Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Managerial Ins and Outs 2022-23


 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Rovers fans trying to convince themselves they've got a top quality manager is comical.

Massive upgrade on Mowbray etc. Yeah, yeah

To be fair he did very well with Malmo but I'm not sure that's really relevant in a Championship dogfight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Rejected by Rosenior because of budget and training ground... lol

You have to wonder whether he’s got his eye on the top job at Derby if they’re forced to fire off Rooney to save cash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Theres that much of a meltdown here the sea has turned bright orange.....

(Open goal)

how come?

who were they expecting?

or is it just a case it could've been someone better / more exciting?

a quick wiki tells me he once managed them for 12 whole games before resigning

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

how come?

who were they expecting?

or is it just a case it could've been someone better / more exciting?

a quick wiki tells me he once managed them for 12 whole games before resigning

Tbf I expect that would explain most of their reaction. When I saw the appointment I felt sure he’d been there before but then wondered if I’d thought of the wrong stop on the merry go round and had to double check. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf I expect that would explain most of their reaction. When I saw the appointment I felt sure he’d been there before but then wondered if I’d thought of the wrong stop on the merry go round and had to double check. 

I presumed he'd quit because of oyston being a cunt or something

but, a quick look again at wiki might suggest he quit to speak to blackburn

but surely blackburn didn't approach someone who'd recently already taken a job?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

I presumed he'd quit because of oyston being a cunt or something

but, a quick look again at wiki might suggest he quit to speak to blackburn

but surely blackburn didn't approach someone who'd recently already taken a job?

 

Yeah that’s pretty much what happened.

Rumour had it he has a Preston tattoo as well which makes him popular.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, tomski said:

Yeah that’s pretty much what happened.

Rumour had it he has a Preston tattoo as well which makes him popular.

ok, all makes sense now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Only the jay spearings of the world mate. 

Exactly. People on the slippery slope to put it politely.

He’d of been mental to even consider them.

He wants to be a premier league manager. That would happen quicker with us than them. Not saying it’s on (actually I am) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.