Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Managerial Ins and Outs 2022-23

Johnnyrotten

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 20:15, Offshore said:

Be Stevie G next.    (Hopefully)

Gary McSheffrey at Doncaster beat him to it!

3 of the bigger midlands clubs looking for a new manager, Villa, WBA, Wolves.

Jody Morris favourite for WBA and Michael Carrick for Boro, look risky appointments.  Fans don't generally give unproven managers long to show what they can do.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Stevie G joins the long list of fraud managers who used to play.

Aye 

Or more to the point, good players don't always make good managers 

Also an example of how low a standard Scottish football is 

Whilst going a season unbeaten anywhere is an achievement, it doesn't mean you or your football are of a decent standard  

They should try Pochettino, not Dyche

Some idiot chairman will offer him a go. He'll then have to decide if the club is big enough to deserve him and if they are stupidly stuffed with enough cash to let him waste £100m on nonentity players.

Meanwhile, prepare for the wavelengths on tv to be filled with his Scouse umming & ehhing.

7 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Some idiot chairman will offer him a go. He'll then have to decide if the club is big enough to deserve him and if they are stupidly stuffed with enough cash to let him waste £100m on nonentity players.

Meanwhile, prepare for the wavelengths on tv to be filled with his Scouse umming & ehhing.

Yes, if its too late for him to be on the world cup panels, he'll be all over the next batch of Prem games post-World Cup.  Then he'll be on the shortlist for jobs from about Christmas, but surely not in the Prem.  Best he can hope for next is Championship surely, one of those clubs with a huge budget obviously.  I don't see him turning up at Crawley or Doncaster just yet.

Never get the hate for Gerrard.

Easily the best midfielder weve seen in a generation in this country. Leader, captian and dragged his club to a Champions League.

I know hes a scouser but fuckin ell he done nothing but be exceptional through his whole career.

Villa was way too big for him. Didnt have had some bad luck mind.

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Never get the hate for Gerrard.

Easily the best midfielder weve seen in a generation in this country. Leader, captian and dragged his club to a Champions League.

I know hes a scouser but fuckin ell he done nothing but be exceptional through his whole career.

Villa was way too big for him. Didnt have had some bad luck mind.

Was thinking this. Reserve my hate for the rag players who became managers. All shite too

• Moderators
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I don't get the hate for Gerrard either. Some memorable moments for England. 

That vacancy is crying out for the appointment of Dyche. It's a mystery to me as to why he's not found a new role already.

I think Dyche is a "keep them up" type manager 

Villa's aim is probably top half, so Pochettino or Emery would probably be more what they are looking for 

Dyche will probably end up at Everton

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Is that not a case of keeping friends close and enemies closer? 

Well, he's hung around with, even for Liverpool, undesirables for a long time. Currently his 18 year old daughter (an 'influencer ... don't start me) is dating a notorious gangster, Irishman Lee Byrne. 'Stevie' was with them last week. 

So, if it ever was keeping enemies close he's moved on nicely.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I think Dyche is a "keep them up" type manager 

Villa's aim is probably top half, so Pochettino or Emery would probably be more what they are looking for 

Dyche will probably end up at Everton

Their fans would see that as Allardyce mark 2 and would soon see the back of him, the first time they lose 3 on the trot with Chris Wood up front.  Rightly or wrongly I don't think they'll go down that road again.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, he's hung around with, even for Liverpool, undesirables for a long time. Currently his 18 year old daughter (an 'influencer ... don't start me) is dating a notorious gangster, Irishman Lee Byrne. 'Stevie' was with them last week. 

So, if it ever was keeping enemies close he's moved on nicely.

Rumour at the time was Gerrard's kids were actually some drug dealers as his Mrs shagged around in those social circles