Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre Season

little whitt

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Cant be many better clubs for ground-hoppping than us 🙌

I bet there's a few Bradford who've done the 92 just watching their own club. Not the brand new PL stadiums but everything else, and now they're rooted in L2 they can tick off all the dross that comes up out of the National League every season to keep it topped up 😃

Went pre season with gumbo, was it sasas last game ?
we were only quite young, I ad only just passed my driving test and used my mums car whilst she was away.

walked into a boozer in the town centre and everything stopped ( or it felt like it did), so we went straight back out !

can’t be bothered going again this season

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, marple whites said:

Went pre season with gumbo, was it sasas last game ?
we were only quite young, I ad only just passed my driving test and used my mums car whilst she was away.

walked into a boozer in the town centre and everything stopped ( or it felt like it did), so we went straight back out !

can’t be bothered going again this season

1996/97, went myself. Lost 2-0

I watched it anyway......Iredale was very solid & likely to start as our left sided defender.......Bradley took his goal well.....Dempsey looks really lively.........Sadlier is a bit weak defensively for a wing back.......Dixon did well !! .........& Conway had some good touches, maybe a better left wing back option than Sadlier.  Early days. 

Skimmed through it, was impressed with Iredale's defending in his box. Him & John did get caught out in behind a good few times down our left but Iredale seems to have good recovery like Rico has in him. From what I seen Sads put in the type of RWB performance you'd expect to get out of somebody who says they hate playing there. If we get that Derry lad then I'd expect to see Geth back at RWB if anything happened to Bradley during the season while Sadlier competed for the position off the strikers where Dapo is expected to play. 

23 hours ago, Traf said:

FFS. Ruin it for everyone, eh?

My apologies guys, didnt know it was on you tube. Sorry for letting everyone know the final score, im sure no-one else will do that this coming season!

30 minutes ago, DazBob said:

No need for you to apologise. If I was hoping to avoid the result of a pre-season game then I'd not be clicking on on thread that is about pre-season games.

You weren’t saying that when you came over last night to watch. Calling Wooli all sorts. Then you ordered some beans and bread on Deliveroo for some weird reason.

21 hours ago, Deanu said:

Skimmed through it, was impressed with Iredale's defending in his box. Him & John did get caught out in behind a good few times down our left but Iredale seems to have good recovery like Rico has in him. From what I seen Sads put in the type of RWB performance you'd expect to get out of somebody who says they hate playing there. If we get that Derry lad then I'd expect to see Geth back at RWB if anything happened to Bradley during the season while Sadlier competed for the position off the strikers where Dapo is expected to play. 

Agreed.  I'm a big advocate of round pegs in round holes and for me Sadlier plays as an out and out attacker, or not at all.  Sadlier is about as defensive minded as Matt Le Tissier and while he isn't in that class obviously, his style of play is similar and he should spend 90% of his time in the opposition half where he can do what he does best.