Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Managerial Ins and Outs 2022-23

Johnnyrotten

• 2 weeks later...

Find it hard to believe that Ian Evatt is now the 13th longest serving manager in the EFL (of the 72 clubs)

All these new managerial appointments seem to be signing 3 and 4 year deals and yet only 8 EFL managers have lasted 3 years and over half of them (43) have not been in their post for 12 months 

https://www.efl.com/news/managers-table/

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Heard on radio the other day that former Oldham manager, Paul Dikov, was the last to see the club through a full season. 

19 managers in the 12 years since.

John Sheridan is 3 of those managers 😀  If you go back to 2001 he's been manager on 6 separate occasions.  

• Site Supporter

Corberan left Huddersfield.

Must have another offer on the table as he did a good job with them last season, getting them to the play off final.

Edited by Steejay

4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Corberon left Huddersfield.

Must have another offer on the table as he did a good job with them last season, getting them to the play off final.

And Hudds have promoted from within. Thought they might have gone for experience

9 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Corberan left Huddersfield.

replies to the huddersfield tweets from fans suggested it was to do with lack of financial backing

Hudds Chief Exec on Danny Schofield: "He knows the club, the players, our coaching programme, and our structure as well as anyone and is ideally positioned to give us continuity," what he didn't say was "He's a good coach; never a 1st team manager in the memory of man, but we can pay him half what an experienced manager would get and he won't be demanding a big budget, he'll just be grateful"  I'll give him till Christmas or the first time they lose 3 on the trot.

51 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Hudds Chief Exec on Danny Schofield: "He knows the club, the players, our coaching programme, and our structure as well as anyone and is ideally positioned to give us continuity," what he didn't say was "He's a good coach; never a 1st team manager in the memory of man, but we can pay him half what an experienced manager would get and he won't be demanding a big budget, he'll just be grateful"  I'll give him till Christmas or the first time they lose 3 on the trot.

That is just missing words along the lines of ' anyone who knows football will understand this appointment' !!

• 1 month later...

O'Neill at Stoke the first Championship manager to be potted, no surprise there.  Dyche odds on favourite to replace him.

I'm going for Swansea to be the next Champ club to lose patience (Russell Martin).

And in our league I don't think Jimmy Floyd H will survive many more defeats at Burton.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

O'Neill at Stoke the first Championship manager to be potted, no surprise there.  Dyche odds on favourite to replace him.

I'm going for Swansea to be the next Champ club to lose patience (Russell Martin).

And in our league I don't think Jimmy Floyd H will survive many more defeats at Burton.

I thought Dyche would rock up at Everton this season

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I thought Dyche would rock up at Everton this season

I don't think Everton fans would stomach a Big Sam Mark 2 😃 Especially looking towards moving to their new ground, they'll want their next manager to be a big name with pulling power, not one that would probably make Chris Wood his first signing!

52 minutes ago, tomski said:

Other than a division above (which will hopefully change next season) Stoke is no longer a better gig than Bolton once again.

Nature is healing.

Ive got them as exactly the same as us in everything. Bang on level in the whole size of club debate.

Similar histories. Up and down the leagues, massive in the 50s etc, Stanley Mathews/Nat Lofthouse, Similar crowds.

Rich backer took them on a decade in the sunshine now they are less frivolous.

Not a change in hell hed entertain going there mind. Only a prem/top end champ would tempt him imo.

14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ive got them as exactly the same as us in everything. Bang on level in the whole size of club debate.

Similar histories. Up and down the leagues, massive in the 50s etc, Stanley Mathews/Nat Lofthouse, Similar crowds.

Rich backer took them on a decade in the sunshine now they are less frivolous.

Not a change in hell hed entertain going there mind. Only a prem/top end champ would tempt him imo.

Similar mate. Maybe 10 years behind and a few trips to division 3 and 4 for them to enjoy 

Seeing swathes of empty seats there and at places like WBA, Boro, Swansea and a few others makes me think of what "incredible supporters" these kind of clubs used to boast about during their sunny PL days. Stoke especially, the way their support was fawned over by a media not used to a loud stadium now and again.

A few years in Championship will strip it all back to those who really want to be there.

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Seeing swathes of empty seats there and at places like WBA, Boro, Swansea and a few others makes me think of what "incredible supporters" these kind of clubs used to boast about during their sunny PL days. Stoke especially, the way their support was fawned over by a media not used to a loud stadium now and again.

A few years in Championship will strip it all back to those who really want to be there.

100%.

Been said before but theres a raft of clubs all in the same middle ground. WBA, Wolves, Stoke, Bolton, Charlton etc.