Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Car People

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

nice little pick up

3 hours ago, Spider said:

I’m getting a Ford Ranger soon.

Purely because I’ll pay less tax.

I'd have one also because I am tight but they aren't a great drive tbh. In fact they are pretty shite.

However we are strange and like camping so that would come in handy so if offered I probably would take it.

No doubt come change time I will yet again be offered a fucking Vauxhall SUV, a Skoda or VW. So VW it is, simply because it's usually the best of the bunch. At one time I could choose all available from most manufacturers but now they are right bastards and only give you 3 or 4 cars to choose from. Utter shite. I would take the payment instead if it wasn't such a faff with lead times these days.

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I'd have one also because I am tight but they aren't a great drive tbh. In fact they are pretty shite.

However we are strange and like camping so that would come in handy so if offered I probably would take it.

No doubt come change time I will yet again be offered a fucking Vauxhall SUV, a Skoda or VW. So VW it is, simply because it's usually the best of the bunch. At one time I could choose all available from most manufacturers but now they are right bastards and only give you 3 or 4 cars to choose from. Utter shite. I would take the payment instead if it wasn't such a faff with lead times these days.

I had been told they were ok to drive. If not, I’ll be giving it to some other cunt within the business. I do a lot of miles.

I’ve had Passats and Mercs for the last few years and they’re obviously very comfortable and never miss a beat.

Ill sacrifice a certain amount of comfort for the cash saving, but if it’s a bag of spanner’s I’ll get shut.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

I had been told they were ok to drive. If not, I’ll be giving it to some other cunt within the business. I do a lot of miles.

I’ve had Passats and Mercs for the last few years and they’re obviously very comfortable and never miss a beat.

Ill sacrifice a certain amount of comfort for the cash saving, but if it’s a bag of spanner’s I’ll get shut.

Mate, if you are thinking what is basically  an agricultural vehicle will be anywhere near what a passat or merc is like on any road, never mind a motorway, then it is no wonder you were hoodwinked into voting brexit.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Mate, if you are thinking what is basically  an agricultural vehicle will be anywhere near what a passat or merc is like on any road, never mind a motorway, then it is no wonder you were hoodwinked into voting brexit.

Fair comment.

Lke Brexit, I’ve only done a limited amount of research since I actually have better things to do.

Like Brexit, I’ve been told I’ll be better off.

So, you have a point ☺️

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Fair comment.

Lke Brexit, I’ve only done a limited amount of research since I actually have better things to do.

Like Brexit, I’ve been told I’ll be better off.

So, you have a point ☺️

Details matter.

I would have one if offered as I do fuck all miles, handing my passat back in spring with probably less that 17k on the clock after 4 years.

I should take the money instead really but I like the fact I get a decent enough car to drive that isn't my problem to maintain. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Winchester White said:

Details matter.

I would have one if offered as I do fuck all miles, handing my passat back in spring with probably less that 17k on the clock after 4 years.

I should take the money instead really but I like the fact I get a decent enough car to drive that isn't my problem to maintain. 

Bloke I know who’s had a ranger for 2 years is adamant that it’s a decent motorway cruiser.

But he does drive JCB’s as well

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Rule of thumb... What's better company car or car allowance? 

Can I claim car allowance and continue to drive my 15 year old golf into the ground? 

Company car in my opinion. Simply because you have to do fuck all other than pick one.

Yes. 

Edited by tomski

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Rule of thumb... What's better company car or car allowance? 

Can I claim car allowance and continue to drive my 15 year old golf into the ground? 

Yes and no. Depends on your T&Cs.

For example we have to have a car capable of carrying 5 people and the car must have 4 doors or more.

Also depends on what car they give you as a CC and what allowance they are offering instead of course.