Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Managerial Ins and Outs 2022-23

Johnnyrotten

46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Liverpool more likely to give a new manager time than Chelsea I reckon.

He should wait until just before the new year when that job will be available. 💣

Stevie G either nailed on to succeed Klopp eventually, or to never manage at a decent level again.  3 wins on the trot or 3 defeats on the trot just before Klopp leaves will probably decide which one it is.

• Site Supporter
On 11/09/2022 at 18:09, Johnnyrotten said:

He's only about 20th favourite.  25/1 with Skybet, same odds as Bielsa, John Terry and Michael Carrick!  Ryan Lowe 22/1.  Brendan Rodgers 12/1 which is an odd one.

Ah ok, I’ll keep my mouth shut next time then. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 07/07/2022 at 13:26, Johnnyrotten said:

Hudds Chief Exec on Danny Schofield: "He knows the club, the players, our coaching programme, and our structure as well as anyone and is ideally positioned to give us continuity," what he didn't say was "He's a good coach; never a 1st team manager in the memory of man, but we can pay him half what an experienced manager would get and he won't be demanding a big budget, he'll just be grateful"  I'll give him till Christmas or the first time they lose 3 on the trot.

Huddersfield have just lost 3 on the trot for the first time.

Maybe they'll get in a manager and not a coach this time, a pity it didn't happen before they played Wigan.

Surprised Traf hasn't been on to say early managerial markets will move massively based on any and every 20 quid bet. 

It's only when it's a done deal you get a true reflection of the odds. 

Sky bet are usually the only twats who even entertain it as a market from experience 

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Surprised Traf hasn't been on to say early managerial markets will move massively based on any and every 20 quid bet. 

It's only when it's a done deal you get a true reflection of the odds. 

Sky bet are usually the only twats who even entertain it as a market from experience 

If you're saying it for me, then my work is done 😉

On 30/08/2022 at 20:51, Johnnyrotten said:

Thanks for digging that out, quite an interesting read.  I'm still struggling to dislike Scunthorpe, whatever their chairman said, as you say he did have a point! 

Anyone that had a row with Anderson can't be all bad.  And as we know to our cost, what the temporary custodians of a football club say has no bearing on what the fans are like.  I sympathise with Scunthorpe fans losing their FL status with no realistic chance of getting back up any time soon.

Their chances of getting back into the Football League appear to be lengthening considerably

Now bottom of the National League a takeover deal has fallen through and there is talk of them going into  Administration which will bring with it a points deduction. 

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scunthorpe-united-at-risk-entering-7583710

Having been part & parcel of Forest Green for their climb into, & up, the leagues to give him 11 games is harsh. 

Looked at the Championship & they're 10th, 1 point behind 5th.

I hope he had a long contract and they have to pay him 3 years worth.

These Italians running Watford are a disgrace. That's 21 permanent managers in 14 years.

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Having been part & parcel of Forest Green for their climb into, & up, the leagues to give him 11 games is harsh. 

Looked at the Championship & they're 10th, 1 point behind 5th.

I hope he had a long contract and they have to pay him 3 years worth.

These Italians running Watford are a disgrace. That's 21 permanent managers in 14 years.

That's madness.

West Ham have only had 16 in their entire history.