Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre Season

little whitt

• Site Supporter
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I still think we're crying out for a bit of pace though

I don’t think it’s pace in the legs we lack, more speed in the bonce. We are too slow and deliberate much of the time, need to shift it quicker

3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I still think we're crying out for a bit of pace though

Said a couple of weeks ago Iles had mentioned that's something Evatt thinks we're a little short of up front.

As it stands, I think we're good for the play offs. We're going to absolutely batter some teams, and get ground down to draw/defeat by others. Like last season only better 😃

As others have mentioned pace up top and on the wings is a concern, thought MJ got caught out so many times trying to jump on the player and was easily played around. Dapo, Bradley and Sadlier are the positives from that performance. 

Very very good work out that. They asked all the “right” questions of us given its Pre season. Not many will press us so high and fast so a really good test for that back 5 MJ and Morley. Hopefully some lessons in there.. 

Dapo looks a bigger threat up top than he does as a 10. More room and the game is simpler for him. 

said weeks & weeks ago Lee would be our main man as a 10. Yep I think he’ll be rested but more often than not, if he’s fit he plays 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Very very good work out that. They asked all the “right” questions of us given its Pre season. Not many will press us so high and fast so a really good test for that back 5 MJ and Morley. Hopefully some lessons in there.. 

Dapo looks a bigger threat up top than he does as a 10. More room and the game is simpler for him. 

said weeks & weeks ago Lee would be our main man as a 10. Yep I think he’ll be rested but more often than not, if he’s fit he plays 

I still worry we are a bit too 'Oxford'. We need a nasty streak. Could Morley and Dempsey do that behind Lee? Not sure - willing to give it a go though

6 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I still worry we are a bit too 'Oxford'. We need a nasty streak. Could Morley and Dempsey do that behind Lee? Not sure - willing to give it a go though

Yeh know what you mean. Bit of backbone and win ugly ability. MJ covers a lot of grass. But slowly.. 

Not a bad pre season game but you could see from the start both teams lacked that bit of an edge due to it being a friendly.Only just seen we equalised in the last minute as we left with 5 minutes to go as had to drop grand kids off at a party.

And as a side note the club shop was packed before the game,bought both grand kids a new top.Left 100 fucking quid lighter but was good to see so many young uns getting stuff which hopefully will be the next generation of fans

30 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Not sure he’s got 45 minutes in him myself. 

14 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Not a bad pre season game but you could see from the start both teams lacked that bit of an edge due to it being a friendly.Only just seen we equalised in the last minute as we left with 5 minutes to go as had to drop grand kids off at a party.

And as a side note the club shop was packed before the game,bought both grand kids a new top.Left 100 fucking quid lighter but was good to see so many young uns getting stuff which hopefully will be the next generation of fans

Was packed after as well, bought 2 training tops for me & the lad. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Interesting use of black sponsor logo and club badge on a black shirt.  I'm sure the sponsor will be getting his moneys worth from that deal 

On first glance it looked like they were wearing their shirts inside out 

Sort of liked it 

• Members
37 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Was packed after as well, bought 2 training tops for me & the lad. 

Got daughters. Pre ordered lads on Tuesday with his name on back for his birthday. Still not come yet. Said there's a problem with the lettering for away strip (think they where telling porkies) 

Good workout as mentioned. We more than matched them especially second half.

Morley looks like he’s been in the gym over the summer, seems to have bulked up. I’m happy with our squad going into the first weekend of the season. Just hope we can keep it tight at the back 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Maybe right and it will no doubt evolve over time but I reckon he’ll start Sat 

I think he'll start against those teams who are considered the top of the league types where his nouse and experience will come in handy 

He'll be rested against the weaker opposition 

I think