Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pundits

stevieb

6 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Well… Clinton Morrison surely has to be the worst of the lot…. And I turn over if women are commentating…. HTH. 🤣

I listened to a game on 5 live the other day, think it was Southampton-Liverpool, and I swear he didn't get one whole sentence out without saying "To be fair".  When the match finished and they were summarising, he actually said To Be Fair 3 times in one sentence.  I was embarrassed for him and the commentator, they must be dieing to tell him to just stop it.  

21 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I listened to a game on 5 live the other day, think it was Southampton-Liverpool, and I swear he didn't get one whole sentence out without saying "To be fair".  When the match finished and they were summarising, he actually said To Be Fair 3 times in one sentence.  I was embarrassed for him and the commentator, they must be dieing to tell him to just stop it.  

To be fair, it's dying, not dieing.

18 hours ago, Cheese said:

Funny that. I met him about 20 years ago, after a Bolton game he'd been commentating on. Pretty sure it was v Middlesbrough, but not sure. His sister ran my local pub, where me and my old man would go when we got back from the match, and he was in there that night. Asked him what he thought of the game, and he just moaned about losing money as he'd backed us to get beat, but we won. We took the piss out of him for a bit, and he really didn't like it. He had a chauffeur with him at the time as he'd lost his licence for drink driving.

Didn't he have to shave his 'tash off after making a bet on MOTD that we were nailed on to be relegated about 20 years ago? Had to do it on't telly.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Sam Matterface spends more time describing in homoerotic detail the clothes manager's are wearing and what hair and facial hair style player's have than he does the game.

Lee Dixon is a twat too.

Sam's got previous for commentating on the ice skating.

I b'lieve.

31 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ally McCoist with Clive Tyldesley is absolute dream team.

Sky should be in for them two to replace Martin Tyler when he packs in.

Unbelievable that he was demoted by ITV as lead commentator in favour of Matterface.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Offshore said:

Didn't he have to shave his 'tash off after making a bet on MOTD that we were nailed on to be relegated about 20 years ago? Had to do it on't telly.

Yeah. Can't remember whether he was pre or post-tache when I met him.

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

To be fair you've got a point, although to be fair I've got a decent track record of spelling accuracy and to be fair I'll learn from it going forward.

I so wanted there to be a typo in this retort. Not for me, obviously but DazBob would’ve been all over it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I so wanted there to be a typo in this retort. Not for me, obviously but DazBob would’ve been all over it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Maybe it's missing a couple of commas, but I'll let that slide. :)

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Pablo said:

New drinking game : Every time an ex-player pundit/presenter says "100%"....take a drink.

Be pissed by 9:30 am.

And for every “absolutely” another drink. Or repeating the word “yeah” three times, 

We could do a list of punditry annoyances and play Pundit Bullshit Bingo.

7 hours ago, Pablo said:

New drinking game : Every time an ex-player pundit/presenter says "100%"....take a drink.

Worse still "110%" or any variation thereof.

I'm almost incapable of not doing an "I don't believe it" and droning on about how that's impossible.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

1 hour ago, zurichwhite said:

Our default in Hong Kong is Peter fcking Dreary, stats diarrhoea, I have him on mute. Pundit wise, Merse seriously needs to sort that mole out 😳

I see a lot of love for Peter Drury on my timeline

- example

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, MickyD said:

And for every “absolutely” another drink. Or repeating the word “yeah” three times, 

“look, we’ve talked about…….”

6 hours ago, MickyD said:

That's reminded me of the number of times players start interviews with "yeah no".  Harry Kane is possibly the worst culprit, but I hear it everywhere. "You'll be pleased with the win, you're looking good for 4th place".  "Yeah No, obviously...."

• Members
On 25/05/2022 at 16:22, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It seems the whiteys are the ones getting the most stick. Except of course Micah Richards who is also getting stick.

Is suggest there is no bias whatsoever, and no gammon effect exists.

There you go again with that common sense. He only has that one word in his arsenal and no doubt gets a huge kick every time he gets the opportunity to use it.

You kick him first.