Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nostalgic Songs

Listening to B&S this week took me right back, first bars of a song zipping me back 25 years. I love finding and listening to new music, and have a few go-to albums/artists that I always listen to but sometimes songs drop off the radar and then you listen to it back and you'd forgotten what a great song it was, and the time and place you bought it/heard it/who you were with etc.

This popped up recently and can't stop playing it. I remember buying the album and then going for a coffee with a couple of mates in that place in the Market Hall (you walked up some stairs and looked down on the Market Place - god knows what it was called) on hearing this song on a TV programme Jarvis Cocker was doing at the time (again fuck knows what that was)

So go on class..any take you back to a time and place (not a tune that you listen to a lot though!)

• Moderators

happy hour - some bar in benidorm, about 88

scorpions - wind of change.  bar in hersonnisos, crete, about 89

jackie wilson - reet petite - coventry away, about 87

sly fox - lets go all the way. foxhall, blackpool after fleetwood, late 80s?

Elvis - Love me tender when the boy was born …. and the wife was making a fuss about a c section or summat 😇 . Had a sneaky look over the screen while it  was all going off was like a puppet show . Women are defo tougher than men !

• Site Supporter

This instantly transports me back to my first lads holiday, on the island of Kos in 2000. Every single bar seemed to play it every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day.

Edited by Cheese

• Members

Pretty Green Eyes

Lads and girls I knocked about with growing up used to go out and about  every night. 

One night me and this lass were the only ones left on the park I walked her home and we sat in her porch listening to this song whilst I fingered her. 

BANGA

I was in Prague a couple of weeks ago, I might have mentioned it and made my usual walk past the Lennon Wall. There is a small museum a street away so we went in. They had an album cover of A Hard Days Night. 
Got talking (reluctantly) to the proprietor, a young mother,  who was breast feeding a baby at the same time. Told her that the album was the first I ever owned. She asked me my favourite and I said ‘If I fell’

Said it was hers as well.

It used to remind me of my visit to the Odeon Cinema in Bolton with half our street to watch the film.

It now reminds me of a brief encounter with a woman breast feeding her baby in Prague.

Don’t judge me.😊

Dead End Street by The Kinks.

Used to love it when everybody in the pub sang

'What are we living for. To see United in Division Four'.

Long before the Premier League obviously.

Warehouse project at Boddingtons in about 2006/07. The avalanches DJ set and they dropped this when I was on acid and Es. 

Spent the rest of the evening dancing with anyone and everyone completely and utterly loved off my tits. 

Don't think I've ever had a night quite like it since. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Listening to B&S this week took me right back, first bars of a song zipping me back 25 years. I love finding and listening to new music, and have a few go-to albums/artists that I always listen to but sometimes songs drop off the radar and then you listen to it back and you'd forgotten what a great song it was, and the time and place you bought it/heard it/who you were with etc.

This popped up recently and can't stop playing it. I remember buying the album and then going for a coffee with a couple of mates in that place in the Market Hall (you walked up some stairs and looked down on the Market Place - god knows what it was called) on hearing this song on a TV programme Jarvis Cocker was doing at the time (again fuck knows what that was)

So go on class..any take you back to a time and place (not a tune that you listen to a lot though!)

Great album that 

Holes also pops up Sing 2 which pleasantly surprised me

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Cheese said:

This instantly transports me back to my first lads holiday, on the island of Kos in 2000. Every single bar seemed to play it every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day.

Ha ha same here 

Did Kardamena in 2000 

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Zico said:

Ha ha same here 

Did Kardamena in 2000 

That's where we were too. 😁 Must've spent 48 hours solid in The Funky Worm. It was directly across the road from our villa so we didn't even have to use their toilet when we needed a shit.

I've also just remembered there was a bar that had a Bolton shirt hung up on the wall, and we spent most of our fortnight sat in there getting absolutely hammered and watching Only Fools and Horses repeats. 😂

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Cheese said:

That's where we were too. 😁 Must've spent 48 hours solid in The Funky Worm. It was directly across the road from our villa so we didn't even have to use their toilet when we needed a shit.

I've also just remembered there was a bar that had a Bolton shirt hung up on the wall, and we spent most of our fortnight sat in there getting absolutely hammered and watching Only Fools and Horses repeats. 😂

Only bar i recall was The Stone Roses bar at one end of the strip 

And watching American Pyscho in some bar that showed snide films during the day 

And this song which was played second most after Black Legend 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Zico said:

Only bar i recall was The Stone Roses bar at one end of the strip 

And watching American Pyscho in some bar that showed snide films during the day 

And this song which was played second most after Black Legend 

Aye, I nearly posted that one, but Black Legend just edged it.

• Site Supporter

Wigfield - Saturday night. This was everywhere in Ipsos 94

The Original - I love you baby. 1995 in Faliraki, didn’t half go bonkers on the bevvy that holiday. Never had a more drunken 2 weeks, no idea how I lived through it.

Lou Baga - Mambo no 5. Much the same as both others but Kardamena 1999