Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jake Daniels

Rudy

Theres also blokes with wives and kids that havent even come out yet.

Half the gay folk I know have a past.

You dont just wake up when your 16 and decide your gay, tell every one and go towards a statistic.

35 minutes ago, royal white said:

Because when you are using data collected using 10s of millions of people it’s unlikely to be reflected in a few hundred. 

Take fromages anology using ginger hair. 6% of the population unfortunately have ginger hair (sorry spider) So apparently 6% of elite footballers should have ginger hair. Do the math and tell me how many gingers should be playing in the prem (use Ani’s working on 28 players per club). 

Sorry missed your explanation . Ginger hair would be genetic so the comparison is not appropriate. 

If you reduce the sample size the chances of the % changing exists but is unlikely as 2500 is a very large sample, certainly bigger than used in polls to predict elections etc. if you want a bigger sample you could use all current pro players across the world and there are 2 openly gay men. 

Obviously if in a smaller sample you are saying the error rate statistically maybe lower it could equally be higher, so unless you have a reason why elite sportsmen will be lower your argument makes no sense. 

On another question you asked looking at my Facebook friends the 2.7% figure is about right for openly gay numbers in there. 

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Rudy said:

In fact Firminho looks like he plays on the wimmins darts team down the star and garter 

I've seen him in Manc with his Mrs 

If he is, he's definitely trying his hardest not to be 

Her orbs were mesmerizing 

Anyway 

Whether it's 1%, 3% or 7% it means we must have at least one bummer on here 

38 minutes ago, Rudy said:

In fact Firminho looks like he plays on the wimmins darts team down the star and garter 

Was it not on here that someone pointed out that Firminho was the first lesbian to play in the Premier League ? 

• Members
Just now, Zico said:

Anyway 

I seen videos of Brazilian ‘women’ yknow what I mean 

Just now, Ani said:

Was it not on here that someone pointed out that Firminho was the first lesbian to play in the Premier League ? 

Said it for years, him and Marcos Rojo lesbian power couple . FACT

10 minutes ago, Zico said:

Anyway 

I wonder who it/they are? 

14 minutes ago, Zico said:

Anyway 

Question changes when you add the word closet before it.be a fair few then I reckon  

and Thailand doesn’t count 

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I wonder who it/they are? 

Folk often try and drown out their urges apparently

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Be some hangover that 🙄

It's rather unfair to accuse royalwhite of being drunk, but it would explain his abject failure to grasp basic statistics. I'm sure he just genuinely doesn't understand.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, royal white said:

It doesn’t quite work like that. 

Given enough of a sample size, it will.

That said, your point above is extremely valid- no gay footballer should feel the need to come out openly if he or she doesn't want to. It's an individuals right to do as they wish.

There may well be more that follow, but it's important to remember that whilst creating a situation where folk feel they can come out is important, their personal wishes should be respected, and no one should feel pressured because the glass ceiling has been broken.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Given enough of a sample size, it will.

That said, your point above is extremely valid- no gay footballer should feel the need to come out openly if he or she doesn't want to. It's an individuals right to do as they wish.

There may well be more that follow, but it's important to remember that whilst creating a situation where folk feel they can come out is important, their personal wishes should be respected, and no one should feel pressured because the glass ceiling has been broken.

I read his point as the numbers will be lower for elite sportsmen. Which I am sure he will explain. 
As for the personal wishes 100% agree.

If anyone is bothered a sample size of 666 gives 99% confidence that it accurately reflects the population as a whole, so 2500 is plenty. 

Edited by Ani

31 minutes ago, Zico said:

Anyway 

Edited by tomski

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's rather unfair to accuse royalwhite of being drunk, but it would explain his abject failure to grasp basic statistics. I'm sure he just genuinely doesn't understand.

Your analogy would have 33 gingers playing in the prem. they don’t. 

2 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Was an English (not England) player on news this morning talking about gay players, I'd never heard of him and i wasn't really paying a lot of attention but i'm sure at one point he mentioned Josh Vela!!!

Well he does ply his trade at Gay Meadow

10 minutes ago, Ani said:

I read his point as the numbers will be lower for elite sportsmen. Which I am sure he will explain. 

If anyone is bothered a sample size of 666 gives 99% confidence that it accurately reflects the population as a whole, so 2500 is plenty. 

Whilst not wanting to delve into the argument too much. Are we saying that there will be the same proportion of fudge packers as a percentage of the total  in say the prem as in hairdressers or theatres? 

I find that hard to believe on the face of it. I’ve never seen any well known footballers up here in the queue to get in cc blooms on a Saturday night

• Members
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Whilst not wanting to delve into the argument too much. Are we saying that there will be the same proportion of fudge packers as a percentage of the total  in say the prem as in hairdressers or theatres? 

I find that hard to believe on the face of it. I’ve never seen any well known footballers up here in the queue to get in cc blooms on a Saturday night

@Not in Crawley

17 minutes ago, Ani said:

I’m going off what we already know and current figures. I will also say the number amongst air Stewards, make up artists, event organisers will be a hell of a lot higher. 

So back to the original comment when it was suggested “more elite players need to come out” and there “must be a good few of them” Im saying is probably wrong