Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Managerial Ins and Outs 2022-23

Johnnyrotten

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Having been part & parcel of Forest Green for their climb into, & up, the leagues to give him 11 games is harsh. 

Looked at the Championship & they're 10th, 1 point behind 5th.

I hope he had a long contract and they have to pay him 3 years worth.

These Italians running Watford are a disgrace. That's 21 permanent managers in 14 years.

Bilic only got 18 months, so its basically promotion or he's out with best part of a year's comp.  If they go up, they'll struggle (as he did at WBA) and when he gets sacked before Christmas they'll only have to pay up a few months.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Watford have had 9 permanent,  plus 2 caretakers in the past 3 years, Sept 19-Sept 22.

The owners have made a decent profit on Richarlison

They played Everton over Silva

They will so on Sarr when they sell him, as the other bloke whose name escapes me 

They've had two cup semi finals, a FA cup final and a good number of years in the prem 

Not bad for a Watford fan under shit owners 

8 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

The owners have made a decent profit on Richarlison

They played Everton over Silva

They will so on Sarr when they sell him, as the other bloke whose name escapes me 

They've had two cup semi finals, a FA cup final and a good number of years in the prem 

Not bad for a Watford fan under shit owners 

"There's a method to the madness" seems apt.

Bit like a smaller scale Abrahmovic type ownership model, slightly more trigger happy though.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Quick question - am sure someone on here will know - came up in a recent conversation 

Apart from Liam Richardson (Wigan ) what other ex Wanderers players are current Managers in English football and indeed in other Leagues internationally ? 

Was Neil Cox doing a bit somewhere?

15 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Quick question - am sure someone on here will know - came up in a recent conversation 

Apart from Liam Richardson (Wigan ) what other ex Wanderers players are current Managers in English football and indeed in other Leagues internationally ? 

Gary O'Neil still in charge at Bournemouth for now I believe

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He did but he has a history of leaving and then re-joining that club.

Before Johnson left office, Sheridan had had a spell as manager there during the premiership of every Prime Minister since Major.

I know. Unlikely he'd return within a fortnight of his resignation though.

33 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He did but he has a history of leaving and then re-joining that club.

Before Johnson left office, Sheridan had had a spell as manager there during the premiership of every Prime Minister since Major.

Im sure David Unsworth was appointed manager at Oldham last week.

1 hour ago, woolli said:

Im sure David Unsworth was appointed manager at Oldham last week.

I'd missed that.  Just read an Unsworth quote: "I genuinely think this club is a sleeping giant, one that can climb up not just one league, but 2 or 3, in a short space of time".  God knows what his idea of a sleeping giant is, but good luck to him.  I might be revisiting that quote in 18 months because if he can get even in the top half of the National League in that time he's done a great job, unless they get a Wrexham/Stockport type benefactor.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Remarkable though that in the late 80s, we were watching them on the plastic pitch doing well in the top flight, with some top names. Good cup runs too.

I was always quite chuffed for them too when they kept bloodying the nose of the big boys. Had some cracking players

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I was always quite chuffed for them too when they kept bloodying the nose of the big boys. Had some cracking players

Absolutely. Enjoyed watching the cup games- as a student in digs, I even got a housemate who had no interest in football going bananas during games. Happy days.