Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Documentaries

deane koontz

• Members

Brothers In Football. The story of Corinthian Casuals in London being the 'father' of Brazilian giants Corintians.

Best football documentary I think I have ever seen. What those plumbers, bricklayers and painters must have felt being welcomed by 30,000 people at Sao Paulo airport and playing in front of a packed stadium must have been indescribable.

Thousands of Brazilians making the pilgrimage to Corinthian Casuals home games too. Skriking in a bar in a demountable in some muddy English field at the realisation that they are visiting where it all started for their club. Brilliant documentary.

Ā 

11 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

What are some of your favourites?

Need some watching materialĀ since post season boredom is kicking inĀ šŸ„±

Get yourself Amazon Prime, tons on thereĀ 

The Rooney, Alex Ferguson & Gerrard ones are superb and by far the best.

One Night In Turin is alright although Gary Oldman's narration is a bit ham and actually spoils it a bit. The book is 1000 times better would recommend it to anyone.

I'm a sucker for anything about past tournaments so the ITV one about 86 that got some of the old players back together was decent and any of the multiple ones about Euro 96

Not a documentary, a comedy, but if you're of a certain age the number of references they put in will jog the memory as much as a doc would.

Fairly ropey quality vid, but that's to be expected as I don't think it was ever repeated or released on dvd etc. Which is a pity as it is brilliant!

Pick a time you can watch it all in one go and revel in 1970s nostalgia

Ā 

'The game of their lives' about the 1966 North Korean world cup team was a belter.Ā  One of them bursting into tears at the mention of Kim Il Song with "I miss him so much" was a bit of an eye opener.

The world cup films on Amazon are good viewing to, particularly 74 and 78 for me.

For pure nostalgia for anyone who watched football in the 70s and early 80sĀ  this is an excellent Granada TV documentaryĀ Ā 

and my favourite has to be the 3 part BBC 2 series "Busby Shankley and Stein" narrated by the excellent Hugh McilvanneyĀ 

Ā 

Here is a link to part oneĀ 

Ā 

7 hours ago, Zico said:

Panorama - Millwall

Ā 

Harry the Dog?

The Blackburn fan who starred in their kit advert vid apparently leathered him all over everywhere. A bit like pisscanDan when he repeatedly twatted Garrrrrrppppp

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Morizio said:

Harry the Dog?

The Blackburn fan who starred in their kit advert vid apparently leathered him all over everywhere. A bit like pisscanDan when he repeatedly twatted Garrrrrrppppp

As did Max on Manny Rdā€¦

11 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

'The game of their lives' about the 1966 North Korean world cup team was a belter.Ā  One of them bursting into tears at the mention of Kim Il Song with "I miss him so much" was a bit of an eye opener.

The world cup films on Amazon are good viewing to, particularly 74 and 78 for me.

Not available, the cunts.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, tomski said:

I bet no one slapped Barry the wolf about though.

There's a line in that documteary that sounds more like a kids tv show than some notorious hooligan line up, goes something like

"Harry the dog, Bobby the wolf, mad Pat and Winkle are off to Bristol"