Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Cost Of Living Crisis

gonzo

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

If you’re that desperate send me your number and I’ll get someone (with no shame) to bell you. You won’t though because you know what I’m saying is true, you’re just being the usual fucktard you are 👍

What you are saying is no doubt true, as is what Cheese is saying - the issue is 1/2 examples don't mean conclusively that is anything is fact across the whole.

Did folk not do percentages at school?

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

So the Tories have let RW down now as well as BD?

Jeez

Theyll only have Bolty left not voting for them at this rate

No - its the scumbags spending their money on lambert and butler. 

There is no cause and effect, just the workshy and the upstanding.

Stop overcomplicating it! We want simple answers from what we can see at the end of our nose.

8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

What you are saying is no doubt true, as is what Cheese is saying - the issue is 1/2 examples don't mean conclusively that is anything is fact across the whole.

Did folk not do percentages at school?

Cheeses accused a few on here of claiming that all Those receiving energy payments are spending it on booze and having a ball, not sure who he’s pointing the finger at but I’ve not seen anyone say that. It’s obvious some folk are spending it as they wish, what the numbers are nobody knows, but it’s happening. For people to think they’re not or requiring evidence that they are just highlights how naive and far from reality so people are!  

9 minutes ago, royal white said:

Cheeses accused a few on here of claiming that all Those receiving energy payments are spending it on booze and having a ball, not sure who he’s pointing the finger at but I’ve not seen anyone say that. It’s obvious some folk are spending it as they wish, what the numbers are nobody knows, but it’s happening. For people to think they’re not or requiring evidence that they are just highlights how naive and far from reality so people are!  

On this one, you are both right - some will be, and some won't be. It isn't evidence of a complete moral collapse, and no need to argue about this one.

I honestly don't think he's been saying that for everyone if you read through, he's just asked for evidence that folk are doing that. I'm not sure that's the same thing, really?

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, royal white said:

You’ve been voting them for the last 12 years. I’m sure one day you’ll know what you’re doing when you get to that poll station .

Nope.

you need to read my posts and pay attention.

I didn’t vote for any of this lot.

or the previous lot.

so 😛😛😛😛😛

Just now, Spider said:

Nope.

you need to read my posts and pay attention.

I didn’t vote for any of this lot.

or the previous lot.

so 😛😛😛😛😛

Oh so when you said 

“I usually vote Tory, but they can fuck right off next time” 

you really meant “i fucked them off last time and I’m not voting them again” 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Oh so when you said 

“I usually vote Tory, but they can fuck right off next time” 

you really meant “i fucked them off last time and I’m not voting them again” 

By “usually”, I meant since a young age I’ve been a Tory voter.

I’ve said this loads of times

Tory 2010 edition is absolute horsedung and I haven’t voted for them.

#visionary

Just now, Spider said:

By “usually”, I meant since a young age I’ve been a Tory voter.

I’ve said this loads of times

Tory 2010 edition is absolute horsedung and I haven’t voted for them.

#visionary

You’ve not voted for them since 2010? I thought it was since Boris got in? 

7 hours ago, Zico said:

Still 

It's not all bad news this crisis 

Shell reports highest profits in 115 years 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64489147

White House calls Exxon record profit 'outrageous' 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64472806

In 1833, in Houndsditch in the City of London, a small antique shop, founded by Iraqi Jewish emigrees became a pioneer in a new trade, imported seashells. Nearly 200 years later the successor business, Shell Plc has posted record annual profits of £32.2bn, and paid £10.5bn in global taxes.

Brilliant stuff, this is a tale of entrepreneurial immigrants finding refuge in this fair isle, taking risks, then using both their skill and the UK’s global trading reach to create a lion of enterprise. They were adventurers, they were pioneering techniques in engineering still in use today, they took the risks and reaped the rewards. They co-operated with our European neighbours, using a Dutch merger to take on the American monopolists of Standard Oil. Today’s Eurocrats love talking about making national champions, Shell did it by themselves.

Their products, oil and then gas, have helped create the modern world. They ensure we live longer, healthier lives through affordable access to heat, light, transport, and products refined from fossil fuels such as plastics and pharmaceuticals.

Now with climate change and environmental stewardship high priorities for all of us they are reinvesting the dividends of the oil age in the low carbon technologies of the future.

Shell is also a Brexit success story, as the dual entity completed its move to London last year, a vote of confidence in the City that started the journey, and country that made it possible. Their taxes pay for our public services, and their shares provide reliable returns to pension funds that support millions of people’s retirement.

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, royal white said:

If you’re that desperate send me your number and I’ll get someone (with no shame) to bell you. You won’t though because you know what I’m saying is true, you’re just being the usual fucktard you are 👍

Is "send me your mobile number" the new "meet me outside the club shop"?

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

In 1833, in Houndsditch in the City of London, a small antique shop, founded by Iraqi Jewish emigrees became a pioneer in a new trade, imported seashells. Nearly 200 years later the successor business, Shell Plc has posted record annual profits of £32.2bn, and paid £10.5bn in global taxes.

Brilliant stuff, this is a tale of entrepreneurial immigrants finding refuge in this fair isle, taking risks, then using both their skill and the UK’s global trading reach to create a lion of enterprise. They were adventurers, they were pioneering techniques in engineering still in use today, they took the risks and reaped the rewards. They co-operated with our European neighbours, using a Dutch merger to take on the American monopolists of Standard Oil. Today’s Eurocrats love talking about making national champions, Shell did it by themselves.

Their products, oil and then gas, have helped create the modern world. They ensure we live longer, healthier lives through affordable access to heat, light, transport, and products refined from fossil fuels such as plastics and pharmaceuticals.

Now with climate change and environmental stewardship high priorities for all of us they are reinvesting the dividends of the oil age in the low carbon technologies of the future.

Shell is also a Brexit success story, as the dual entity completed its move to London last year, a vote of confidence in the City that started the journey, and country that made it possible. Their taxes pay for our public services, and their shares provide reliable returns to pension funds that support millions of people’s retirement.

Hahaha where the fuck have you copy and pasted that from?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

He used to support Man Utd then swapped 

He used to vote Tory then swapped 

He voted for Brexit then swapped 

1) Changed a shit decision to a better one (albeit was forced into that by family as a kid)

2) changed a shit decision to a better one

3) changed a shit decision to a better one

I take it folk who make a decision and never ever change their minds would happily continue to stand in a bucket of shit, just in case the bucket they can’t see is also full of shit?

24 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

So where is the ticker tape parade for Shell? Why is the mall not kitted out in giant yellow logos while we toast this corporation and their heroic staff for their contribution to all our lives? Why instead is the UK engaged in a competition to smear the greed of their executives, tax their success and, ultimately, drive the company back to the Netherlands.

Opposition figures queue up instead to call the profits ‘outrageous’, as if Shell is somehow responsible for the spike in oil and gas prices since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Most absurdly, Lib Dem leader Ed Davey accuses the firm of ‘making these kind of outrageous profits out of Putin’s illegal invasion of Ukraine’, as if the company was some kind of war profiteering. The clarion call, as ever, is for a ‘proper’ windfall tax, whatever that means.

We know why; the misplaced politics of envy.