Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pundits

stevieb

Signs of getting old... 

Lawros predictions on BBC have ended after 20 years of Liverpool being unbeaten 

Souness is still going and Im young enough to never remember him playing 

Kamara and le tiss have gone... For very different reasons 

Roy Keane is the new Souness.... Won loads with a team in their pomp a generation before that's won nowt for years... 

Micah Richards could still be playing

Less said about BT sport the better... 

15 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Signs of getting old... 

Roy Keane is the new Souness.... Won loads with a team in their pomp a generation before that's won nowt for years... 

I hate the modern premier league/European nights presenters. Too much about them and BT is incredibly top heavy on rag shite.

That saying there are some good ones coming through. Like Adam Summerton, think Dempsey does a good job on bundesliga.

James Horncastle with Jimbo is beautiful but I could imagine meeting JH in real life could be traumatic. 

I like Carragher. His partner and Redknapp a lot less so. Goes on mute if the green mount fingerers son is on. Find the foreign stations showing English games much easier to listen too.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

BT Champions League goals show with James Richardson and his European counter parts is great

That’s the only one that I would watch.

I just turn over at the final whistle for any domestic stuff.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Mmmm, Lawrenson was clever with his comments imo.

He’s a Nobender and was clearly jealous of us for many years.

He always forecast against us in his predictions and was very begrudging when we got a result.

Can’t stand the cunt.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The ones on BT are soul destroying.

Carra and Neville are the best going, just not on their own teams games.

People slate Danny Murphy but I like him, hes ace on a Monday on TS.

danny murphy is an absolute cunt, arrogant wanker. , spazzy accent .

one of 2 presenters (jw) the other , why i now listen to talk radio / tv now

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Mmmm, Lawrenson was clever with his comments imo.

He’s a Nobender and was clearly jealous of us for many years.

He always forecast against us in his predictions and was very begrudging when we got a result.

Can’t stand the cunt.

Funny that. I met him about 20 years ago, after a Bolton game he'd been commentating on. Pretty sure it was v Middlesbrough, but not sure. His sister ran my local pub, where me and my old man would go when we got back from the match, and he was in there that night. Asked him what he thought of the game, and he just moaned about losing money as he'd backed us to get beat, but we won. We took the piss out of him for a bit, and he really didn't like it. He had a chauffeur with him at the time as he'd lost his licence for drink driving.

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Signs of getting old... 

The merry-go-round never stops.

I find Micah Richards annoying. Stop laughing at shit as though it's the funniest thing ever.

Savage is stealing a living on TV & radio.

Don't mind McManaman.

Like Sutton on R5.

Like Shearer.

Nothing against Lineker.

Hoddle puts me to sleep but knows his stuff.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Funny that. I met him about 20 years ago, after a Bolton game he'd been commentating on. Pretty sure it was v Middlesbrough, but not sure. His sister ran my local pub, where me and my old man would go when we got back from the match, and he was in there that night. Asked him what he thought of the game, and he just moaned about losing money as he'd backed us to get beat, but we won. We took the piss out of him for a bit, and he really didn't like it. He had a chauffeur with him at the time as he'd lost his licence for drink driving.

Told you.

Backed against us, doesn’t surprise me.

I would have gobbed in his pint when he went for a piss.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Told you.

Backed against us, doesn’t surprise me.

I would have gobbed in his pint when he went for a piss.

His sister was behind the bar at the time, and you don't go upsetting Landlady's - especially in your local. Life would've been unbearable if I'd been barred from there as I was seeing one of the barmaids.

I like Carragher aside from Liverpool bias.

His knowledge about us on the episode of his podcast with Paddy McGuinness was great; mentioned several players that PM probably didn’t even know, and spoke vividly about watching Everton at Burnden in the early 90’s.

Unsurprisingly knew a lot more about Bolton than Paddy did. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

His sister was behind the bar at the time, and you don't go upsetting Landlady's - especially in your local. Life would've been unbearable if I'd been barred from there as I was seeing one of the barmaids.

Did you take her to the cinema?😁

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Did you take her to the cinema?😁

Of course. Then I took her to Nando's, where I told her a joke about a Sophie Ellis-Bextor song that was popular at the time. I can't remember how it went.

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Signs of getting old... 

Sourness was one of the dirtiest bastards ever

Carragher loves himself but knows his stuff. Same with Neville really but they’re the best two out there. Keane and Richards are decent entertainment value but offer little expert knowledge. Sometimes fans don’t want in depth analysis though, they just want to watch ex players lose their shit. I like Merson on soccer Saturday but the rest are all bang average

Standard of punditry is awful mostly though when it comes to analysis. In fact the EFL pundits are usually more insightful than the PL ones. Quest had some decent people on. 

Abonglahor on TS has to be up there with the worst opinions. Mcmanaman, Savage and Owen are also shite.