Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Stadium name

masi 51

20 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Didn’t we get sponsored by some TV retailers  from Farnworth?

I thought they supplied loads of tellies as part of the deal.

The Brown Brothers - Ex Colourvison, TV &Video Direct.  Mitchell & Brown is their brand

Edited by Gonk

The big screen projector in peasant corporate has given me a glimpse into the future for when I get cataracts in later life

Its like standard definition with contrast fucked and the lense smeared with a toddlers fingerprints. 

Sort it out Neil 

Wouldn’t surprise me if We was talking to AO.com. local firm, sponsor Manchester arena and Sale sharks, previously been shirt sponsors of Southampton and would provide cheap upgrades for the stadium. Win win all round. 

I'd be happy with owt Bolton derived. 

Reebok Stadium 

AO 

Warburtons

Carrs 

Softys Hard Stuff (keys in a) Bowl

That kind of thing. Things the folk of the town can relate to and we get a few quid for it. 

On 15/05/2022 at 06:03, Johnnyrotten said:

Agree with that, its gone now, we have lost the opportunity.   And for what its worth, it could never be called Lofthouse or whatever, no other stadium name that I'm aware of is associated with one bloke.  Its just where it is.  Daisy Hill play at New Sirs, Athy LR was always Alder House until the sponsor names, I cant think of a stadium named after a person.  Our stadium doesn't own a particular place name, and that will never change now, but I'd be in favour of coming up with an acceptable "permanent" name at the expense of a £million or 2 every year (assuming that doesn't jeopardise our existence of course).

Apart from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_Bernabéu_(footballer)

4 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

I thought, surely it can't be .... but it can.

"1974, the ground was renamed in honour of the former Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi following a speech he gave at the 2nd Organisation of the Islamic Conference meeting in Lahore in favour of Pakistan's right to pursue nuclear weapons. 

On 23 October 2011, Pakistan Cricket Board discussed renaming the stadium following the death of Gaddafi, to support the new government in Libya. The Punjab Olympic Association made a similar request in late October 2011 to the provincial chief minister, "I don't think his profile is inspirational enough to link with our cricket stadium's identity." As of April 2012, however, it does not appear that the stadium's name will be changed after all."

• 4 months later...