Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pundits

stevieb

It'll be interesting to see what a fuck up mainstream TV makes of the EFL highlights after Quest lost the deal.

I though that the Quest show was decent and had good guests and I don't see mainstream devoting 2hrs on a Saturday night to the EFL somehow.

4 hours ago, Traf said:

It'll be interesting to see what a fuck up mainstream TV makes of the EFL highlights after Quest lost the deal.

I though that the Quest show was decent and had good guests and I don't see mainstream devoting 2hrs on a Saturday night to the EFL somehow.

Ideal Sunday morning viewing too 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Steejay said:

Mmmm, Lawrenson was clever with his comments imo.

He’s a Nobender and was clearly jealous of us for many years.

He always forecast against us in his predictions and was very begrudging when we got a result.

Can’t stand the cunt.

Has his sister been using the bins in Avenham Park recently?

18 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Sam Matterface spends more time describing in homoerotic detail the clothes manager's are wearing and what hair and facial hair style player's have than he does the game.

Lee Dixon is a twat too.

Cock matterface however he’s nailed Natalie sawyer so fair play 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, royal white said:

We need more women pundits 

Aye 

And let them do the big games whilst we're at it 

Not the token last game on MOTD 

Super Sunday 

World Cup 

The lot

Have to say when Emma Hayes was doing the Euros she spoke more sense that the majority of people mentioned above 

what I can’t stand is the transparent shoe horning of women in to every football related thing (especially on the BBC) but there’s no geezers on their shower of shite attempts to play it are there? All women there 

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Have to say when Emma Hayes was doing the Euros she spoke more sense that the majority of people mentioned above 

what I can’t stand is the transparent shoe horning of women in to every football related thing (especially on the BBC) but there’s no geezers on their shower of shite attempts to play it are there? All women there 

I agree, it’s not what gender but how knowledgable the pundit Is, they also have to strike the right balance and not come across as an annoying know it all. 

7 hours ago, Traf said:

Don’t forget Quest got it from Channel 5 (which may or may not be considered ‘mainstream’) and made a right mess of it for a few weeks before reenlisting the production company that C5 used. I expect it’ll be broadly similar next season, though I must admit I had forgotten it was changing channel again.  

1 hour ago, deane koontz said:

Sam Matterface spends more time describing in homoerotic detail the clothes manager's are wearing and what hair and facial hair style player's have than he does the game.

Lee Dixon is a twat too.

This is a big gripe of mine. Just commentate on the game ha.

20 minutes ago, Pablo said:

All wankers, none good enough to actually stay in the game after playing, so wont take anything they say seriously.

Always an interesting take. I’m not sure I’d bother with management after earning at elite level. They should go back to buying boozers.

Its actually kudos to those who put themselves through the rigmarole of management when I think about it.

I dread to think what some of the day to day man management conversations are needed to satisfy multi millionaires

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, DazBob said:

Surprised the gammons haven't been out in force moaning about women and blacks...

It seems the whiteys are the ones getting the most stick. Except of course Micah Richards who is also getting stick.

Is suggest there is no bias whatsoever, and no gammon effect exists.

Some over the top criticism in general perhaps, though Jenas does indeed seem up his own arse.

I like Lineker as a presenter too, though his continued desire to throw personal, non footballing opinion into his script does him no favours. It is a football show, a thing we enjoy as it takes us away from the day to day routine.