Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Cost Of Living Crisis

gonzo

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Would you rather fight a polar bear sized donkey or a gang of donkey sized polar bears?

Would it be a street fight in an "anything goes" type affair , or Queensbury rules? - a massive donkey in boxing gloves would be pretty scary

Donkey Jackass Boxing Stance Illustration

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Would it be a street fight in an "anything goes" type affair , or Queensbury rules? - a massive donkey in boxing gloves would be pretty scary

Donkey Jackass Boxing Stance Illustration

Yeah neutral venue. On Blackpool beach would be an advantage to the donkey and the polar bears be game as fuck on snow.

MMA Ring, no holds barred. 

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Gonk said:

It's all a load of old bollox invented way back when.  The Roman Christian historian Sextus Julius Africanus dated Jesus' conception to March 25 (the same date upon which he held that the world was created), which, after nine months in his mother's womb, would result in a December 25 birth.

It's a made up day for a made up bloke, which ever deity you pick.

So possible benefits fraud too ? Who's this Roman Christian African anyway that he knows when the deed was done. When the wick was dipped, if you will. Nobody liked a grass, even in them faraway made up days.

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Would you rather fight a polar bear sized donkey or a gang of donkey sized polar bears?

Well a polar bear size donkey would still be a donkey and eat grass. The shits would be bigger but still roughage basically. A gang of donkey sized polar bears would be a fucking handful. Dead seal sized seals all over the shop.

A PB sized donkey for me please.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

I read this bit

Also, up to 30% of exploration wells turn out to be dry, and no-one compensates energy companies when this happens, this is a cost they have to absorb themselves.”

then decided not to bother with the rest.

If one of your complaints is that prospecting should be compensated, then you live on different planet.

Speak to any sales guy in any industry, and they will tell you that prospecting dead ends are part of the job.

The guy writing this is a moron

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

I read this bit

Also, up to 30% of exploration wells turn out to be dry, and no-one compensates energy companies when this happens, this is a cost they have to absorb themselves.”

If one of your complaints is that prospecting should be compensated, then you live on different planet.

Speak to any sales guy in any industry, and they will tell you that prospecting dead ends are part of the job.

The guy writing this is a moron

Guy?

16 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Guy?

I found her bio.

Most recently I spent time at Centrica as a Senior Originator, where I focused on development of new business streams including prepaid structures, route-to-market services for small energy producers (North Sea oil and gas producers and small electricity generators), and re-structuring of legacy contracts.

Just for balance.

9 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

May be an image of text that says "11:34 71% Yorkshire Water> Thank you for contacting Yorkshire water. We appreciate your feedback, is there anything else we can help you with? Yeah can you explain to me why £3 a month can supply water to a village in Africa, yet my billis £37 a month and it's only me and the missus? Delivered"

I know this is jocular but I do a fair bit of work for UU, albeit through a third party, and the lack of actual maintenance that then leads to frivolous spending of replacement of parts time and time again is ridiculous. As I say, we are subbies of a company that do the work for UU and so no one gives a shit as they all make a bit on top along the line. It's madness. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, boogs said:

I know this is jocular but I do a fair bit of work for UU, albeit through a third party, and the lack of actual maintenance that then leads to frivolous spending of replacement of parts time and time again is ridiculous. As I say, we are subbies of a company that do the work for UU and so no one gives a shit as they all make a bit on top along the line. It's madness. 

Trickle down economics #VoteBoris/Liz

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Spider said:

I read this bit

Speak to any sales guy person any industry, and they will tell you that prospecting dead ends are part of the job.

The guy person writing this is a moron

I was told I needed to increase sales to schools (in stationery then) at the middle of June one time. I pointed out the school holidays and got a shrug of the boss's shoulders in response. 'Are we going to be having this same conversation  next month?' He said. Not with me, you're not I replied, I'm finishing this brew then I'm off to the Hare and Hounds.

And I did. I'd been made redundant from a real job six months before and never liked this job, in Haslingden. A month later I started being a support worker and never worked a day since.

10 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I’m with Virgin - 17.3% increase.

The Mrs was with Virgin last year too - it was an 11.7% increase 12 month ago.

Aye I got that message yesterday.

Wifes hair appointment gone up from £79 to £120 today.

£6 for a jacket spud and cup of tea just now.

Madness.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The Fuel price cap moves again April 1st. Fucking disgrace that this government aren't interested in helping folk with the payments, that's despite energy prices dropping, they actually are encouraging recession just to stop inflation. Cunts!     

With it not costing us the taxpayer too much so far, I think they’ll extend it.