Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jake Daniels

Rudy

• Members
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Have we outed the shitstabbers on here yet? That’s all I’m interested in now. TIA 

Fancy your chances?

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter

Best line I’ve read.

“Daniels decision to come out won’t address the issue of homophobic chanting  in the terraces or alter the sorts of policies that see major tournaments awarded to countries that criminalise gay people….

But perhaps those are conversations for another day…

However football is more open, inclusive and more welcoming today than it was yesterday, all because Daniels felt comfortable enough to be himself.”

My slant on this is that we still have a long way to go in addressing homophobia. My personal experiences - and this isn’t a thinly veiled desperado coming out post 😂 - mainly from an education perspective, are that some gay people, especially those who are good at sport keep it a secret. They really fear the reaction they will get coming out. 

This one action will hopefully allow more to feel brave and free them from some of the mental strain that’s unfortunately, especially in world of football, attached to being gay.

• Moderators

as for players coming out as gay or ginger

they don't have to, their privacy should be respected

but it's probably best they do rather than a newspaper doing it, or their being rumours etc

and if they do, good luck to them, they shouldn't have to keep it a secret or dye their hair  or be ashamed or anything like that

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Zico said:

as for players coming out as gay or ginger

they don't have to, their privacy should be respected

but it's probably best they do rather than a newspaper doing it, or their being rumours etc

and if they do, good luck to them, they shouldn't have to keep it a secret or dye their hair  or be ashamed or anything like that

Isn't this why Philip Schofield came out?  Some red-top paper had threatened to break the story. 

2 hours ago, royal white said:

Your analogy would have 33 gingers playing in the prem. they don’t. 

Not when you sub analyse the number of *black people in that group. Black people, typically, don't have ginger hair.

So the 33 may be, I don't know the proportion, say ... halved.

*Hopefully this isn't viewed as a racist calculation.

I don't know what your jib is about this royal white but, from my armchair, you're making yourself look a right tit**.

** left tits are plentiful also.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

What about ginger gays?

What % of footballers are ginger and gay and how does this correlate to global ginger gay levels?

I thought they would (should) have been eradicated from our gene pool by now surely? 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I thought they would (should) have been eradicated from our gene pool by now surely? 

They say if two ginger fellas bum it causes the sky to roar thunder and flame for eternity.

Just now, Steejay said:

Edinburgh gay ginger capital of the world.

FACT.

Give over. It has plenty of both sides of the coin but I’m not having there’s many double headed (no play on words intended) knocking about up here.