Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jake Daniels

Rudy

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I don't agree or disagree with the 7% figure. It's completely irrelevant. Just for fun, let's say 1% of the population are gay. Do you not understand that it would therefore be likely that 1% of footballers are gay?

Would you say it’s likely 7% of your mates are gay? 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, royal white said:

Would you say it’s likely 7% of your mates are gay? 

No, as I have no idea where the 7% figure came from. You could have made it up for all I know.

I notice you didn't answer either of my extremely simple questions, but that would be a first for you, so it's hardly surprising.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

No, as I have no idea where the 7% figure came from. You could have made it up for all I know.

I notice you didn't answer either of my extremely simple questions, but that would be a first for you, so it's hardly surprising.

If it would be a first for me why would it be hardly surprising. That makes no sense. Put the cans down lad. 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

14 minutes ago, royal white said:

If it would be a first for me why would it be hardly surprising. That makes no sense. Put the cans down lad. 

I think he meant that wouldn’t be a first for you?

He made a mistake, which is hardly surprising 😀

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, royal white said:

It would be a first if you actually answered a question, so it's hardly surprising that you didn't answer those ones. "Reading Comprehension" is obviously another subject you struggle with.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think he meant that wouldn’t be a first for you?

He made a mistake, which is hardly surprising 😀

No, but good effort. Must try harder.

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It would be a first if you actually answered a question, so it's hardly surprising that you didn't answer those ones. "Reading Comprehension" is obviously another subject you struggle with.

That would mean I have never answered any of your questions which we know is a lie. Keep digging 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Jesus Christ 🤦‍♂️. I'm not talking about the actual figure. Change the statistic to "1% of people have ginger hair", and see if that helps you understand how statistics work.... would roughly 1 in 100 footballers have ginger hair?

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

I don't agree or disagree with the 7% figure. It's completely irrelevant. Just for fun, let's say 1% of the population are gay. Do you not understand that it would therefore be likely that 1% of footballers are gay?

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

That would mean I have never answered any of your questions which we know is a lie. Keep digging 

Ok, I must be lying. Try answering the 2 extremely simple ones I asked you in this thread then. They're about as simple as it gets. Literally 'yes' or 'no'.

Edited by Cheese

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Ok, I must be lying. Try answering the 2 extremely simple ones I asked you in this thread then. They're about as simple as it gets. Literally 'yes' or 'no'.

Is there a way to explain the %age of gay people in society using twixes?

5 hours ago, royal white said:

You’re using figures that represent a country. Those figures become massively reduced when applied to elite footballers. Hence why it’s ridiculous to think on average each club would have 2 gays. Surely you get this or have you gone straight through from the weekend? 

Why do they become reduced when applied to elite sportsmen ? 

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

Says 2.7% identify as gay in here

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/sexuality/bulletins/sexualidentityuk/2019

Not sure where your 7% figure was from.

51 minutes ago, Ani said:

Says 2.7% identify as gay in here

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/sexuality/bulletins/sexualidentityuk/2019

Not sure where your 7% figure was from.

On’t wireless. Obviously those figures put a different spin on things 😂 can safely say there’s not a fair few at elite level! 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Why do they become reduced when applied to elite sportsmen ? 

Because when you are using data collected using 10s of millions of people it’s unlikely to be reflected in a few hundred. 

Take fromages anology using ginger hair. 6% of the population unfortunately have ginger hair (sorry spider) So apparently 6% of elite footballers should have ginger hair. Do the math and tell me how many gingers should be playing in the prem (use Ani’s working on 28 players per club). 

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Because when you are using data collected using 10s of millions of people it’s unlikely to be reflected in a few hundred. 

Take fromages anology using ginger hair. 6% of the population unfortunately have ginger hair (sorry spider) So apparently 6% of elite footballers should have ginger hair. Do the math and tell me how many gingers should be playing in the prem (use Ani’s working on 28 players per club). 

i'll let the gingers thing slide, but math- proper fishing now C

19 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

fair fucks to him; just hope some cynical sportwear firm exploit him, offer him a deal to be a poster boy and he never get to be judged on his playing ability.

He’ll be pulling pints in the flying hand bag before the next illumination switch on. Oh and have a Saturday job presenting MOTD 😉

45 minutes ago, royal white said:

On’t wireless. Obviously those figures put a different spin on things 😂 can safely say there’s not a fair few at elite level! 

If we take the 2500 players in this country 2.7% would about 65. 

Edited by Ani

You can't really take the countries  demographics and apply it to football though.

7.5% of Brits are Asian. Nowhere near 7.5% of footballers are Asian. 

There's a cultural reason that Asian lads don't take up football as a profession. There's a good chance homosexuals have an aversion to taking up football as a career too.