Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New kit

DomRepWanderer

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Nobody will ever churn out a worse kit for us than the mustard/baby diarrhoea cloured sports bra kit.

I'm wondering what monstrosities might come out of Catore now, but I think she is into sourcing rather than designing these days.

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's the possessive pronoun, not the sponsor itself, that makes it look odd when you are wearing a top with it on.

Good deconstruction that, Stewart Lee esque. 👏 

Now every time I see the sponsor I'm going to see "Smell my cheese" 

3 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

No problem with that shirt at all. Decent

Folk moaning about sponsors logos should imagine life without one. It’s not the best but needs must

Various videos on youtube on how to remove them with solvents. Expensive if you fuck it up though!

1 hour ago, Mannyroader said:

... and Politic is playing in Serie A next season.

He's registered to a club that will be in Serie A next season.
A club who barely used him in Serie B. I don't see him playing often if at all.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Traf said:

He's registered to a club that will be in Serie A next season.
A club who barely used him in Serie B. I don't see him playing often if at all.

id guess he will play more games in div4 than serie A next season

4 hours ago, Arrested development said:

To be fair to Josh Emmanuel he was half decent. He's in the championship with hull now.

I liked Emmanuel, a decent attacking full back on his day, with pace and power and a positive attitude.  Played 28 times in Hull's promotion winning team but presumably not good enough for Championship, only 6 games last season.

• Moderators

Doncaster Rovers 5-0 (August 2008)

Wanderers fans got their first glimpse of club record signing Johan Elmander, who scored twice in an impressive win at Doncaster Rovers.

The Swede had pulled out of a previous friendly at Rochdale through injury but showed some glimpses of real class as he helped Gary Megson’s side to a win that put them in good stead for their trip to Greece.

Kevin Davies had been linked with a move to Hull City, where he was reportedly wanted by ex-Bolton man Phil Brown, but the speculation did not play on his mind as he headed the Whites into an early lead.

Elmander scored a classy opening goal, then turned in Gretar Steinsson’s cross for a second shortly before being replaced by Tope Obadeyi.

Fabrice Muamba, another new arrival, continued his good form with a well-taken goal, then laid one on for fellow midfielder Joey O’Brien.

Mustapha Riga also made his first appearance after signing from Levante, as did a yellow away kit which is now regarded as one of Bolton’s all-time worst.

8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Would’ve been cheaper going Chorley ended up in club shop, lad kitted out in training wear which tbf is pretty nice 

Did the same.  Ended up getting the retro umbro top.  I'll be spending this evening clearing my hard drive.