Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Managerial Ins and Outs 2022-23

Johnnyrotten

54 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Lost the last 5. 3 pts from 6. 23rd of 24.

I'd forgotton this lot, who gloried in kicking us while we were down, dropped into the Conference. Here's hoping they disappear from view.

I'd be lieing if I said Scunthorpe had ever registered with me in a "rivalry" sort of way, other than having that 6 pointer at Christmas when James Henry scored the winner.  So what did they do/say?

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd be lieing if I said Scunthorpe had ever registered with me in a "rivalry" sort of way, other than having that 6 pointer at Christmas when James Henry scored the winner.  So what did they do/say?

Along with Doncaster, Peterborough and Lincoln, they were very much anti our survival. Well, their chairman tbf.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15622674.scunthorpe-united-chief-peter-swann-launches-incredible-attack-on-bolton-wanderers/

tbf, he had a point in some aspects, but that's not the point.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

26 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Along with Doncaster, Peterborough and Lincoln, they were very much anti our survival. Well, their chairman tbf.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15622674.scunthorpe-united-chief-peter-swann-launches-incredible-attack-on-bolton-wanderers/

tbf, he had a point in some aspects, but that's not the point.

Thanks for digging that out, quite an interesting read.  I'm still struggling to dislike Scunthorpe, whatever their chairman said, as you say he did have a point! 

Anyone that had a row with Anderson can't be all bad.  And as we know to our cost, what the temporary custodians of a football club say has no bearing on what the fans are like.  I sympathise with Scunthorpe fans losing their FL status with no realistic chance of getting back up any time soon.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Thanks for digging that out, quite an interesting read.  I'm still struggling to dislike Scunthorpe, whatever their chairman said, as you say he did have a point! 

Anyone that had a row with Anderson can't be all bad.  And as we know to our cost, what the temporary custodians of a football club say has no bearing on what the fans are like.  I sympathise with Scunthorpe fans losing their FL status with no realistic chance of getting back up any time soon.

I sympathise with Scunthorpe fans in general.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Entirely correct.

I just can't stand the twatspangle, his club, their rust-belt of a town nor any of their fans I've ever met.

11 hours ago, gonzo said:

Didn't we play the last ever game at their old ground?

Their last game at Old Show Ground was in the play offs in May 1988 v Torquay, they lost the 2 leg tie.  If Savaaaaggggge!!! hadn't scored at Wrexham I think that would have made us their last opponents but we avoided that. (Torquay lost to Swansea over 2 legs in the final FWIW, no glamorous Wembley final in them days).

11 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Christ, didn't realise Hills record was so bad.

Who's he blaming this time or have the onions got a disease

I thought he might have ended up back at Rochdale now that their stock has fallen and they had no manager but they've appointed Jim Bentley (ex Morecambe) so that's surely that for Hill.

I like Mowbray deserved better than some of those deluded chicken pluckers who thought they should be getting promoted. He did a great job especially getting them near promotion with loan signings and young lads. Think he will be ok at Sunderland but their lot are the definition of deluded. 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

I like Mowbray deserved better than some of those deluded chicken pluckers who thought they should be getting promoted. He did a great job especially getting them near promotion with loan signings and young lads. Think he will be ok at Sunderland but their lot are the definition of deluded. 

well they've just lost a manager with one championship and one league one promotion

and replaced him with a manager with one championship and one league one promotion

so as you were