Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Managerial Ins and Outs 2022-23

Johnnyrotten

With quite a few managerial vacancies to be filled, and the added local interest of 3 Lancs teams still looking, I think it could do with a thread of its own instead of being squeezed into other topics.

I hope Mantra doesn't mind me pinching his link to get the ball rolling with Charlton

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62a0651be44a4/charlton-appoint-ben-garner-as-mens-first-team-manager

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Blackburn seem to be dragging their heels

Duncan Ferguson 3rd favourite apparently.  Knutsen a Norwegian is favourite.

Ronny Deila of York is 2nd favourite.  It says new York City manager so he mustn't  have been there long. 

28 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Duncan Ferguson 3rd favourite apparently.  Knutsen a Norwegian is favourite.

Ronny Deila of York is 2nd favourite.  It says new York City manager so he mustn't  have been there long. 

I saw Delia had been linked to them earlier and the first though was of Norwich. 

"Let's be 'Avin you" ....

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Gary Bowyer's latest gig is Dundee, just relegated from Prem.  Gordon Strachan is technical director apparently, I wondered where he'd got to.

Gone straight there from getting sacked from Class of 92 FC. Love to know what some of these owners think.

4 minutes ago, Mantra said:

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/29668867

Evatt dropped down the odds list, now only 14/1 for the Blackpool job

With odds at 11/10 it looks a lot like it's going to be Liam Rosenior at Gloomfield. I'm sure The Muckers/Benny's Mob/The Winter Gardens Wet Lettuces or whatever they call themselves will be delighted when the announcement is made. They can go and have a celebratory cup of tea from a flask near the South Pier and reminisce about when they saw Tommy Cooper there in 1973. 

Edited by paulhanley

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

With odds at 11/10 it looks a lot like it's going to be Liam Rosenior at Gloomfield. I'm sure The Muckers/Benny's Mob/The Winter Gardens Wet Lettuces or whatever they call themselves will be delighted when the announcement is made. They can go and have a celebratory cup of tea from a flask near the South Pier and reminisce about when they saw Tommy Cooper there in 1973. 

👍

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

You have to be a certain age of Bolton fan 😉

I am of that vintage pal.

I was on the Kop that fateful day.

I also lived in Poulton for nearly 6 years in the 80’s and I’m not shy to let folks know about my allegiance.

I understand completely. 😃

25 minutes ago, Steejay said:

I also lived in Poulton for nearly 6 years in the 80’s and I’m not shy to let folks know about my allegiance.

Good on ya.

Too young for 74 but remember the later 70s and the 80s. 

They're full of chat about BWFC are Blackpool fans aren't they. Deep down in the seagull shit-stained souls they know the score though.

Just now, paulhanley said:

Good on ya.

Too young for 74 but remember the later 70s and the 80s. 

They're full of chat about BWFC are Blackpool fans aren't they. Deep down in their seagull shit-stained souls they know the score though.

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

My Dad still lived in Bolton back then. Said the policed pulled every car in at the Lea Gate pub on Blackpool Road near Preston. Pre M55 days of course.

That after being kept in for hours after the match.

He moved to Blackpool late 70s, had to dullen the accent in town pretty sharpish. 

6 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Yeah never really bothered us that lot always legged it when we was in town in the late 70s and 80s 

Wish I'd been old enough to be there and witness that huge away following at Christmas 77. Last time won there as well. 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

My Dad still lived in Bolton back then. Said the policed pulled every car in at the Lea Gate pub on Blackpool Road near Preston. Pre M55 days of course.

That after being kept in for hours after the match.

He moved to Blackpool late 70s, had to dullen the accent in town pretty sharpish. 

Not exactly......at the end of the game, hundreds of Bolton fans including me, went over the pitch & left the ground at the other end. I'd gone on the train but got a lift back & straight back to Bolton without any problems.

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Blackpool, Christmas 77. Last time won there as well. 

A great day. Caught a very full train at Blackrod & was in town by 12 noon. Up the Prom & drank draught Champagne in Yates' then fish & chips & into a huge crushed crowd. Loved that day.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

A great day. Caught a very full train at Blackrod & was in town by 12 noon. Up the Prom & drank draught Champagne in Yates' then fish & chips & into a huge crushed crowd. Loved that day.

Neil Whatmore and Frank Worthington goals I think. We'd played the day before too (Boxing Day). Given the sheer extent of the away following this has to be up there with the best away days. If I could travel back in time to away games I missed or was a bit too young to be at  - this would be on the list along with United 1 Bolton 2 in 78/9; Blackburn 0 Bolton 1 in 77/78.