Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pundits

stevieb

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

The best pundits are not ex-players.

Although I do like Pat Nevin. Mainly because he's got a brain between his ears and has a great taste in music and books.

His book is great.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Yeah hes in to the arts. They are all woofties.

Yeah anyone with a BA and a Cocteau Twins album in their record collection is immediately a massive pufter.

My favourite story is he was reading Chekhov on the coach back after a game and someone shouted out, 'at last a book I've heard of - I love Star Trek.'

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah anyone with a BA and a Cocteau Twins album in their record collection is immediately a massive pufter.

My favourite story is he was reading Chekhov on the coach back after a game and someone shouted out, 'at last a book I've heard of - I love Star Trek.'

Listening to Heaven or Las Vegas and having a BA certainly doesn't make you a wufter. Neither do either automatically make you all wokey. 

Substantive topic: I must admit I think Souness is good. Danny Murphy is decent. Been impressed with Nedum Onuoha on the BBC. Cannot abide Micah RIchards. He adds nothing and his voice grates. Used to despise Garth Crooks but now think he's not that bad - mainly because he knew and speaks about English football before history "began" in 1992!!

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Listening to Heaven or Las Vegas and having a BA certainly doesn't make you a wufter. Neither do either automatically make you all wokey. 

Substantive topic: I must admit I think Souness is good. Danny Murphy is decent. Been impressed with Nedum Onuoha on the BBC. Cannot abide Micah RIchards. He adds nothing and his voice grates. Used to despise Garth Crooks but now think he's not that bad - mainly because he knew and speaks about English football before history "began" in 1992!!

It totally does, you huge apologist. It makes you a massive bean spiller of the highest order who is so woke that they can't even sleep.

• Members
4 hours ago, Traf said:

Didn't Nevin have a whiff of lavender about him?

Didn't he score the goal which had that cunt Aldridge running down the side line to flick us the vee's? For that alone I can't abide the midget wingnut.

7 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Agree on Murphy, I've always thought he spoke sense going back to when he was a player.  But good shout on Nedum Onuoha, very low profile, but talks like he's educated, doesn't court attention and has good knowledge and a love of the game.  That journalist on 5 live with Richards, Sutton etc - Rory Burnand - is a really good listen too, knows his stuff especially foreign football, and great understated sense of humour.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Didn't he score the goal which had that cunt Aldridge running down the side line to flick us the vee's? For that alone I can't abide the midget wingnut.

He was indeed. Not the sideline though, he jumped over the advertising hoardings infront of us and caused a full blown riot.

Our first season up 94.

We beat them on the telly in the return fixture and our lot booed matt busbys minutes silence.

9 hours ago, gonzo said:

He was indeed. Not the sideline though, he jumped over the advertising hoardings infront of us and caused a full blown riot.

Our first season up 94.

We beat them on the telly in the return fixture and our lot booed matt busbys minutes silence.

Apologies @bolty58I thought you were referring to the League Cup semi but stand corrected as above

• Members
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Apologies @bolty58I thought you were referring to the League Cup semi but stand corrected as above

No worries mate - you had me checking the memory banks! Me lad was with me on a trip over from Oz and I recall bumping into LA White with his stars and stripes BWFC US Supporters Club flag. Was sure and certain it was Nevin who scored but you did make me revisit!

12 hours ago, Traf said:

Yes, the London to Varna leg. Morrissey was on our Manchester to London flight that day.

Kinell, we must attract 'em! Rod Stewart was on the Prague - Manchester leg of our return Traftours trip for the Rabotnicki game. "We are sailing..............".

17 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

No worries mate - you had me checking the memory banks! Me lad was with me on a trip over from Oz and I recall bumping into LA White with his stars and stripes BWFC US Supporters Club flag. Was sure and certain it was Nevin who scored but you did make me revisit!

Kinell, we must attract 'em! Rod Stewart was on the Prague - Manchester leg of our return Traftours trip for the Rabotnicki game. "We are sailing..............".

Not seen or heard from Big Steve Whitt in ages. Hope hes ok 👍 🇺🇸