Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jake Daniels

Rudy

6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Assuming the level of homo-sexuality is broadly the same across races/colours etc, then racial make up would make no difference to the number in football.

Still intrigued as to why the levels in elite sportsmen wouldn't reflect that of society at large.

Is there a link between batting for the same side and not being able to run very fast?

My point is - maybe homosexual men are disuaded from pursuing a career in football. Which is why there's less of them than you would imagine - if you were just extrapolating from the population at large?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

My point is - maybe homosexual men are disuaded from pursuing a career in football. Which is why there's less of them than you would imagine - if you were just extrapolating from the population at large?

Perhaps. 

But we simply don't know.

Not sure the hackneyed  "they're effeminate puffters and don't like physical stuff" is or ever has been valid.

As I asked RW, if there are genuine reasons- biological/social etc that have been shown, I'd be genuinely interested. It might then help explain the numbers (or lack of).

It's a similar thing within the armed forces- not long ago it was illegal- bit I'd be surprised if levels here were significantly lower than the population in general.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, royal white said:

Ok, using all the figures we have roughly how many gays do you think are playing elite football in England? 

Like kent said you can’t really take a countries demographics and apply it to football. With some of the examples being thrown about it’s like saying 7.5% of Britain is Asian therefore 7.5% of WW posters are Asian. We all know that ain’t true. 

1. Without any reasons to the contrary, the same proportion. 

2. The two aren't comparable. As already detailed, doesn't matter what proportion of ww members are Asian, white or black etc. If the proportion of gay folk in the groups is similar (again nothing to say that wouldn't be the case) then the number of members that are gay would reflect that of society. 

It really is simple mathematics. 

Throw in some proven facts to skew to maths one way or another then fine.

Until that's done, then simply stating that demographics can't be applied is meaningless as it has no foundation.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

1. Without any reasons to the contrary, the same proportion. 

2. The two aren't comparable. As already detailed, doesn't matter what proportion of ww members are Asian, white or black etc. If the proportion of gay folk in the groups is similar (again nothing to say that wouldn't be the case) then the number of members that are gay would reflect that of society. 

It really is simple mathematics. 

Throw in some proven facts to skew to maths one way or another then fine.

Until that's done, then simply stating that demographics can't be applied is meaningless as it has no foundation.

So using your simple mathematics you would have to say women footballers come under the same figures. 

I can 100% assure you they don’t .

So that 1 example proves that the X amount of the population is gay so the same percent of footballers are gay is totally false. 

29 minutes ago, royal white said:

So that 1 example proves that the X amount of the population is gay so the same percent of footballers are gay is totally false. 

To be fair, including the wimmin would increase the proportions hugely. The wimminz teams are 30-40% munchers.