both parties agreed to and signed up to this . 

Correct. Bozo signed the agreement just to get a deal done but was secretly telling some NI MPs they were going to tear up the protocol later. 

8 hours ago, fatolive said:

The facts are the NI protocol was never meant to be permanent, it seems to me that Irish nationalists are using it as a tool to break NI away from the UK and the EU are using the opportunity to divert business from GB companies to EU companies.

This clearly acts against the rules set out in the treaty and creates the opportunity for UK to trigger article 16.

Of course it’ll be our fault if we are forced to trigger article 16 with those wishing to reunite NI with Ireland and nothing to do with the EU showing a lack of flexibility and proportionality in line with the risk of imports entering the EU from NI. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

25 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The facts are the NI protocol was never meant to be permanent, it seems to me that Irish nationalists are using it as a tool to break NI away from the UK and the EU are using the opportunity to divert business from GB companies to EU companies.

This clearly acts against the rules set out in the treaty and creates the opportunity for UK to trigger article 16.

Of course it’ll be our fault if we are forced to trigger article 16 with those wishing to reunite NI with Ireland and nothing to do with the EU showing a lack of flexibility and proportionality in line with the risk of imports entering the EU from NI. 

Again. The majority of people in NI voted for parties who explicitly stated they were happy with the protocol. Surely that should be respected.