Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Cost Of Living Crisis

gonzo

15 hours ago, Cheese said:

Whereas Brexiters will ignore reality and pretend leaving the EU has had no negative effect on anything whatsover, even though they spent years telling everyone they were willing to accept the negative effects of leaving the EU.

I don’t know any Brexiteer who didn’t expect there to be some negative impact from leaving an organisation we’d been part of for over 50 years. In fact many including me wanted to go even further and leave on a no deal basis, just cut the ties and deal with the impact without having to explain or cowtow to Brussels. What we’ve got now is just a complete mess and it’s not doing either us or the EU any good. Sadly the EU still can’t bring itself  to see that negotiating in good faith (as per the agreement) with the UK would be beneficial to both sides. Like many Remainers here they can’t get over the fact they lost in the vote and deal with it to make things better.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I don’t know any Brexiteer who didn’t expect there to be some negative impact from leaving an organisation we’d been part of for over 50 years. In fact many including me wanted to go even further and leave on a no deal basis, just cut the ties and deal with the impact without having to explain or cowtow to Brussels. What we’ve got now is just a complete mess and it’s not doing either us or the EU any good. Sadly the EU still can’t bring itself  to see that negotiating in good faith (as per the agreement) with the UK would be beneficial to both sides. Like many Remainers here they can’t get over the fact they lost in the vote and deal with it to make things better.

Yet every time a negative consequence of Brexit is highlighted, they dance on the head of a pin to claim it's nothing to do with Brexit. Funny that.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

The EU have negotiated in good faith you utter plum

What you mean is "The EU haven't caved in to every demand made by the UK"

They are negotiating for the best deal on behalf of 20+ countries.

You've never been in a grown up negotiation and it shows.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside
500.jpg
David Davis

1 hour ago, Spider said:

The EU have negotiated in good faith you utter plum

What you mean is "The EU haven't caved in to every demand made by the UK"

They are negotiating for the best deal on behalf of 20+ countries.

You've never been in a grown up negotiation and it shows.

Typical Remainer myopic response, no surprise there from you. Nobody expects or asked the EU to cave in and nobody expects all of the UK demands to be met. That’s what negotiations is about and If you had any semblance of understanding of negotiation practise you’d realise that The EUs position is that they can bully their way to results but they’ll find it won’t work with the UK, unless of course Captain Hindsight and his bunch of numpties capitulate, as they might and I’m sure that’s what the Brussels set are banking on. They’ve even wheeled out that idiot Barnier to help them, or did you suppose the media here were giving him air time for any other reason? Face it, we’re out, we’re not going back so get over it.

• Site Supporter

We could have done a Norway or Swiss style deal but the Tories ruled out freedom of movement. Chief Brexiter Dan Hannon said no-one was talking about leaving the single market yet we did.

It seems some folk in the UK think the EU should tear up their rule book just for us, why the fuck would they? Bonkers.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I expect we will when the generation who overwhelmingly voted for it snuffs it. So about 15-20 years then 

Many who don't have Boris Johnson's still damp undercrackers tied tightly round their neck have already realised what a steaming pile of excrement it is.

The problem of course, is that even if we were to rejoin, we will never get the terms we enjoyed previously.  Also, so much damage has been done in some industries that those supply chains will never recover anyway.

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Typical Remainer myopic response, no surprise there from you. Nobody expects or asked the EU to cave in and nobody expects all of the UK demands to be met. That’s what negotiations is about and If you had any semblance of understanding of negotiation practise you’d realise that The EUs position is that they can bully their way to results but they’ll find it won’t work with the UK, unless of course Captain Hindsight and his bunch of numpties capitulate, as they might and I’m sure that’s what the Brussels set are banking on. They’ve even wheeled out that idiot Barnier to help them, or did you suppose the media here were giving him air time for any other reason? Face it, we’re out, we’re not going back so get over it.

I voted Brexit.

And myopic? Crikey, you've just blown my Irony-O-Meter off the dial.

It's obvious you think the EU should be grateful that we still want to deal with them., Even though they're bigger and richer than us. I personally have lost EU customers because of the absolute shitshow that happened the last few years. It's been shambolic and STILL you can't provide an actual benefit beyond some whimsical fluffery about Sovrentee.

I get it, it works for you. You can bellow to people in the pub, and Spanish waiters that "you" special because "you" chose to go it alone.

Even though alone actually meant getting a better deal from the EU despite leaving the trading bloc. Which never happened.

It's failing because it's shit. Not because of a man with a loudhailer and a hat outside parliament is saying so.

1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

I expect we will when the generation who overwhelmingly voted for it snuffs it. So about 15-20 years then 

I'm not sure we'll ever go back.....but then some who voted leave (and especially Miami) suggested that as soon as the UK left, it would start a chain reaction and others would join us in leaving, which would lead to the collapse of the EU.......

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm not sure we'll ever go back.....but then some who voted leave (and especially Miami) suggested that as soon as the UK left, it would start a chain reaction and others would join us in leaving, which would lead to the collapse of the EU.......

Aye, apparently Holland would follow suit soon after if I recall and the House of cards would collapse. Because if Brexit the EU is now more popular than ever in most EU countries. 

3 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Many who don't have Boris Johnson's still damp undercrackers tied tightly round their neck have already realised what a steaming pile of excrement it is.

The problem of course, is that even if we were to rejoin, we will never get the terms we enjoyed previously.  Also, so much damage has been done in some industries that those supply chains will never recover anyway.

Howdo, Winny

You won’t read it, and if you did, you wouldn’t believe it, but here is a link, just for you. I’m sure you can have an open mind, unlike some others 

https://www.briefingsforbritain.co.uk/gains-from-brexit-on-the-3rd-anniversary/

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Howdo, Winny

You won’t read it, and if you did, you wouldn’t believe it, but here is a link, just for you. I’m sure you can have an open mind, unlike some others 

https://www.briefingsforbritain.co.uk/gains-from-brexit-on-the-3rd-anniversary/

Hahahahahaha briefingsforbritain 🤣

8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

That one where is showed an empty drs waiting room when we left the EU, and then rammed in the EU

Blimey. 

It beggars belief but W63 is bemoaning we didn’t have a no deal brexit🙈some folk haven’t the sense they were born with. 

Edited by Farrelli

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We’ve no deal with the US and they’re our second biggest trading partner. 

We HAD a great deal as part of the EU and single market and we gave it up so we could have signs in yards. Our biggest trading partner and we decided to put a wedge between the frictionless trade we enjoyed.