Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jake Daniels

Rudy

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Your workings. 

The % ? Of course all the numbers are estimates but however you cut it , it is a statistical certainty that there have been numerous gay players in last 20 years who not spoken publicly about it. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

The % ? Of course all the numbers are estimates but however you cut it , it is a statistical certainty that there have been numerous gay players in last 20 years who not spoken publicly about it. 

We are working on the claim that a few of them must be elite footballers. You had 2 being at every club going off the countries gay population. The gay population will include 65 year old bean flickers from Doncaster, hardly elite players. Using the figures we have it will work out at a lot less than 1 per club 

Just now, royal white said:

We are working on the claim that a few of them must be elite footballers. You had 2 being at every club going off the countries gay population. The gay population will include 65 year old bean flickers from Doncaster, hardly elite players. Using the figures we have it will work out at a lot less than 1 per club 

Why ? 7% is 7% just because some are older and some are women you still multiply the group you are considering by 7%  92 clubs with 28 pros gives you about 2500 people so it is 7% of the 2500. 

Just now, Ani said:

Why ? 7% is 7% just because some are older and some are women you still multiply the group you are considering by 7%  92 clubs with 28 pros gives you about 2500 people so it is 7% of the 2500. 

😂😂 ok then. Let me know when 65 year old Karen makes her debut 

Homosexuals can't swim, they attract enemy radar, they attract sharks, they insist of being placed at the captain's table, they get up late, they nudge people whilst they're shooting, they "muck about"

In all seriousness though - I can't believe this is still a thing in 2022?

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

You seem to know a lot about this 😁

Groups of young men, training together all day, physical job, macho environment, communal showers and changing room, scared to come out as gay for fear of how it would be seen with colleagues.

@royal white may have first hand experience of it from his time in the army.

5 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Groups of young men, training together all day, physical job, macho environment, communal showers and changing room, scared to come out as gay for fear of how it would be seen with colleagues.

@royal white may have first hand experience of it from his time in the army.

I’ve probably bummed more blokes then what you’ve kissed girls you sausage. 

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, royal white said:

😂😂 ok then. Let me know when 65 year old Karen makes her debut 

Statistics really isn't one of your strong points is it? 😂

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

The irony 🤦‍♂️ If you agree with anis figure then there’s not much hope. That’s unless you think owd lezzers can play elite football. 

Jesus Christ 🤦‍♂️. I'm not talking about the actual figure. Change the statistic to "1% of people have ginger hair", and see if that helps you understand how statistics work.... would roughly 1 in 100 footballers have ginger hair?

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Jesus Christ 🤦‍♂️. I'm not talking about the actual figure. Change the statistic to "1% of people have ginger hair", and see if that helps you understand how statistics work.... would roughly 1 in 100 footballers have ginger hair?

Your anologies are amazing at times. 

Do you think each club has 2 bummers in it. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Your anologies are amazing at times. 

Do you think each club has 2 bummers in it. 

I have no idea, but if X% of people are gay, then it's highly likely X% of footballers are gay. The figure is irrelevant to understanding this concept. It's Primary School stuff.

Just now, Cheese said:

I have no idea, but if X% of people are gay, then it's highly likely X% of footballers are gay. The figure is irrelevant to understanding this concept. It's Primary School stuff.

You’re using figures that represent a country. Those figures become massively reduced when applied to elite footballers. Hence why it’s ridiculous to think on average each club would have 2 gays. Surely you get this or have you gone straight through from the weekend? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

You’re using figures that represent a country. Those figures become massively reduced when applied to elite footballers. Hence why it’s ridiculous to think on average each club would have 2 gays. Surely you get this or have you gone straight through from the weekend? 

Ah. You're fishing. Nobody is really this stupid. You had me for a moment. 👍

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Either you have no idea or you agree with the workings. Which is it? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Either you have no idea or you agree with the workings. Which is it? 

I don't agree or disagree with the 7% figure. It's completely irrelevant. Just for fun, let's say 1% of the population are gay. Do you not understand that it would therefore be likely that 1% of footballers are gay?