Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Away followings

Burndens Bogs

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

A bit surprised RovRum pipped us to 3rd, but they were top of the league for a long time.

For a team that was playing outside the top 10 most of the season, our away followings have been brilliant.

0BF02897-D34C-457A-A0F7-797D2BE42F0F.png

Those figures don’t look right to me, for a start Accrington don’t get much more than that at home. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

A bit surprised RovRum pipped us to 3rd, but they were top of the league for a long time.

For a team that was playing outside the top 10 most of the season, our away followings have been brilliant.

They look very inflated. Morecambe taking 2,477 on average to every away game? I'd be surprised if they took that many to any single away match all season.

• Site Supporter

Averaged 100 more away fans than Rovers and 300 more than PNE having travelled more miles and a division lower.

That said, we do get more at home too.

Backs up what’s been said a while, we’re the biggest club in the area away from the 4 city clubs

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Pies dont get that at Home 

never mind taken that many away 

53 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Averaged 100 more away fans than Rovers and 300 more than PNE having travelled more miles and a division lower.

That said, we do get more at home too.

Backs up what’s been said a while, we’re the biggest club in the area away from the 4 city clubs

We have always been the biggest club outside the four city clubs in the NW

• Site Supporter

In the home table, could someone with a degree in statistics explain how they split average attendances into weekend and evening games, where in both we just pip Charlton, yet overall, they pip us. How the fuck does that happen?

image.png.11430e082e19efe2df9893695ae42243.png

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

In the home table, could someone with a degree in statistics explain how they split average attendances into weekend and evening games, where in both we just pip Charlton, yet overall, they pip us. How the fuck does that happen?

I heard that charlton were giving 1000s of free tickets away and counted them if they turned up or not. 

9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Their 3 extra weekend games attracted just shy of 45,000 fans, our 3 extra midweeks attracted 39,000, So they end up higher than us.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Wigan gave every S/T holder 2 free tickets v Sunderland and get counted whether they turned up or not. 

They still had to actually claim them though, they didn’t just send them all two tickets apiece in the post.

Let’s not forget we’ve had a couple of games at a fiver a ticket which distorts things somewhat, but then I suppose everyone else does that at one point or another. 

42 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Ipswich the only fans to prefer night matches to Saturday games.  I always thought they were a bit strange.

As an aside, weekend games are always going to have inflated figures because of those Community games that are £10/£5, they are always at the weekend.  If our extra 12k or whatever were taken off the Saturday games and put on midweek, the averages would have both been around the 14k mark (who cares? just saying).

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They still had to actually claim them though, they didn’t just send them all two tickets apiece in the post.

Let’s not forget we’ve had a couple of games at a fiver a ticket which distorts things somewhat, but then I suppose everyone else does that at one point or another. 

Yes, all crowds in lower divisions inflated these days, can't be compared to previous seasons/eras.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

#wiganmatt

• Members

I am in Southern Spain at the moment - not too far from Sevilla. I know it's a major European final but Rangers fans have turned most of Andalucia blue it seems.

Apparently they are opening the other stadium to show the match on the big screen for the hordes who don't have tickets. Phenomenal support. I am with two lads who have travelled from Australia, one coming on a mission with me elsewhere, the other heading for Seville without a ticket.

Hoping for a British victory but I suspect Frankfurt will be the stiffest competition Rangers have faced so far.

1 minute ago, bolty58 said:

I am in Southern Spain at the moment - not too far from Sevilla. I know it's a major European final but Rangers fans have turned most of Andalucia blue it seems.

Apparently they are opening the other stadium to show the match on the big screen for the hordes who don't have tickets. Phenomenal support. I am with two lads who have travelled from Australia, one coming on a mission with me elsewhere, the other heading for Seville without a ticket.

Hoping for a British victory but I suspect Frankfurt will be the stiffest competition Rangers have faced so far.

Enjoy!! If rangers win it it’ll be a miracle. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Enjoy!! If rangers win it it’ll be a miracle. 

I agree, a tough challenge. I fly out to the land of the gnomes the day before the game or I'd have gone to Sevilla just to savour the atmosphere.