Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Cost Of Living Crisis

gonzo

9 minutes ago, royal white said:

Their obsession with Bill Gates, a man who has done probably more for a healthier better world than most people, is frightening. If he’s not killing kids in India he’s raping kids on Epsteins Island. They’re fkin nutters, all of them.  Scary thing is I have mates who believe it all as well

Yep, I wouldn't say mates but I know a couple of guys like that. One of them has his mates genuinely concerned about him. Started with the vaccine theories then went down some weird rabbit hole, hardly ever leaves the house now. As you say frightening really. 

7 hours ago, stevieb said:

I'll bite. Obvs. 

This is what Melinda had to say on Bill and Jeff. 

And this is what Bill has to say on his relationship with Jeff 

🤷

Bloody hell you a Bill Gates man as well as anti vaxxer?

Are you a climate change denier as well?

Were the moon landings fake too?

8 hours ago, royal white said:

Their obsession with Bill Gates, a man who has done probably more for a healthier better world than most people, is frightening. If he’s not killing kids in India he’s raping kids on Epsteins Island. They’re fkin nutters, all of them.  Scary thing is I have mates who believe it all as well

I'm amazed by how many people buy into this shite over here. A lot of them seem to be working class lads for some reason. Tradies and fighters seem to be the worst for it. 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Bloody hell you a Bill Gates man as well as anti vaxxer?

Are you a climate change denier as well?

Were the moon landings fake too?

Aye Full on lizard folk flat earther! 🤣 

I don't know why anyone would stick up for the climate or health advice of an overweight IT bod who flew on a private jet to a known nonces private island 36 times. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Aye Full on lizard folk flat earther! 🤣 

I don't know why anyone would stick up for the climate or health advice of an overweight IT bod who flew on a private jet to a known nonces private island 36 times. 

Ever watch Jimmy Savile on the telly? Or Rolf Harris?

Ever dance to a Gary Glitter song at a disco as a kid?

Nonce.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I'm amazed by how many people buy into this shite over here. A lot of them seem to be working class lads for some reason. Tradies and fighters seem to be the worst for it. 

My barbars had to get rid of one guy as it's all he would talk about all day to clients and staff 

10 hours ago, stevieb said:

I'll bite. Obvs. 

This is what Melinda had to say on Bill and Jeff. 

And this is what Bill has to say on his relationship with Jeff 

🤷

Apparently the video where Bill is “uncomfortable” (he doesn’t look uncomfortable to me) is proof that he went to Epsteins island 37 times 🤦🏻 

*  I’ve just seen your comment @stevieb saying 36 times. Obviously you and other conspiracy nuts aren’t singing off the same song sheet. 

Edited by royal white

12 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Zico for example has always said it should have happened earlier, and in a way I agree, but that would have led to even more financial strife.

It may have had the absolute opposite effect. Lockdown right at the very, very start when we knew the virus was “coming” could have actually prevented it arriving and then it may well have not been necessary to lockdown for too long. All international travel would have been restricted. But movement within our borders could have resumed pretty quickly once we had quashed the 10-100 cases.

As for Bill Gates – he is responsible for people using PowerPoint and Word…. He should be called out on that alone!

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Zico said:

Still 

It's not all bad news this crisis 

Shell reports highest profits in 115 years 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64489147

White House calls Exxon record profit 'outrageous' 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64472806

Have you got any investments that may be, at least in part, linked to the oil industry?

BOE rate review today.

Andrew Bailey was particularly downbeat last time, proclaiming, incorrectly, that we were already in a recession.

He was poor in charge of the FCA and, in my view, not good in this role. The Bank should have addressed interest rates over the last 10 years, rather than keeping them artificially low, which has lead to some of the imbalances we see today.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

BOE rate review today.

Andrew Bailey was particularly downbeat last time, proclaiming, incorrectly, that we were already in a recession.

He was poor in charge of the FCA and, in my view, not good in this role. The Bank should have addressed interest rates over the last 10 years, rather than keeping them artificially low, which has lead to some of the imbalances we see today.

He's just so dull and negative. No problem with openness but he's like a Parky of the economics world.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

BOE rate review today.

What ever happened to former poster, Big-girl Oral Explosion?

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Carlos said:

The Monetary Policy Committee voted by a majority of 7-2 to raise #BankRate to 4%.

Wasn't too long ago, my rate was actually 0.5%.

I do wonder if this one is necessary. 

Inflation will drop quite considerably as the year progresses, will they cut them back a little?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I do wonder if this one is necessary. 

Inflation will drop quite considerably as the year progresses, will they cut them back a little?

You seem very Economically astute for someone who voted to break economic ties with the largest trading bloc on the planet. 🤷‍♂️

• Site Supporter

Fucking horrible this. Modern Britain. According to some on here, these people are lying, and they're actually all living it up in restaurants every night splashing their energy payments on booze and having a ball.

Edited by Cheese

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I do wonder if this one is necessary

It's good for the old savings, I'm hoping this won't be the last one that we see this year, but I suspect it will be